OEM replacement clam shell vents round three?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I had many folks ask me while at the rally if they could still get a set of the OEM replacement clam shell vents for their cars so I am making a new thread. I got with our machinist today to see how many sets he had left from the second batch of vents as well as if he would do a third run on them if we had enough response. He has five sets left over from the second batch and he would do a third batch if we could get ten more orders beyond that. I was really shocked to see as many cars as I did at the rally without the billet replacement vents last week and how warped there vents were. So what I would like to do is start a list for our forum members who would want to get a set of the OEM billet replacement vents and we will see if we can do a third run on them. I am sure Shadowman will still do the painting for the top vents if anyone would like to take advantage of his services. Let's get the list started:thumbsup

Picture 1 is the billet replacement side vents
Picture 2 is the billet replacement top vent next to the original OEM on the left
Picture 3 warped top vent
Picture 4 warped side vent

OEM top vents unpainted $875 shipped
Link to order: http://www.fordgtforum.com/vents.html

OEM side vents powder coated black $700 shipped.
Link to order: http://www.fordgtforum.com/sidevents.html

Attachments

• IMG_4755.jpg
    IMG_4755.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 402
  • Vents%202.jpg
    Vents%202.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Vents%205.jpg
    Vents%205.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I will start the list here:
paulo5656
jbsteven (better known as Mullet:biggrin)
Apollo
sinovac
FM99
MarkH

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I need to vent.

I was really shocked to see as many cars as I did at the rally without the billet replacement vents last week and how warped their vents were.

Gentlemen,

+1 on the above statement. There were some beautiful GTs at the Rally with $20,000 worth of high-performance engine work that are still sporting horribly warped original plastic clamshell vents. I don't get it. This is like a highly paid supermodel with crooked teeth who doesn't want to spend $875 at the orthodontist to get them fixed. But unlike her teeth, your plastic vents are going to continue to get worse. Every time you take your GT out of the garage, people are going to stare at her ass. Provide them with a quality view, lose those rickety, crooked plastic top and side vents. :biggrin

Chip

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
sign me up for a set of the top vents. Could use them asap.

The studs from my factory ones have broken off.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Broken studs.

Sign me up for a set of the top vents. Could use them asap.

220+ MPH airflow will do that! :lol The failure rate on the plastic vents, both top & side, on cars that are driven will ultimately be close to 100%. Two of the studs on my original vents had broken off as well.

Chip

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
sign me up for a set of the top vents. Could use them asap.

OK I have you added to the list and I will send you a PM soon:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
I too saw far too many warped vents at this Rally and IMO all of the gals need a set of the CNC aluminum upper and side vents. Once in place they are a forever fix and frankly the cost for these wonderful pieces is not much than the OEM plastic replacement pieces which on several gals have been replaced more than once.

For those that purchase them I will gladly continue the service of coating them thus making the entire process painless and easy

Takes care

Shadowman

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
I got mine partly because I thought they were awesome. Partly because now I have the originals stored, in good shape, for "someday". So worth the price.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I am in. Shadowman, I will have you do the powdercoat to my center vents. Great looking work on the vents and paint!
TC

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ouch, you can stop twisting my arm. I'll take a set of both (with the top vents in white).

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I have to say I LOVE my billet vent replacements! Thanks Shadowman Petunia! Get them!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed has them too!

Thanks pe2unia & Shadowman! I had them put on right before the Rally & wish I would've done it long ago. Very cool & befitting a car such as the GT.

Ed

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
I would like a set. How do I get the top vents to shadowman to paint white?
Thanks.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would like a set. How do I get the top vents to shadowman to paint white?
Thanks.

What we do is send them directly to Shadowman to have the painting done and the sides will go out to you. Once the painting process is done Shadowman will send them directly to you. I will add you to the list and send you a PM later this week for all of the payment details.:thumbsup

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
To make things easier for everyone I have added these links for payment to the first quote of this thread as they were used from the earlier batch of vents. Let me know if you have any questions as the vents should ship by the end of the week.:thumbsup

OEM top vents unpainted $875 shipped
Link to order: http://www.fordgtforum.com/vents.html

OEM side vents powder coated black $700 shipped.
Link to order: http://www.fordgtforum.com/sidevents.html

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
All of the vents are shipped so if anyone else wants a set please let me know ASAP:thumbsup

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
I would like a set of top vents painted white.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would like a set of top vents painted white.

PM sent!:thumbsup

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I just installed my side vents. The workmanship is top notch and they are an exact dupicate of the OEM pieces, only far superior. The only way to tell the difference is that the aluminum vents are straight. Thanks Pe2unia. I'm looking forward to the top vents (thanks SHADOWMAN for painting them).

I'm impressed with the resourcefulness of the GT owners' group. The collective skill and determination of the group makes me much less apprehensive about future parts availability and maintenance issues.

Who wants to take a shot at better, OEM style side splitters (which also warp)?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just installed my side vents. The workmanship is top notch and they are an exact dupicate of the OEM pieces, only far superior. The only way to tell the difference is that the aluminum vents are straight. Thanks Pe2unia. I'm looking forward to the top vents (thanks SHADOWMAN for painting them).

I'm impressed with the resourcefulness of the GT owners' group. The collective skill and determination of the group makes me much less apprehensive about future parts availability and maintenance issues.

Who wants to take a shot at better, OEM style side splitters (which also warp)?

Glad you were completely satisfied:thumbsup We do have a few sets left over if anyone else is interested