OEM Floor mats

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
I just put Andrews floor mats from Exoticare in my car. They are excellent. The original are really turning into a problem. The adhesive between the foam and the rubber is dripping and making a terrible mess to the point I may have to dispose of them. I have tried numerous products and nothing seems to work. As soon as I rinse any product off of them ,it returns to a grease/glue mess. Has anyone seen this? I used low odor mineral spirits to clean the car but the amount of this material between the pieces is incredible. I have looked for new set including Fast Parts Network with no success. Before I throw these away does anyone have any suggestions. I was surprised that I have not seen anyone else with this problem considering the extent of the glue that is dissolving I thought I would see something posted. Considering the heat in south Florida I can understand seeing some of this but its really bad. Bad enough I may have to toss them. Any help would be really be appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Many owners have had the same problem, including myself. It has been posted on many threads before too.

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
Any luck with any products?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Any luck with any products?

No. I think the OEM mats are beyond hope, that goo is too much to contend with.

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Agree. Removed mine day one. I use exotic are too. A great product. I used a small piece of plywood...about 5 by 10 under the mat where feet are. If you notice the OEM mats have about 1/2 inch rise there.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've got that too too. Cleaned it up once with that orange cleaner stuff but I'm sure it's back

Do the other mats fit in the same holes and as deep as the originals? It looked like they went on top of the orignals

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I ordered a pair of OEM as back up and they were leaking in plastic package !

I found stainless steel cleaner worked the best; anything stronger will gray the rubber

Use a very hot towel (boiling water) and wipe in one direction

Use drop cloth as it will stick to all

Don't get that on seats or leather kick panels or doors!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Search for the past threads on floor mats - there are lots of them.

I like the OEM mats - very race like!

Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I've got that too too. Cleaned it up once with that orange cleaner stuff but I'm sure it's back

Do the other mats fit in the same holes and as deep as the originals? It looked like they went on top of the orignals

The Exoticare mats fill in the void left from the OEM mats in the floor perfectly. Only difference is they don't have that raised section.

IMG_1894_zpsc74ba4e9.jpg

I added the cup holder on the passenger side.
IMG_1895_zps62cbcbaa.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Search for the past threads on floor mats - there are lots of them.

I like the OEM mats - very race like!

Ed

Aren't your spewing out sticky goo yet?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
They are somewhat hard to get I believe

I paind like $150 & $175 per side 5yrs ago

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Aren't your spewing out sticky goo yet?

A little but I use a little brake/contact cleaner to clean it up. Just have to be careful getting it on the silver paint.

Ed

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Mats

We have replaced many of your leaking OEM floor mats. The originals had a poor design and have made a mess in a lot of GT's.

Paint thinner, Acrysol and GOOF OFF work very well to clean up the mess.

My new carbon mats are a nice alternative to the rubber mats as well. They also have a slightly higher heel pad area in comparison to the carpeted versions. Should any of you want full leather mats - these can be made as well. And they are a lot more durable than the rubber mats - in addition to being completely waterproof and scratch resilient.

DSC_5480_zpse558a478.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMjI4LTAwNTg5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMjI4LTAwNTkxLmpwZw.jpg

DSC_5488_zps743689de.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you put them in the cold, they don't goo so much and they are easier to clean and work with.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
If you put them in the cold, they don't goo so much and they are easier to clean and work with.

but most of us dont' have either walk in fridges or "drawers" where the mats can be used as headrest as we cool them down.....

side business for ya Franky - Goo cleaning?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
We have replaced many of your leaking OEM floor mats. The originals had a poor design and have made a mess in a lot of GT's.

Paint thinner, Acrysol and GOOF OFF work very well to clean up the mess.

My new carbon mats are a nice alternative to the rubber mats as well. They also have a slightly higher heel pad area in comparison to the carpeted versions. Should any of you want full leather mats - these can be made as well. And they are a lot more durable than the rubber mats - in addition to being completely waterproof and scratch resilient.

Andrew,

Those new mats. Might have to get a set. Just too nice.

Vince H

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
I went out and ordered a replacement set from Ford today to replace my OEM SET. I like to have one stock of everything I have replaced. They will be here day after tomorrow. Great! Sounds like I may have a new set with the same old goo problem. I guess I will look at them and make the call when I pick them up. Members have no idea what is lurking under there. What a mess. Maybe its better to not look. Like the crazy grandmother that lives in the cellar! Don't ask, Don't tell.

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
The tray in the car will clean up with those products. Its the matts that are hosed. They will not come clean. Its like the very construction of it is melting.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The next thing that we're going to find out, is that there's a correalation between "matt goo" and failed gauges!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
The next thing that we're going to find out, is that there's a correalation between "matt goo" and failed gauges!!!

Good One!:rofl