October Open tracks in NorCal

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
yeah it looks like that Volvo was trying out a new racing line or just a shortcut... It was a fun day and I learned a LOT that day since it was my first time on the track. Instructors/coaches were 'fighting' to be in the car with me because they loved it so much therefore I got more help than anyone else. Out of 6 runs I had a coach during 5 of those runs. Their help is invaluable and track officials didn't mind about my 107decibels either! Actually they loved it ;) I just have two recomendations...1) get a coach 2) get some type of clear shield installed on your car!! (I didn't have any scratches or damage but there was a lot of road tar to clean up)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
1) get a coach 2) get some type of clear shield installed on your car!! (I didn't have any scratches or damage but there was a lot of road tar to clean up)

Yes, I had a coach the whole time! I didn't notice any road tar on my GT. I was too tiried to check the car after the event and spent the night at Ed's home. When I looked at the car in the morning, WOW, it look better than when I left for the event! I call that hospitality!
:thumbsup

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
Ed is the only guy I've ever seen that brings detailing spray to a track event.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
spray

I thought everyone brought detailing spray to the track!

Ed

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
we do now!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for sharing.... I'm jealous !!

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Yes, I had a coach the whole time! I didn't notice any road tar on my GT. I was too tiried to check the car after the event and spent the night at Ed's home. When I looked at the car in the morning, WOW, it look better than when I left for the event! I call that hospitality!
:thumbsup

You're right, the track was clean and my car got dirty on the way to the track. There was some road construction going on and some fresh asphalt loose on the roadway....ugh