Numbers from a stock GT that I dynoed 542RWHP...

Justin@VMP

Dec 9, 2005
A month ago I had a dyno-day at a Ford dealership, I dynoed the owners GT. Conditions that day were good, 60-70s, low humidity, decent baro.

The car made 542rwhp on the first pull while it was still pretty cool. Then 525rwhp 7 minutes later. This type of power loss from heat-soak is pretty normal for supercharged cars.

georgiaFGT.jpg

The roughness in the graph is due to the very rich a/f and very conservative factory timing curve. With a tune the power and TQ curves would become much smoother.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would say that is typical. After the Heffner pulley, tune and accufab exhaust I put down 602rwhp. Thanks for posting a good base.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
What would be the HP at the crank for this stock car and Bony's?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Add about 15%.
Joe, check your email, I sent you my last dyno runs.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i bet the rear engine design of a GT has less drivetrain loss than a viper or even a vette. if a viper has 15% and a vette has 14% i bet the GT has 13%. so this means 542 rwhp = 622 crank hp.

the stock tune is way rich. i bet if you leaned out that tune, another 20 rwhp could be obtained.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
A normal car has a 15-17% parasitic loss through the drive line. The GT's loss is only 10-11%.
:thumbsup:thumbsup

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Thanks Daniel for the info.

I suppose what I've read is true that the 550 hp crank HP rating by Ford really is conservative.

What we have here is 600 crank HP with a broken in, stock GT, no matter if 10 or 15% loss is used.:banana

Justin@VMP

Dec 9, 2005
Yes I bet its less than 15% loss.

There is a ton of power, just from a tune on these cars. I have not had a chance to do any back to back comparisons, as the GTs I've worked on were already modded. However, I'm getting 40-60rwhp from tune only on the GT500s, which is a very similar engine.

I did tuned an FGT with pulley and exhaust than made 630ish at the wheels with not much cool down and a very conservative tune for road racing.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The thing you guys have going for you that we poor folks on the West Coast don't is the 93 octaine go juice, we are getting 91 octaine Kal-fool-nia 10% added ethanol 'stuff''
You gents can always pull more safely out of a motor than we can.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The thing you guys have going for you that we poor folks on the West Coast don't is the 93 octaine go juice, we are getting 91 octaine Kal-fool-nia 10% added ethanol 'stuff''
You gents can always pull more safely out of a motor than we can.

Yeh, us suckers in CA, paid the more for our gas than any other state, with the possible exception of HI, and even with the highest prices we get an inferior product! We can thank our politicians for that. We also pay some of the nations highest prices for electricity too!

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
I would say that is typical. After the Heffner pulley, tune and accufab exhaust I put down 602rwhp. Thanks for posting a good base.

by installing the heffner pully whats is the boost after upgrade,also what do you mean by tune.
thanks

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The 2.7 pulley will give you about 16PSI. By tune he means computer recalibration. That is needed to get the most out of the combination safely.