Nth Moto test drive in new build Ford GT

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Wow must be a beast how's the day to day drivability & any plans to run it somewhere ,i'm into the 1/2 mile Airstrip roll racing events through ShiftSector in my modified 911 turbo .At the last event last month there was a Nth Moto Viper cleaning up hitting 226 mph top speed .They have them in Indiana ,Texas & Kansas all coming up.
Honestly the drivability is even better than stock. With the addition of drive by wire we are to have full control of the pedal electronically. We did 250 miles it on this last Friday and I could have done another 200 easily. It’s flawless.

I would love to do 1/2 race. I did several back in the day in my GTR. Fastest I did was 221mph. I don’t think we would break 200 with the GT but would still be fun as hell. If I end up going to one I’ll have to let yall know in case anyone wanted to come and watch!

I may be planning on going to TX2K this year in Dallas. I won’t be racing just hanging out and have the car to just enjoy while I’m out there.

Reactions: steved57

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Go to their web site and open the Ford GT page. What is the car next to the GT in the last photo???

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Go to their web site and open the Ford GT page. What is the car next to the GT in the last photo???
I just looked and i don’t have a clue! Looks like a death trap, ha!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Kind of reminds me of this

Attachments

• 20131027_111111.jpg
    20131027_111111.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Honestly the drivability is even better than stock. With the addition of drive by wire we are to have full control of the pedal electronically. We did 250 miles it on this last Friday and I could have done another 200 easily. It’s flawless.

I would love to do 1/2 race. I did several back in the day in my GTR. Fastest I did was 221mph. I don’t think we would break 200 with the GT but would still be fun as hell. If I end up going to one I’ll have to let yall know in case anyone wanted to come and watch!

I may be planning on going to TX2K this year in Dallas. I won’t be racing just hanging out and have the car to just enjoy while I’m out there.
Yea i here ya i'm going back to the Shift sector 1/2 mile Airstrip races on march 3rd & 4th here in SoCal & i signed up for both days ,but still deciding if i'm gonna take the GT on ones of the days or not.

Reactions: Bbhaynes

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
So Aaron told me that other car is a Bonneville car - turbocharged flathead Ford, built like a true "belly tank" racer like was done Post war where they used plane belly tanks as an aerodynamic body.

kiko1

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2020
Miami, FL
What an amazing build! Aaron and the team are absolutely amazing. Curious what the ticket is for something like this? I'd guess close to or over 6 figures? Well worth it!!

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
What an amazing build! Aaron and the team are absolutely amazing. Curious what the ticket is for something like this? I'd guess close to or over 6 figures? Well worth it!!
They definitely build an amazing car! There was tons of one off and custom stuff on the car so yeah it was pretty expensive but totally worth the end result. It was definitely close to six figures but again lots of one off stuff especially the drive by wire conversion which took a lot of R&D and time to figure out.

kiko1

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2020
Miami, FL
They definitely build an amazing car! There was tons of one off and custom stuff on the car so yeah it was pretty expensive but totally worth the end result. It was definitely close to six figures but again lots of one off stuff especially the drive by wire conversion which took a lot of R&D and time to figure out.
I can see that. I follow their Viper program closely and man what a product they put out. I'd love to see some more videos of your car running!!! Congrats on such a beauty!

Reactions: Bbhaynes