Nth Moto test drive in new build Ford GT

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS

I still don't think this audio does it justice, but it tries. Try it on sound nice speakers or headphones!

2X the OEM power level, and an RPM band that goes clean and happy to 7000 RPM singing all the way. Not only that, but the smooth progression of the blower combined with this cam profile layout, when managed by the MoTeC ECU and drive by wire conversion we did makes for an un-real amount of control, with a car known for getting a bit rowdy at low speeds when the tires say no mas.

These runs are all on pump gas, but it has full flex fuel capability and makes almost another 100 WHP if need be, but the gratification this car gives at this level is pretty stunning.

It really is incredible. We drove 200 miles in one day and I could have easily done another 200. Car is unbelievable fun to drive. Like Aaron said even with “only” 1000hp is it probably one the best driving and fun experiences I have had in a car. Kudos to the Nth team for building a monster of a car.

Seriously if anyone is looking to build a Viper or a custom project like mine you should look no further than Aaron Miller and his team at Nth Moto.

Enjoy, and share with your car friends please!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It would be great to see a list of everything they touched to do this build. For example, fuel pumps/lines, electrical, anything beyond the cams inside the engine etc.

Very cool build.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
It would be great to see a list of everything they touched to do this build. For example, fuel pumps/lines, electrical, anything beyond the cams inside the engine etc.

Very cool build.
Here is the full list. Happy to answer questions or more details. There is definitely a lot going on in this build!

Induction System:

Nth Moto hand fabricated big tube cold air intake system feeding the Whipple 4.5L blower system featuring the W275AX rotor pack for high efficiency and lower outlet temperatures. System to be finished in all black including the giant elliptical 3250 cfm throttle body system. Setup with two pulley options with a 4 bolt changing system for quick alteration if needed. Intake system makes use of OEM clamshell air routing and minimizes restrictions to aid in blower efficiency.

Electronics:

MoTeC Ford GT package featuring the M150 ECU for more I/O capability, sequential fuel injector control over the 16 injectors, and more ability for future expansion. Ignition control, advanced power management strategies, adjustable traction control via in cabin switches, launch control, rolling anti-lag, all vital sensor system monitoring, all OEM gauge functionality. Includes all sensors and custom Raychem sheathed wiring harness for clean system installation. Allows flex fuel capabilities as well.

Fuel System:

Nth Moto exclusive low level pickup capable fuel system with 3 high flow pumps, large body 6 micron filter, all lightweight E85 safe fuel hose, custom black/silver fittings, Fore adj fuel pressure regulator, and Injector Dynamics injectors System will support up to 1500WHP on ethanol and suffers no fuel slosh issues like traditional in tank systems.

Fuel system additions:

Replaced two OEM in tank pumps with modern ethanol safe high flow variants with unique metric corrugated internal tank fuel hoses.

Exhaust:

Nth Moto custom long tube header system in all stainless steel with 4-1 merge style header collectors optimized for big blower power, free flow exhaust with advanced muffler and crossover system to ensure a "non-truck sounding" exhaust with plenty of noise making still. Headers and exhaust inconel shielded to protect all other engine and chassis components, and fit to the bumper delete exhaust panel.

Suspension:

Install Ahlman coilover suspension, installation, ride height set, corner scale, and vehicle alignment.

Cooling:

Custom water reservoir for intercooler system for double the water system capacity and an OEM appearance. Includes parts, fabrication labor, coatings, and installation. Nth Moto transmission cooler custom built for fuel system space and refined cooler core placement.

Drive by Wire Upgrade:

DBW throttle control upgrade - required M150 ECU and enables ability to do a DBW throttle body to replace the cable unit, giving us a huge bonus in power management on the unit. CNC machined billet aluminum blower to DBW throttle adapter, anodized, unique pedal sensor system design and integration utilizing OEM FGT pedal, and wiring termination along with calibration work associated. Powdercoated sensor housing, OEM Ford Racing throttle needed for motor install into Whipple oval DBW TB, cable sheathing and tethering tools.

Clutch:

Nth Moto carbon/carbon triple disc Ford GT clutch. Includes ARP axle bolt hardware system and installation of both clutch and axle bolt system.

Engine:

Nth Moto custom spec blower camshafts on Comp cores, with upgraded valvesprings, retainers, ARP hardware, Accufab billet secondary chain tensioners, billet steel primary chain tensioners, and billet aluminum chain guides. New valve cover
gaskets, timing cover gasket, rear main seal (was leaking), GT oil drain kit.

Safety:

Safecraft fire bottle and engine suppression system. Special fitting seal system in use on provided hardline system with custom lines to mount bottle behind passenger seat.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Nice synopsis. Seems they left no stone unturned.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Nice synopsis. Seems they left no stone unturned.
Yeah they were very very thorough. Took a little more time and was a little more costly but definitely worth it in the end. Car literally drives better than stock with over twice the power.

Reactions: steved57

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am sorry, I know you have answered this question before, but I can’t remember where.

Did they add an additional pulley key to the crankshaft?

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
I am sorry, I know you have answered this question before, but I can’t remember where.

Did they add an additional pulley key to the crankshaft?
We did not do an additional pulley key. With the Motec and being able to do a smooth progressive of ramp in power it was not really necessary. Also the torque is limited to make sure we don’t have that issue.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Curious where you found a Safecraft suppression system? Do they still make them for the GT?

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Curious where you found a Safecraft suppression system? Do they still make them for the GT?
I actual bought it used from a forum member on here. I do not think they make them anymore.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I didn't see mention of a knock sensor function. It that installed and enabled in the Motec? And as long as it's now DBW, is cruise control added?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I actual bought it used from a forum member on here. I do not think they make them anymore.
What did you use for the canister? (sorry, haven't watched the video yet)
I know Safecraft will not refill the original canisters, but they seem to have a replacement that I found may work?

Jeff

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If safecraft won’t refill, can we get a fire extinguisher service company to do it?

IIRC, when I bought mine, the hazardous product shipping surcharge was more than the system itself.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
I didn't see mention of a knock sensor function. It that installed and enabled in the Motec? And as long as it's now DBW, is cruise control added?
Yes we have Motec with knock sensors that can monitor everything. Fail safes are also in place incase Motec sees something like low oil pressure or something else that could be potential damaging. It will automatically go to a safe or limp mode.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
What did you use for the canister? (sorry, haven't watched the video yet)
I know Safecraft will not refill the original canisters, but they seem to have a replacement that I found may work?

Jeff
You are correct Safecraft wouldn’t refill but we did just buy a new bottle from them. Not sure of the exact model but it was very similar and we just had to source fittings to make it all connect.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
If safecraft won’t refill, can we get a fire extinguisher service company to do it?

IIRC, when I bought mine, the hazardous product shipping surcharge was more than the system itself.
Tried several companies in the KC area.
They will not touch other people’s units
Seems like there was a secondary reason that escapes me at the moment

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
You are correct Safecraft wouldn’t refill but we did just buy a new bottle from them. Not sure of the exact model but it was very similar and we just had to source fittings to make it all connect.
Thanks
They did tell me of one that had a different angle at the fitting but seemed I could just rotate it in the bracket.
Will definitely dig in to that option a little further

Reactions: 2112 and steved57

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If I remember correctly, it was the shipping that was the big problem. FedEx and UPS won't take any canisters under pressure. They replaced mine under warranty due to a leaky valve. They are still in business. The racing stuff is in a Chicago suburb and the rest I think in CA or TX.

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
one of my favorite color options ...black and no stripes! And it has some serious linear power. congrats on an awesome build and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Bbhaynes

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Wow must be a beast how's the day to day drivability & any plans to run it somewhere ,i'm into the 1/2 mile Airstrip roll racing events through ShiftSector in my modified 911 turbo .At the last event last month there was a Nth Moto Viper cleaning up hitting 226 mph top speed .They have them in Indiana ,Texas & Kansas all coming up.

Reactions: 2112 and steved57

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Very nice video and wow but what an incredible build - love it

Reactions: Bbhaynes