Nra

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
As a proud member of the National Rifle Association, I want everyone to know the NRA is giving FREE 1-yr memberships to everyone who wants to join. Take advantage of NRA’s drive to increase membership and try it for a year.

Share the wealth and send this to your friends. The more, the better...

They are trying to build up their membership to fight pending legislation that impacts our right to keep and bear arms.

It is very important that anti-gun congressmen see how many people they will have to fight to get their legislation through.
To take advantage of this offer, visit:
https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

This can include spouses and children also.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Todd - have an NRA family membership, just renewed. Hopefully others will take advantage of this...

AJB

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Todd, I signed up. I've been mystified at the difficulty in finding ammunition lately in local retailers.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I have heard some bad rumors about ammo lately. Obamma Is not gun friendly:thumbsdow

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Can any of you with NRA or military connections confirm or deny this email that my father forwarded to me the other day? I haven't seen anything about this in the news, so I'm always suspicious.

---------------------------------------------------------

FYI

ALL ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS HEADS UP!!!!

Gentlemen,

I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell. I live off post, with my firearms(which I don't bring on post for any reason). A very frightening thing happened at work yesterday. I was ordered to fill out a list containing my firearm information. This included make, model, caliber, and serial number of all firearms I currently posses. In addition, I was also required to list registration information, location of all weapons individually, and information regarding any CCW permits I posses. If you are like me, then the people you work with know you have firearms. So I had to list at least some. I tried to talk to my 1sg (who is normally aproachable through proper channels) to find out what this is for, and I was basically told, "I don't give a !&@%, just put your info on the form." I don't know how high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on in other units at Fort Campbell as well. It just seems a little coincidental to me that within 90 days: the most anti-firearm President in history is inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are put on the table in Washington, and then the Army comes around wanting what amounts to a registration on all firearms, even if they are off post, and doesn't provide any reason or purpose as to why. I fear something really nasty is blowing in the wind here. I have been in almost 8 years, and never have any of my units asked for this information. If any of you out there have any info as to what all this crap is about please chime in. Otherwise consider yourself warned. I have already posted this on every other firearm forum I am a member of to get the word out.
Here it is folks.

3485972636_4660af6819_o.jpg

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
This was sent to me via a friend. It may have a bearing on the questions asked above regarding gun registration....

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this "little" piece of legislation would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

..It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Guns must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this..
http://www.opencong ress.org/ bill/111- h45/text

It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along.
FAILURE TO DO SO AT YOUR PERIL!
Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action".

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Remember the old Wyoming bumper sticker "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns".

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Soon we will not be allowed to have any guns. Plain and simple.
AJB

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Just do it.

Gentlemen,

I believe it's appropriate for all Americans who value our Constitution and the Bill of Rights to belong to the NRA. Over two years ago, back when Bony didn't own a single gun, he told me that he had joined the NRA because he believed in what they were doing. I've been an NRA member since I was a teenager and I am a NRA Benefactor today. This gun rights organization has their act together and has been one of the most effective lobbying organizations in United States for decades. Don't rely upon somebody else to protect and defend your second amendment right to keep and bear arms. Join the NRA!

Chip

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Gentlemen,

I believe it's appropriate for all Americans who value our Constitution and the Bill of Rights to belong to the NRA.

I've been an NRA member since I was a teenager and I am a NRA Benefactor today. This gun rights organization has their act together and has been one of the most effective lobbying organizations in United States for decades. Don't rely upon somebody else to protect and defend your second amendment right to keep and bear arms. Join the NRA!

Chip

+1 Joined as a life member under the "suggestion" of my first company Gunny. That was 24 years or so ago. I need to step up to the benefactor level ....

here is another website to keep you up to speed on the anti-gun crew in DC. http://gunowners.org/

between the two you've got all the angles covered as to the "real" news out of DC.

Join the NRA!!! TODAY!

Thanks Todd for posting the link and starting this tread.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Proud NRA member and AZ CCW permit holder. Figures I'd live in one of the two states that don't recognize any form of carry, the murder capital of the country is 45 minutes away. :ack

GT-350 KID

Jan 23, 2008
Denver, Colorado
Thanks for the link...signed up.

GBA

Twice Bitten GT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Ted Nugent interview with Texas Monthly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfrQ706N_Zk