Now that a bunch of people have pullleys has anyone experienced any major problems...

Will you be modding your GT with a pulley, tune, etc.?

• Total voters

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
Now that alot of people have pullied there cars and done other mods, has anyone experienced any problems with durability of the motor or drivetrain due to the modifications?

I am looking to do a pulley, tune, exhaust this next month and want to make sure that I shouldnt see any problems with this setup before I go ahead and do it. Any durability issues? I know my warranty goes out the door so Im just a little concerned. My car still only has 500 miles so I am not sure if I should get it up past 1000 miles before I go ahead with all the mods. Thanks ahead of time for any responses.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Heffner pulley for 91octaine and tune... done by THE GT GUYS. 100% satisfied and zero issues :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
clutch gone... might be related to the more power and permanent hard engagement under full load, but not sure. Some normal cars had issues without any mods. All rest is good, only back tyres basically gone after 2500miles, with the front ones being 'like new'.. Strange, might be a Goodyear problem! :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Pulley, tune for almost 2k miles. Got everything done right at 1,000 miles. I'm not garaunteeing nothing will go wrong, but you really have to f something up to screw up the motor with <650rwhp. The block will obviously hold way, way higher than that. I think alot more people have this work done on here than admit it.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
clutch gone... might be related to the more power and permanent hard engagement under full load, but not sure. Some normal cars had issues without any mods. All rest is good, only back tyres basically gone after 2500miles, with the front ones being 'like new'.. Strange, might be a Goodyear problem! :biggrin

Yes Stefan, my spies report you are most conservative driver and never have reached more than 3500 rpm in anyone gear. No doubt the rear tires and clutch are factory defects and should be replaced. I have Edsel's and Bill's private line and will first send them a case of Tito Vodka and then call in your behalf. Please wait by the phone for my expected call. :bs :bs :bs

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
SLF360 said:
All rest is good, only back tyres basically gone after 2500miles, with the front ones being 'like new'.. Strange, might be a Goodyear problem! :biggrin

LMAO!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
bony, what size is Heffner the pulley? Did you install the new nose piece as well?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Steve, Heffner pulley is 2.7" and Bony has the stock snout. I saw his parts sitting on the box when I was at the shop getting mine done...