sam

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/gt40/gt40_20041223_002.shtml

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Word on the street is that that was a press car put in the grass by a journalist. It could be :bs though. Either way, it's hard to imagine losing control of a car so forgiving unless you're really putting it on the ragged edge.

There was a Quicksilver car put into the dirt somewhere around metro detroit by a female engineer a year or two ago as well. Can't find the pic, but it filled the front splitter with a nice mix of sod like it was a sacked QB's helmet...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Its Ford Europes press car registration EU 04 CWV...
Don't know who drove it though...:rofl

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
I think Stephan said it was an Italian car magazine called "Quattroporte", or something similar?

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Vic said:
I think Stephan said it was an Italian car magazine called "Quattroporte", or something similar?

Not sure, but "Quattroporte" means "4 doors" :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I remember seeing that image last year sometime - so it's a very old shot.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Ya I remember that. It was the Robb Report.

Also saw the Silver one that was off roaded as well. Was that the same one you had in that old video DBK?

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
That car has been trashed once again...

I'm sitting here with the brand new issue of a danish car mag what has got Ford Europe's GT40 and a white GT on the cover.

In the article it says that the red press car he was supposed to use was crashed by a journalist, so instead Ford let this guy drive the white GT that is going to be kept in their museum...

Both the GT40 and the GT has got "1 FMC" plates.

V8 FGT

GT Owner
Oct 2, 2005
London
one of 101 said:
Both the GT40 and the GT has got "1 FMC" plates.

Hi 101,
Without seeming too pedantic the white/blue GT has "1 FMC" on it whilst the 1966 MK I GT40 in gulf livery is "FMC 1"
They also have a 1968 white/blue GT40 MK III, which I have been lucky enough to have been in a few times :biggrin reg number "DWC 8G"

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Journalistic pirouettes

The one posted here indeed was the Robb report, somewhere in US and just went off the street. The European car was virtually totalled by the journo from Quattroroute, name of the magazin, in the Ascari curve in Monza.. The problem of that one is that after full speed section there is a curve before that you need to get a lot on the curbs before you countersteer for the Ascari, and if you break out your trjectory is right into a wall... That's what happened there. Boys not all know how to drive like our Karl EnzoBTR I guess ! :biggrin

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
V8 FGT said:
Hi 101,
Without seeming too pedantic the white/blue GT has "1 FMC" on it whilst the 1966 MK I GT40 in gulf livery is "FMC 1"
They also have a 1968 white/blue GT40 MK III, which I have been lucky enough to have been in a few times :biggrin reg number "DWC 8G"

V8,
Well got me there didn't you... :ack
nytombiler.jpg

I thought that is was possible to have the same plate if one was black plates..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
USA vs DK

looks to me like 1 .. 0 USA vs DK.. :lol

'1 of one hundered plus 1' vs us 'four thousaaaaaannnnnnndddddds ...' keep up the battle, You are definitely a good & valuable member addition to the forum, mate ! :thumbsup, David (vs Goliaths) !

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
50 BMG said:
Also saw the Silver one that was off roaded as well. Was that the same one you had in that old video DBK?

It's possible. I always wondered after I saw that pic. It would have had to be after we had it though because there was no damage when it was here.

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
The silver car referred too above was indeed put in the grass around Detroit by a female engineer for Ford. I saw the same car (repaired) at the Wixom plant in September 05. It has actually been wrecked 3 times and now has 55,000 miles on the odometer. It sports Borla exhaust and no longer carries a vin number, it has been removed. It is used on the Wixom property to run back and forth to the paint shop. I might add that the engineers said even with the rough treatment it has had, it has not had any failures up to this point!

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
centerpunch said:
Uhh, like I said, it was the Robb Report magazine. See links above.

Well, there was more than one car wrecked by journalists. Yes, the red one was the Robb Report faux pas, and there was also one wrecked by "Quattroroute", the Italian car magazine. Please excuse me for confusing the two.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just spoke to the journalist who drove the two GT's for the above danish magazine and he told me a very funny story...

The red press car was wrecked by no other than Simon Hucknell who is the press officer at Noble...

So how did he end up in Fords press car???... well Autocar magazine had the use of the car for their Handling Day, where they compare different sportscars, and Simon Hucknell is a former journalist at Autocar, and he i supposed to have said: "Let me take it for a spin and see if it handles as good as a Noble"

Well I suppose it didn't handle all like Mr. Hucknell thought it would... :lol