Not a Good Sign.

H

HHGT

2007 GT500 with less than 6K miles sold on ebay for $37,900. Not to insult anyone, but I would venture to say that someone lost nearly $20K in a year. :willy:willy:willy

You need to be logged into ebay to see the results of the bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...0:1308&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ebayphotohosting

If they get down to the upper $20's I'll probably get one as a daily car.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sam, are your surprised, any one using the word collector and GT500 in the same sentence is mistaken... how many are they building?

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
And it's even signed !! Somebody stole that one! I don't need another one but I'd have paid that much and re-listed it. :banana

H

HHGT

sam, are your surprised, any one using the word collector and GT500 in the same sentence is mistaken... how many are they building?

Hey Daniel, I am just surprised. Two local dealers are still asking $5K over. Go figure... BTW, check you email.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Born under a bad sign...

....as Jack Bruce use to sing when he was playing bass guitar with Eric Clapton and Cream. It's actually a good sign for those of us who are buying a GT500. When the Ford GT came out and they were bringing $100,000 over MSRP I was one of countless enthusiasts watching FordGTprices.com month by month as prices steadily inched downward. After two years of hype and high prices, all of the buyers who wanted one more than I did and were willing to pay to get their Ford GT right now had one. That left buyers like me and I was able to buy mine for MSRP late in the production run. I have been waiting two years now and watching GT500 prices inch down just like the Ford GT prices did a couple years ago. Last month I ordered a brand-new 2009 GT500 for $41,000. :banana:banana:banana Good things come to those who are willing to wait.

Chip

Last edited:

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
And new z06's can be had for $16K under MSRP. It is a buyer's market right now. Hummm... do I have room for a Z06???

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
How about the GT500KR ? Would it be a mistake to pay over on this one right now ? -They're only making close to a 1,000 of them...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
How about the GT500KR ? Would it be a mistake to pay over on this one right now ? -They're only making close to a 1,000 of them...

It depends on your expectations. If you expect to sell the car for a profit, you will be disappointed. If you will enjoy the car today and don't mind paying the frieght, mkt price, is mkt price.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
The market is still good but,

They are now sitting on dealer lots all over the place. The prices will now soften as stock builds and cold and nasty weather starts to slow all sports car sales in the north. But, We are still seeing alot of interest in the cars from people.

IMO, That is a high price for an 07 with miles. But maybe it was a good color combo.

2010 Redesign is starting to draw attention. LA Auto show release.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
BOM , BOM ,BOM, I FELL FREE.......I FEEL FREE..... :willy Chip , Bony your right its a car enthusiast market thank god! THERE ARE TO MANY RARE ONLY 20,000 LIMITED PRODUCTION, MUSTANG , CHALLANGER, VETTE COMBO'S AS IT IS. tHE GT WILL BLOOM AS THE YEARS GO BUY WITH RUFFLY 2000 LEFT. Unlike all the other mass produced cars. See you in vegas my friends, Racer x and I have been doing so much feet rubbering and back massaging on our wives:biggrin that we cant wait to get out there and relax. ALONE :thumbsupGTJOEY 1314

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
They are now sitting on dealer lots all over the place. The prices will now soften as stock builds and cold and nasty weather starts to slow all sports car sales in the north. But, We are still seeing alot of interest in the cars from people.

IMO, That is a high price for an 07 with miles. But maybe it was a good color combo.

2010 Redesign is starting to draw attention. LA Auto show release.

Will they make a GT500 in 2010 with the redesign?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Will they make a GT500 in 2010 with the redesign?

1. I met some of the Romeo guys at Indy. At the time they said it was a 5 year plan 2007 to 2012.

2. I toured the Shelby Factory in June. They indicated that there was more product in the pipeline with newer technology powertrains coming.

3. All of this could be cancelled anytime

ROWNER8

Dec 10, 2007
all I know is what I saw at Roush for power train was an all aluminum version of the 5.4 that is slated for the 2010 Shelby. I'm guessing it's a wet sump similar version of the GT with a different S/C. with the current economy and fuel situation, it's hard to predict what will come to light in the near future.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
....as Jack Bruce use to sing when he was playing bass guitar with Eric Clapton and Cream. It's actually a good sign for those of us who are buying a GT500. When the Ford GT came out and they were bringing $100,000 over MSRP I was one of countless enthusiasts watching FordGTprices.com month by month as prices steadily inched downward. After two years of hype and high prices, all of the buyers who wanted one more than I did and were willing to pay to get their Ford GT right now had one. That left buyers like me and I was able to buy mine for MSRP late in the production run. I have been waiting two years now and watching GT500 prices inch down just like the Ford GT prices did a couple years ago. Last month I ordered a brand-new 2009 GT500 for $41,000. :banana:banana:banana Good things come to those who are willing to wait.

Chip

100% agreed! I never had to be first on the block unless I could flip it for a quick profit. PT Cruiser, Ply Prowler, Z06, Chev SSR, T-Bird ...... not exotics.....but same deal on price.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
BOM , BOM ,BOM, I FELL FREE.......I FEEL FREE..... :willy Chip , Bony your right its a car enthusiast market thank god! THERE ARE TO MANY RARE ONLY 20,000 LIMITED PRODUCTION, MUSTANG , CHALLANGER, VETTE COMBO'S AS IT IS. tHE GT WILL BLOOM AS THE YEARS GO BUY WITH RUFFLY 2000 LEFT. Unlike all the other mass produced cars. See you in vegas my friends, Racer x and I have been doing so much feet rubbering and back massaging on our wives:biggrin that we cant wait to get out there and relax. ALONE :thumbsupGTJOEY 1314

Each others wives I hope! :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Correction.

....Last month I ordered a brand-new 2009 GT500 for $41,000.

Chip

Gentlemen,

The price I quoted above is not correct. I ordered a brand-new 2009 GT500 for an agreed-upon price of $1000 below MSRP which is $42,685. Santa Margarita Ford just sent me a copy of their invoice and I forgot about the $1300 gas guzzler tax and $795 destination and delivery charge which takes the MSRP up to $44,780. So I paid $43,780. Still a great deal and the car should arrive in Santa Margarita this Friday. Last year Jim tells me they were still getting $20,000 over MSRP on every GT500 they could get in. I'm not real wild about the 2010 restyle of the GT500 and I love the looks of the current model. I was running out of time as production of 2009s is ending in December or early January. I got my order in just under the wire. My car is the next to last 2009 GT500 that Santa Margarita Ford will receive.

Chip

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Gentlemen,

The price I quoted above is not correct. I ordered a brand-new 2009 GT500 for an agreed-upon price of $1000 below MSRP which is $42,685. Santa Margarita Ford just sent me a copy of their invoice and I forgot about the $1300 gas guzzler tax and $795 destination and delivery charge which takes the MSRP up to $44,780. So I paid $43,780. Still a great deal and the car should arrive in Santa Margarita this Friday. Last year Jim tells me they were still getting $20,000 over MSRP on every GT500 they could get in. I'm not real wild about the 2010 restyle of the GT500 and I love the looks of the current model. I was running out of time as production of 2009s is ending in December or early January. I got my order in just under the wire. My car is the next to last 2009 GT500 that Santa Margarita Ford will receive.

Chip

chip you have too many cool fords, wait a minute there is no such a thing as too many cool fords, never mind carry on:thumbsup