NorCal GT Weekend

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
All Forum members are invited to participate in a GT Drive weekend in NorCal on January 28, 29 & 30. We plan on doing the PCH, Wine Country & Bay Area. Lorenzo is flying out West to pick up his car from Shadowman, after having the engine taken apart & put back back together (& other mods), so we want to celebrate by having some cool rides. NorCal has some of the best drives in the USA. We can't do Tahoe & the Sierra Mountains in the winter but the Valleys & Coast are fabulous year round. You are invited to do one day or all 3 days. We already have a few GT owners ready to go.

Ed

PS We'll also discuss our NorCal GT Drive for Rally V.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wow, sounds great Ed. Sign me up!

Black Ice

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
i'll be flying in from the Big island the night before and ready to roll! My brother may join us with the white car too.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great to have you join us Sandman - tan & all!

Ed

Green Beret

Green Beret
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
Danville,Calif
Where is the gathering place in Napa area. If the weather is good we will be there.
Green Beret

teej

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2010
West Los Angeles
Let me know if you do anything near the coast, I may be able to make it
TJ

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
One day will be on the PCH (coast) & another day will be in Napa so I'll put Green Beret & teej on my list.

Ed

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
I cant wait Ed, thanks for putting this together. I have always wanted to drive over the Golden Gate and what better car to do it in.
DSC09377.jpg

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I should be able to make some , if not all of the drives.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I should be able to make some , if not all of the drives.

Me too, provided that Ed comes, since I know Ed never drives his FGT in the rain, that is what his Raptor is for.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Ed
Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I lived a bit closer as would be great to join you, Clinton and the N.California gang.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wow, sounds great Ed. Sign me up!

Black Ice

This.

Wait, my car is in Texas and I think California PoPo would go bananas if they saw my car. It does sound great tho.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Fubar - we'd love to have you there!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Fubar - we'd love to have you there!

Ed

+1

The wrap may raise some eyebrows but be OK, but using your carry permit in CA would get you in a heap of trouble.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
+1
using your carry permit in CA would get you in a heap of trouble.

Are you allowed to carry at all? How about with a Utah permit which is supposed be good in nearly every state?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Are you allowed to carry at all? How about with a Utah permit which is supposed be good in nearly every state?

I believe CA respects only CA permits and no others. CCW in most CA counties are near impossible to get. It is up to the local chief or sheriff to decide who get one. The pol*tical sentiment in CA is only nut cases and criminals would want one.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The pol*tical sentiment in CA is only nut cases and criminals would want one.

Which is probably exactly the opposite of reality.

Wasn't there a recent Supreme Court Ruling that would help change things?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
No, not in CA.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hey, don't let the CCW concerns stop you from attending the event. We're only planning on going to safe spots & our official photographer, my friend Kelly, is a cop.

Ed

PS He is a real cop & not a CHP so don't worry about that!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks guys, it sounds like fun but I can't make it up there this time around. I would love to cruise the PCH in the GT. It would be a blast... perfect vacation IMHO. But really, a cruise anywhere with a group of GT Forum folks always equals good times.

Be safe.