Noobie: Looking for 05'-06' Red GT

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Hello everyone. I'm seriously interested in purchasing a Red GT with all options and have not had any luck finding one that was reasonably priced. Most dealers are still marking them way up. Does anyone have any leads on one close to MSRP or even remotely close to MSRP? Just talked to a dealer today that wouldn't entertain anything below $230K Absolutely ridiculous IMHO. Although stock is drying up and I know prices will probably start going up. Any help would be appreciated and hopefully I'll be able to join the fun soon. I currently have two Vipers and although I love'em, I'm just ready to move on. Thanks again!

Jeff

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hello everyone. I'm seriously interested in purchasing a Red GT with all options and have not had any luck finding one that was reasonably priced. Most dealers are still marking them way up. Does anyone have any leads on one close to MSRP or even remotely close to MSRP? Just talked to a dealer today that wouldn't entertain anything below $230K Absolutely ridiculous IMHO. Although stock is drying up and I know prices will probably start going up. Any help would be appreciated and hopefully I'll be able to join the fun soon. I currently have two Vipers and although I love'em, I'm just ready to move on. Thanks again!

Jeff

Click on "user CP" on the Forum's home page ... where it says "forum jump", click on the "down" arrow ... 'menu pops up ... scroll down to the end where it says "GT's for sale ...BINGO!

'Curious ...where is the dealer who wants $230K???????

Last edited:
M

Mark O

ferrari of new england has a nice never been titled 05 red with stripes with a few hundred miles. really nice car. Talk to Dennis he's the manager.617 559 0123.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Click on "user CP" on the Forum's home page ... where it says "forum jump", click on the "down" arrow ... 'menu pops up ... scroll down to the end where it says "GT's for sale ...BINGO!

'Curious ...where is the dealer who wants $230K???????
Thanks, already did that and there are no RED ones currently for sale there. Talked to the owner of Zimmerman Ford in St Charles, IL. and he won't sell for less than $230K. It's a red, all options 2005 with 10 miles. He says he's had it for a year and didn't want to sell but if the price is around $230K, he would do it. No thanks!
ferrari of new england has a nice never been titled 05 red with stripes with a few hundred miles. really nice car. Talk to Dennis he's the manager.617 559 0123.
Thanks for the heads up. I actually saw your reply in another thread and called them today. Talked with Jesse, nice guy, gave me any info that he had and more pics. My only concern is that it has 510 miles on it, never titled on MSO, original FORD dealer was Gentilini FORD in New Jersey who apparently couldn't sell it and had it for sale at a dealer auction where Ferrari of New England bought it. I asked about the 500 miles and how they were accrued but of course he wouldn't know. Also, the build date was 2/05. Can anyone tell me what build dates to avoid? What were the earliest build dates? Thanks for any advice.

M

Mark O

Thanks for the heads up. I actually saw your reply in another thread and called them today. Talked with Jesse, nice guy, gave me any info that he had and more pics. My only concern is that it has 510 miles on it, never titled on MSO, original FORD dealer was Gentilini FORD in New Jersey who apparently couldn't sell it and had it for sale at a dealer auction where Ferrari of New England bought it. I asked about the 500 miles and how they were accrued but of course he wouldn't know. Also, the build date was 2/05. Can anyone tell me what build dates to avoid? What were the earliest build dates? Thanks for any advice.

It's only 2 miles from my house. If you need pictures, I can take them.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
It's only 2 miles from my house. If you need pictures, I can take them.
Mark, that would be grately appreciated. I'll PM you. Thank you!

CSX 2104

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2006
Las Vegas
There a few new 2006s on ebay right now one with a buy it now price of 175,000 which is ridiculous but most dealers are always ready to listen to offers. All have white stripes I don't know if that is a deal breaker for you?

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
There a few new 2006s on ebay right now one with a buy it now price of 175,000 which is ridiculous but most dealers are always ready to listen to offers. All have white stripes I don't know if that is a deal breaker for you?
I would not pay $175,000. I would like to know what a realistic price would be for a new 05-06'. Has anyone bought one recently, specifically Red with all options?

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I just got home and went to talk to my neighbor, a fellow car enthusiast. I was planning on telling him the news about my new GT when he blurted out that both he and his partner bought matching Red and White Gts today. Got them both at sticker out of Houston. Delivered on Wednesday. WOW.

Bigs, that is 2 more coming to town. Damn I am glad I bought Yellow

We will have two of them living side by side

He has a New Red Z06 and red GTS so we will get some pics...

Had another fellow find another friend of mine a black and white GT at sticker too... still a few willing to deal.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I would also be nervous about buying a Dealership vehicle with 500 miles on it... everyone knows no matter what anyone says that it has been drove hard... just my 0.02$

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I would not pay $175,000. I would like to know what a realistic price would be for a new 05-06'. Has anyone bought one recently, specifically Red with all options?

I bought mine (red/white stripes/all options) for 173K tax, title, license - out the door on Nov 23, 2006. There is another 2006 red/white listed locally (to me) for 180K at Courtesy Ford in Poulsbo Washington.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
KMCBOSS, thanks for the info. Thanks to everyone for all the leads so far!