No window sticker?!

bonedoc

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2006
Wichita, KS
How many of you actually got your window sticker? I didn't because someone greedy took it. Is there any way to get a copy of it? I seems like they should be required to give it to you for the fuel consumption and other legal stuff.

427 Mitch

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 13, 2006
Stamford, Ct
Beginning on September 1, 1958, every automobile manufacturer was required to securely affix a label to the window of the vehicle, disclosing information concerning the vehicle and its price. Any manufacturer who failed to comply, could be levied a fine of not more than $1000 and/or imprisonment of not more than one year.

Mitch

SVTregistry

Jan 16, 2006
NYC
i don't think the manufacturer stole his sticker, lol

bonedoc

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2006
Wichita, KS
To make matters worse, my car came from a small town dealership and was sold to the big town dealership that I bought it from. So, where do you place the blame...on the original one or the one you purchased it from. Is there a way to have the manufacturer reprint it?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
i got mine... it's the law

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Replacement Sticker

Bonedoc- I was told by my Ford dealer that they can order a replacement Window Sticker. Good luck on getting yours.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
PL510*Jeff said:
Bonedoc- I was told by my Ford dealer that they can order a replacement Window Sticker. Good luck on getting yours.
This is what I've been told as well. I didn't get mine with the car and the dealer has said that a replacement (which is indistinguishable from the original and therefore is an original) is on order. I'll give it a few more weeks before I start to badger Ford. Botton line - I will get an original window sticker; it's totally FN ridiculous that it wasn't available in the first place. Obviously most everyone purchasing a GT recognizes the value of such memorabilia.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
ACRJoe said:
This is what I've been told as well. I didn't get mine with the car and the dealer has said that a replacement (which is indistinguishable from the original and therefore is an original) is on order. I'll give it a few more weeks before I start to badger Ford. Botton line - I will get an original window sticker; it's totally FN ridiculous that it wasn't available in the first place. Obviously most everyone purchasing a GT recognizes the value of such memorabilia.

Unfortunately not everyone selling a GT probably recognizes that. Just a piece of paper to them. I'm sure you'll be able to get one.

I requested that my dealer keep everything related to the car, and if in doubt, just keep it for me. We'll see what I actually get...

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
The window sticker (which Centerpunch indicated) is not affixed to the car. It is enclosed in the car.

The window sticker is arguably important when selling the car since it provides reasonable assurance as to how the car was delivered (options and lack thereof).

You have red calipers and want to paint them black or grey...it will not be reflected on the "window sticker" (hmmm, should be re-named "valuable sticker that is not on the window" or VSTINOTW..)

- doc

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The window sticker must come with the car, it is the law.

The SAAC registry should show how the car was equipped and trace ownership. Perhaps this forum's registry may survive, who knows, but for sure the SAAC registry will. They will be the historians of each car.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I purchased a new exotic a few years ago, and it did not have the "Monrone" sticker with it.
Bony is correct, IT IS A FEDERAL LAW that it is to be attached to every new vehicle.
I had the dealer order me a new one from the manufacturer.
Be sure you get it.
Contact the dealer you purchased the car from and have them get you sticker.
SEE ATTACHED

Attachments

• Monroney Sticker.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Window sticker

The dealer you purchased your Ford GT may not be the original ordering dealer of your GT. The original ordering is the dealer that can order you a new ( Maroney Sticker) window Sticker from Ford Motor Co. exactly like the one which was delivered to the ORIGINAL ORDERING DEALER. The federal law is strictly stated.