No Scratch/Mar Lug Nut Socket

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a no scratch or no mar lug nut socket that can be used on the GT? Source?

Thanks!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Check Griot's. I bought a set of sockets through their cataloge, but I think they have it on-line as well. Each socket has a teflon/nylon sleeve on the outside wall of the socket.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Check Griot's. I bought a set of sockets through their cataloge, but I think they have it on-line as well. Each socket has a teflon/nylon sleeve on the outside wall of the socket.

+1 :thumbsup with a qualification...

I purchased a set from Griots a couple years ago, though I do not see the set in either their catalog nor online currently.

I first saw an example of the protective socket when I watched the GT Guys do their thing during Rally II in Newport. I noted the manufacturer at the time. I think they are the same manufacturer that Griot's used. http://www.mytoolstore.com/astro/asthan16.html

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Send the GT Guys a PM where they got theirs from. It works great.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Send the GT Guys a PM where they got theirs from. It works great.

Hmmmmm. Just to be clear, I got the name 'Astro' off of the GT Guys sockets when they were working on my ride.

Frank, I assume you are suggesting that he should inquire as to where the GT Guys had purchased their Astro set.

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Discount tire NO

I called my buddy at Disc.tire here in Phx and states he does not carry special sockets for high end cars or lugs.
I want to get a set,,anyone who knows the size of socket that is needed??

Thanks

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
13/16

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I use the Griot's and like them.

IMG_0583.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Thanks to all that responded. Ordered a set and they are on their way.

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Bought today

I bought a set today, I figure the set will not get much use. I picked up a set from Harbor freight $27.00 for a set of 7 pieces..

Thanks guys for the lead