No regrets - the sequel

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I want to say wow !! but I'm getting use to these reports :bored !! You do not need to justify to us why she's gone !! I just hope you hang around to share your wit and humor !! I am surprised about the praise you had for the car! I was under the impression you never drove it !!.. :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Called it.

Stick around madman.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
Stick around Larry, it wouldn't be the same without ya!!!!:thumbsup

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Larry, sorry to hear this - almost like a death in the family! It does open the door for you to buy one of the fast GTs (RED one) - when you come to your senses! Ed

Last edited:

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
Well I guess your pockets ain't empty now, but your heart must be. Larry, you didn't drive it enough!!! Otherwise, you could never have let it go!! I'll send you pics of mine if you ever need a Midnight Blue fix. How few miles did it have anyway?

Disappointed but, good luck 06 #1118:confused

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Your killing me Larry! Tell me it ain't so. :confused

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Man it happens, I am being made offers for my chrome red GTX1 and you never know.....it could happen to anyone.

You'll be missed.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Pull the knife out... that didn't hurt a bit.

Partner, I feel your pain
everytime i look to the garage, i get a pain in my heart and for some reason my head bows down in remorse...........the soon to expire warranty with no decent mechanincs anyplace near here to service her, and lastly the possibility of no more parts from ford for her in the near future, i think we both made very sound decisions ??

Gentlemen,

There is one bright spot here. It could be found at the Barrett Jackson dinner I enjoyed last night with my fellow GT custodians. The car is only half the equation, the other half being the camaraderie and good fellowship of all GT owners. A most unique group. Bony spoke to me last night of the improbable confluence that the GT Forum has become, which will probably never be duplicated. Good friends are hard to come by Larry and you have many here. When your GT left your home for good, in spirit, many of us were standing by your open garage door with you, saddened by its departure. But we didn't leave with the car. Please stay in touch.

As to the expiring warranties, lack of parts, can't drive it often enough, etc., you sound like me when I'm trying to rationalize the storage and maintenance requirements of Veronica! Rationalizations are worthless here. None of them work. I stood in the parking lot last night at Don and Charlie's looking down a row of a dozen Ford GT's and whispered to myself, "Thank God I'm alive and here tonight to see this, and spend some time with this amazing group."

Lastly, when you can't take it anymore, post up and let us know what color you picked out. :biggrin

All the best,

Chip

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Larry, I don't know you personally, but I will miss your great comments on the Forum. Good luck and have fun!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Pockets, though you are initially saddened be her departure, ONE GREAT THING will come from this. That is, the 2nd GT will excite you MORE than the first:banana

Hope you stay around. Your participation is a must!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I hope Empty never leaves the forum. There will always be a need for people who know how to spell correctly.:thumbsup

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Larry,

Please stick around. As many have said the car is just a car. It is the different personalities that make this forum such a great place to spend endless minutes reading and typing away. Certainly no explanation for selling your car is needed. I look forward to reading another 3000 plus post from the not so Empty Pockets!

Manny

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Roll On Big Guy

Well, when I saw this, I must say I was taken back a bit.

Then I stopped and thought about it, and once again it comes back to the same old thing:

"All I'm gonna do, is just go on and do what I feel is right."
Jimi Hendrix

Larry, if you remember this is where our relationship started, and it is where I chose to leave it.

I have no idea what you are referring to as to the many reasons for your decision, and it really makes no matter; you have decided to do what “feels right” for you and that is what is important.

You have been an interesting contributor to say the least, and I, along with many others wish you the very best.

Please do keep in contact, and continue to contribute your insights and wit.

ROLL ON BIG GUY :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Understand the Empty will be running Hillary's local campaign and needed the space in the garage for yard signs... :) right? :)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hellooooo ,,, :rolleyes.... Larry.... are we going to hear from you again..?????. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Larry you could change your name from "Empty Pockets" to "Full Pockets" now???

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Larry you could change your name from "Empty Pockets" to "Full Pockets" now???

Actually "EMPTY GARAGE" would work a little better. :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Actually "EMPTY GARAGE" would work a little better. :lol

Good one !! .. There's that jive'n banana of yours...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Gentlemen:

I'm at a complete and total loss for words here, guys. Thank you all. 'Really appreciate it. Actually, I'm truely stunned truth be told.

I'd be very honored to "stick around" if none of you object. Being a part of this group has been a GREAT experience from "day one". I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish to continue it. One doesn't run into as good a group as this very often, that's for darn sure.

'Guess if our "big guy" says, "Stick around madman":)skep), that pretty much seals it? :shrug

Thanks, Dave. And thanks again to you all.

Very Humbled Pockets

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Gentlemen:

I'm at a complete and total loss for words here, guys. Thank you all. 'Really appreciate it. Actually, I'm truely stunned truth be told.

I'd be very honored to "stick around" if none of you object. Being a part of this group has been a GREAT experience from "day one". I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish to continue it. One doesn't run into as good a group as this very often, that's for darn sure.

'Guess if our "big guy" says, "Stick around madman":)skep), that pretty much seals it? :shrug

Thanks, Dave. And thanks again to you all.

Very Humbled Pockets

Lets face it, if you didn't stay there'd probably be a bunch of the guys that'd run out and drag you back! And while I agree with almost all of the comments made in this thread, the one you really need to get next time is black, no stripes!