No more GT500

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Car was stolen from my garage last week in a home burglary. I am thinking of replacing it with a 08' C6 Z06. I was wondering if anyone here has one? I wish I could afford a FGT but that is not going to happen unless I hit the lotto. :frown

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Sorry to hear that. :ack Have you been supplied any details about the how they did the dirty deed?

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Pretty easy once they found the key to the car. Just a matter of driving it off after that. I guess in the future I will take more precautions to prevent this type of thing. You know what they say about hindsight..........

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
A guy on the Team Shelby Forum also had his GT500 stolen in Arizona this month. His forum name was fastford.

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
A guy on the Team Shelby Forum also had his GT500 stolen in Arizona this month. His forum name was fastford.

That's me, don't want to start a rash of Shelby theft stories in Az. Still a great place to live. I guess when I buy a Z06 I will have to change my screen name to fastchevy?????

Jim H

Nov 27, 2006
Florida, Tampa Bay
How about: "Ex GT500 Chevy"

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Car was stolen from my garage last week in a home burglary. I am thinking of replacing it with a 08' C6 Z06. I was wondering if anyone here has one? I wish I could afford a FGT but that is not going to happen unless I hit the lotto. :frown

I have 2 Z06's and I love them, its the fastest stock car I have ever driven.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...You've never driven your GT then I take it????:eek

Shoot! Even I can say I drove mine!

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona

Thanks for the input. Believe me I would much rather buy a FGT but at 2x + what a Z06 costs it is not possible. Even if I sold my 69' CobraJet I would not have enough cash. My GT500 was a great car and a Ford to boot but in stock form it would not touch a Z. Even with my blue oval blinders on I can see that the Z06 is the performance bargain of all time. Even if it does have a pushrod motor in it..........

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Thanks for the input. Believe me I would much rather buy a FGT but at 2x + what a Z06 costs it is not possible. Even if I sold my 69' CobraJet I would not have enough cash. My GT500 was a great car and a Ford to boot but in stock form it would not touch a Z. Even with my blue oval blinders on I can see that the Z06 is the performance bargain of all time. Even if it does have a pushrod motor in it..........

You can't go wrong with the Z06 for the money, But the GT500 you just had gets alot more "Press" on the street than the Z. I have had both cars and the GT500 would be my choice between the two for a street car.

OilMaggott

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 19, 2005
I curently own and drive all three........for the $ the ZO6 is the best bet......not even close

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I watched my '06 Z06 come down the assembly line on 10/31/05. If you're getting a new one, I highly recommend ordering R8C museum delivery.

Like the FGT, these things really come alive with a tune. Add headers and an intake, and 500 rwhp is easy without touching the motor.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I curently own and drive all three........for the $ the ZO6 is the best bet......not even close

Not if your a Ford guy! Wouldn't be caught dead in a vett!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
A GT500 and $2000 gets you a freakin fast ford.

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
A GT500 and $2000 gets you a freakin fast ford.

Faster than stock yes, also no warranty. Unless you swap blowers the cars own weight is its enemy. Really did not like the idea of paying $45-50k for a car that needs engine and suspension mods to be fast. At this point I would like to have a bone stock car that is fast and has a full warranty. I am a lifelong blue oval lover but I am also a realist. If I still had my car I would keep it but since it is gone and I have the chance to do something different I am going to change horses...

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Faster than stock yes, also no warranty. Unless you swap blowers the cars own weight is its enemy. Really did not like the idea of paying $45-50k for a car that needs engine and suspension mods to be fast. At this point I would like to have a bone stock car that is fast and has a full warranty. I am a lifelong blue oval lover but I am also a realist. If I still had my car I would keep it but since it is gone and I have the chance to do something different I am going to change horses...

Yes, the car is a total pig. Even though it is a pig, mine is pretty fast now. I don't care about a warranty, so modding is not an issue for me. Yes, the Z06 is a much better choice if you are going to leave it stock. It is a great car out of the box.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Not if you consider depreciation...The true cost of ownership...