Nice UK article - well for me anyway!

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
http://www.driving.co.uk/features/fiat/500/4962

I didn't give the valuation BTW and to be honest it's not relevent to me as I'm not selling :)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Cool article. Does your car have a Sat Nav? It implies it does. Pics of your radio unit then? And I guess you just got a little more provenance for your car! :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's awesome! Clarkson's loss!

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
gtsatnav.jpg
:thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
^^ That's a sat nav unit?? I see that it is. Cool.

Last edited:

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
^^ That's a sat nav unit?? I see that it is. Cool.
Yup, some DIN sized Alpine thing Mr Clarkson had fitted. It sounds great with its high quality amp (forget who makes that) and some very nice speakers.

As a satnav though the technical term for it is sh1te :) I just use an iPad or iPhone with CoPolit software these days.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Very nice! I assume they got the security system sorted out before you bought it. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Very nice! I assume they got the security system sorted out before you bought it. Did you ever find out what the problem was?
The first 7 cars had over sensitive motion sensors. That was fixed in a week. All the other times it was because he couldn't remember to take the key card with him! Still, it made for good television, and that's his job after all.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow that's cool. I hope you drive it.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Wow that's cool. I hope you drive it.
I do, I've put about 15K miles on it on top of the 4,500 that Jeremy did. It's a popular car over here and I do a lot of charity events in it as well. When Ford sold it to me I think/hope that I was picked as they knew it'd get used, and I'm more than happy to do that :)