NFGT Owners. Sound off

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Well, I’m hopefully not far away from being an owner.

I’m curious — from those who have taken possession. Are you driving it? Are you driving it as much as your 05-06?

What are your likes? I doubt there are many dislikes.

Would you do it again? Perhaps rhetorical

Thanks for responses. Trying to stay focused during the wait. Terry

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
It appears my question was even geekier than I imagined.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
I'm quiet and very, very happy. My only question, what's to dislike?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Zero regrets, would absolutely do it again. Have not driven it yet, as we are in the northeast, and weather and roads have been crap since February delivery, hope to drive it next week. I'm sure Ill get over it, when its 90+, but only regret might be, not doing "comp".

I will always love the 05, I drove it twice this week. 3 pedals and a sound that is magic.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
let you know in 3 days.... :)

Attachments

• JH100057.jpg
    JH100057.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 317

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Terry - not a geeky question.... it is just that each of us who have taken delivery and driven this car could most likely ''write a BOOK'' on our actions and reactions to this car !
I just crested 975 miles on my ODO. Was driving today with a great group of Friends at the M1 Cars and Coffee here in Michigan. Bitter cold. My 'snowflake/cupcake' IP ICON was lit the whole time warning me of 'cold ambient and tire temps'.... wet , windy and nasty but I bet we had over 1000 cars of all makes including eight (8) new Ford GT's and several 2005-06 !! Thawing out now.

so two quick notes:
... I certainly would never look back.... this car is worth every $penny .. in 'smiles alone'....this car is ''Nasty and brilliant'' all at one time. It creates traffic jams.
...This car makes more weird and unexplained noises every time I drive it... some repeat , some never do . My 2006 Ford GT rides like a Continental in comparison.
andy (ajb)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
1280 Miles.

I still really enjoy driving my 2006 GT. And I absolutely LOVE the new one. It’s so bad ass and such a showstopper that I feel like a rock star every time I get behind the wheel. I got home yesterday from a buffalo hunt on the north rim of the Grand Canyon where I had no cell service, electricity, or contact with the outside world for 5 days. The first thing I did when I got home was shower and jump into the new GT and go for a drive. Nirvana.

Chip

Attachments

• 207D5F1E-BEE2-4304-9EA6-CC49C8B47F05.jpg
    207D5F1E-BEE2-4304-9EA6-CC49C8B47F05.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 253

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Excellent , Chip. Thanks

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
so two quick notes:
... I certainly would never look back.... this car is worth every $penny .. in 'smiles alone'....this car is ''Nasty and brilliant'' all at one time. It creates traffic jams.
...This car makes more weird and unexplained noises every time I drive it... some repeat , some never do . My 2006 Ford GT rides like a Continental in comparison.
andy (ajb)

Good Morning.

Can you please expand a little on these "noises" that appear and disappear.
Your information coud save me from unnecessary distress, when I will receive my car in a few weeks.

Have others than you, heard that phenomenon ? Do they have an explanation ?

Thank you in advance.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Good Morning.

Can you please expand a little on these "noises" that appear and disappear.
Your information coud save me from unnecessary distress, when I will receive my car in a few weeks.

Have others than you, heard that phenomenon ? Do they have an explanation ?

Thank you in advance.

Fans turn on and off, parking brake deploys automatically when the car is shut off, and who knows what else. There is a lot going on right behind you. It's all cool and I'm sure every wizz, click, buzz, and woosh has a reason but I don't know what they are. I think it's cool.

Chip

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I’ve had my car 3 weeks. No regrets. The car is very high tech with the above mentioned noises from fans, servos, etc. I’ve watched a million video reviews of the car and it is what I thought it would be from a quality, road feel, performance standpoint. Haven’t romped on it too hard since I’m not done with break in miles yet. Only learning curve is the steering wheel controls. Have to remember the turn signal buttons rather than a turn stalk. Also I’m used to the volume control buttons on the L of most car steering wheels, the FGT volume buttons are on the R. Minor stuff overall.
Also, I have a habit of steering with my left knee when I’m using 2 hands momentarily....like opening a coke can. You will flick the downshift paddle! Ask me how I know.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
One thing my wife notices when we pull up to a stop sign or light is the turbo spooling noise from the engine that sounds like an emergency vehicle approaching us from the rear, Ha. Lots of noises you won’t hear in an 05 or 06 GT. After a while you get use to it especially everything that travels under, around and neat your carbon fiber panels. Well maybe not use to them, but you realize what is happening underneath. Even the smallest pebble or rock coming off the wheels is very noticeable. Just part of the thrill and enjoyment of owning a Race Car For The Street unlike any other Car I’ve driven or ridden in! I am enjoying my New GT and it’s ride and drive way more than my 06. I will never use the radio because I love the New Sounds and the thrill of owning and driving such a WOW Car. I can’t wait for others to experience these things Owner characteristics.

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
One other thing. I think a windshield protection film is a must. I’ve already had a couple small pebble pings to the film on my windshield.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
My noises are different . ( I experienced all of what Chip and Tommy note above... even pulled over to the curb when the fans sounded like a Police car siren.!

BUT .. the RH side of the car had a loud cracking noise over small bumps near base of the a-pillar up to about 700 miles. It sounded like carbon fiber or carbon fiber bonding breaking or separating or cracking.
Then after one loud crack, it stopped at 700 + miles.
Now the completed IP cross beam seems to have 10 or 20 rattles inside the beam and under the Instrument Panel.
It sounds like a cross car wiring harness has all if the hard molded plastic connectors rattling around inside and hitting each other and the inner walls of the beam....
Not normal. not acceptable and I will work with the dealer to repair and advise.
andy (ajb)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Windshield protection is as important as the screen and wrap on the New GT. We took extra protection there also. Good point as I understand the Gorilla glass protection is in the inside layer of glass in the windshield.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
On wheel controls, I was used to the left, now a bunch of cars are right (BMW changed a few years ago that threw me for a loop). Im now so confused where what is, I usually just reach for the knobs now.

On the down shift, the good news is that the car wont let itself over rev on downshift.

Only learning curve is the steering wheel controls. Have to remember the turn signal buttons rather than a turn stalk. Also I’m used to the volume control buttons on the L of most car steering wheels, the FGT volume buttons are on the R. You will flick the downshift paddle!

Agreed, I got mine on before driving it even once.

One other thing. I think a windshield protection film is a must.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
So finally got to put some miles on this beast again this weekend. over 1500 kms now. Amazing car. Yes lots of noises that i am not used to. yes every piece of dust sounds like something is falling off from the undercarriage. The spooling or blow off of the turbos is very different. Sounds like a jet engine.
I do have one question on the spoiler and braking. When in the up position and braking does the spoiler tilt up every time or just at certain speeds. So far mine has not "braked" at all.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I do have one question on the spoiler and braking. When in the up position and braking does the spoiler tilt up every time or just at certain speeds. So far mine has not "braked" at all.

The air brake only works at high speed when braking hard.

Chip

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
ok thx Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006