Next video is up - The order call

Turn10 BigBoss

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 6, 2017
Seattle
Let me know what you think!

[video=youtube;cQ5b_XE4M04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5b_XE4M04&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Best

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great video.
Question: With the Dark Energy Upgraded Interior, is a black leather steering wheel available?
Thanks

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Always best to be sitting down when it comes to discussing options...

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Best information yet! It will be nice when the pricing of the options become public or maybe we will only know when order is placed. Personally I'm sold on the Dark energy with leather upgrade guardedly at any cost.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Cool! Enjoying the process! Anyone know if CF Rims are available as option on Heritage? With gold rims included as well.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Great video.
Question: With the Dark Energy Upgraded Interior, is a black leather steering wheel available?
Thanks

Yes, the leather steering wheel is available with the upgraded Dark Energy Interior.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
Ton of info, many thanks. Esspecially pleased with the info on the heritage graphic inside the door. I thought it was painted or a decal, but to hear it is actually integrated into the weave, just wow.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
JW. From what I hear the wheels are not interchangeable without changing the lugs. Not sure how hard that is to change out.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Info overload...choices to be made...so many detail trim cue's...

Fun times. Very nice video!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Thanks for posting. Video just reaffirms my decision! Cheers!

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
JW. From what I hear the wheels are not interchangeable without changing the lugs. Not sure how hard that is to change out.

In the video she clearly says that you can interchange the wheels. You only have to specify carbon wheels so you get the longer studs on the hub. To be able to mount aluminium wheels you need to have open top nuts so the studs protrude a little. Not pretty but good enough for track days. Open nuts are widely available, I only would recommend dustcaps over them. I once had dirt in the thread of the stud while undoing, the nut jammed and it took me half a day to get the wheel off without damaging it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The lugs we have now are open ended, just covered with a stainless cap on them. Derry's nuts are works of art.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
The lugs we have now are open ended, just covered with a stainless cap on them. Derry's nuts are works of art.

We knew you'd focus on Derry's nuts Frank.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What about American Racing colors. White/blue stripe, chrome wheels, light Speed interior? That's my order and done deal!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Stay clear of the heritage edition, it totally sucks! (Hee hee)

You too AJ!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
some one is going to have to make a longer set of closed end lug nuts for doing this.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think open-ended lug nuts on exposed studs are cool as heck. Just make sure you clean the threads before removing the lug nut.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Good and helpful video. No change in my planed order unless the Dark Energy upgrade is way cheaper than the others offered. I have always ran open lug nuts with my track wheels, hard to see at 150+ MPH LOL.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Cool! Enjoying the process! Anyone know if CF Rims are available as option on Heritage? With gold rims included as well.

Don't think my question was clear earlier- sorry. Let's try this again: 1) When checking the box for the 2017 Heritage Series, is it possible to add optional CF rims? 2) Would the correct lugs for CF rims be installed in hubs during factory build process? 3) Would the standard gold colored rims that are part of Heritage Series package be delivered with GT as well as CF rims? Asking for a friend..............LOL! Thanks!

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Don't think my question was clear earlier- sorry. Let's try this again: 1) When checking the box for the 2017 Heritage Series, is it possible to add optional CF rims? 2) Would the correct lugs for CF rims be installed in hubs during factory build process? 3) Would the standard gold colored rims that are part of Heritage Series package be delivered with GT as well as CF rims? Asking for a friend..............LOL! Thanks!

DBK answered this in a different thread. He said:

"The Heritage car comes equipped with air conditioner and radio, and the CF wheels are not available for it. You cannot delete the air con or radio from the Heritage car."

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...Specs-are-here?p=438045&viewfull=1#post438045