Next FIRE on its way ??

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
I didn´t post it in this Forum, but some of you know that my GT catch fire Jan 2006. It was caused by the european version of the exhaust. The repair took 8 weeks because
in Europe no one feels really responsible for this car and
the communication between all these companies is really bad. A handcrafted exhaust-system has been installed and since this time they are inventing and testing a new exhaust for the european GTs. By chance I heard that a GT has been crashed in may 06 on the Nuerburgring during testing.
By now there is no information available when the new exhaust will be availabe.
Today I found out that the exhaust must again have been
extremely hot(pictures) and I fear the worst.
Has anything comparable happened to the US-version?

Attachments

• CIMG7443a.JPG
    CIMG7443a.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 170
  • CIMG7445a.JPG
    CIMG7445a.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 160
  • CIMG7444a.JPG
    CIMG7444a.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 228

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Ouch!

Sorry to see that damage - do you have the same heat deflector as the US cars?

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
Neilda said:
Ouch!

Sorry to see that damage - do you have the same heat deflector as the US cars?
I don't see any deflector(s)- do you? - where are they normally installed in the american GTs?

Attachments

• CIMG7532a.JPG
    CIMG7532a.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 218

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Do you have emissions testing in Europe?
If I were you I would replace the cats with cat delete pipes (very significant reduction in engine compartment temps), and then replace the muffler with straight pipes. It would be a night and day difference and should eliminate this from happening again.

What octane fuel are you running in the car?
Have you had it thoroughly checked out to make that all engine diagnostics are functioning properly?

Hope this helps.

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
lthlvpr said:
Do you have emissions testing in Europe?
If I were you I would replace the cats with cat delete pipes (very significant reduction in engine compartment temps), and then replace the muffler with straight pipes. It would be a night and day difference and should eliminate this from happening again.

What octane fuel are you running in the car?
Have you had it thoroughly checked out to make that all engine diagnostics are functioning properly?

Hope this helps.

You can´t do this in Germany without loosing registration,insurance and warranty (1.fire / damage was about 40.000 US $ and had of course been payed by Ford)

Normally I use 95 . 5000mi Inspection has been done (now
near 6000mi)
I´m wondering how Ford will react tomorrow!!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey Herr 19
You need something like this: http://www.essexparts.com/CatalogPDF/Essex_86-87~Exhaust_Thermal.pdf

PS: You are an animal on the autobahn..:)