Newest purchase - w/ picture

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I need to explain this prior to you seeing the picture... I have this fond memory of when my father used to drive our old Generation 1 GTI when I was a kid... he used to flat shift from first to second and I'd ask him to stop the car & do it again - over & over again... it was a blast when I was a youngster. Nevertheless I looked for the past 8 years to find a good representation of a stock Gen 1 VW GTI, I wanted to surprise him with one and unfortunately he passed away 5 years ago so I was never able to pull it off. My friend remembered that I was looking for a black GTI and shot me an email with pics of the car - needless to say I purchased it without hesitation.

Not a GT, but a GTI :wink - amazing how being a car guy you get excited about each car you purchase. Life is good!

Here's a quick pic:

gti1.jpg

Cheers,

Lance

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Kewl car and with gas prices on the rise a great driver. Congrats!:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Memories .... time shared with your father only magnified by a car. Enjoy the ride .... and laughing each time you share the same experience with someone else.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
my first car was a 84 Rabbit. Even thought it was a lemon I still like the model. the one above looks very much like the one I had.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I had an uncle that had a Scirocco (no idea if I spelled that right :lol ) when I was a kid that was a darn fun car. Congrats on the new purchase. :cheers

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
That Rabbit looks like it is in great shape! Enjoy.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I'm a stickler on the shape of a vehicle, I've been surrounded by them my entire life. Now I'm probably too anal about 'em but this car is incredible - it blows me away how nice it is considering it has 77k miles on the clock. When I first saw the car I knew it was going to be mine. Funny how the little things in life bring such a large joy!

Cheers,

Lance

PS Thanks to all for the kind comments - life is good!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Gorgeous! The GTI is the original Hot Hatch and a classic.

My parents had a '79 Rabbit in Diamond Silver, with black interior.

A neighbor had an Alpine white '80 Scirocco S; and a matching Porsche 911 Turbo.

I am in search of a mint Mars Red Scirocco S like the one below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1981-Volkswagen...0?hash=item2300fd9c3f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Gorgeous! The GTI is the original Hot Hatch and a classic.

My parents had a '79 Rabbit in Diamond Silver, with black interior.

A neighbor had an Alpine white '80 Scirocco S; and a matching Porsche 911 Turbo.

I am in search of a mint Mars Red Scirocco S like the one below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1981-Volkswagen...0?hash=item2300fd9c3f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Kayvan-

My buddy found this car for me on a pretty cool VW website - VWVortex.com classifieds area: click me. I'd recommend checking that site out periodically. I know the old Sirocco's are hot... I smile each time I drive this GTI - it amazes me how many people love it. Heck, I've had people taking pictures of this car already and I've only owned it for a very short period of time.

Good luck with your search! Mine took me 8 years to find the "right car" - scary!?! LOL - I thought it would be easy to find one but kids end up modifying the cars and really abuse the heck out of 'em. I was thankful to finally find the perfect one for me... I'd love for it to have less miles, but the overall condition shows like a 20k mile car - somebody really cared for it. It even came with the paperwork - original window sticker & etc. Okay, now I'm sounding like a crazy car guy - oh... I am! :lol

Cheers,

Lance

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Great car and lovely memories....

I had one of those when they came out - massively quick, it seemed then. A lot of fun.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Great car and lovely memories....

I had one of those when they came out - massively quick, it seemed then. A lot of fun.

LOL - rest assured if you jumped into the GTI you would be wondering when the power would kick in... she's not the quickest ride, but it's a fun ride especially because of the memories - LIFE IS GOOD!

Cheers,

Lance

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
Kayvan-

My buddy found this car for me on a pretty cool VW website - VWVortex.com classifieds area: click me. I'd recommend checking that site out periodically.

That's pretty cool. I visit that site just about daily. You even got the original window sticker? That's is great...I don't think it makes you crazy at all (shows someone cared)! Maybe I need to start watching the classifieds over there.