Newbie saying hello

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Hello everyone, finally pulled the trigger on a lightly modded 2006 car after being on the fence for more than 3 years. :eek

It has whipple (3.4L I think, how do you guys tell?), penske coilovers, cooltech transaxle cooler, FRPP exhaust and a set of 20" HRE with PS2 shoes.

Also glad it came with every take-off stock parts including the wheels and tires.

Took delivery on Tuesday and have been busy driving (already put 300 mi :eek) and learning.

So far I'm very impressed with it. Took her out to my favorite canyon road in OC and she felt great.

Still gotta lot to learn but I love it being simple and straightforward. Also have none of the non-sense stuff they have on modern sports cars.

Last 6 speed I drove was a few years back and I thought I was done with manual trans but oh boy, am I glad to row gears again. :biggrin

Albeit the whipple, it passed CA smog without any issues with help of a fellow forum member referring me to the right place.

He even offered moral support by coming to the smog place. Again, big thanks Sam :thumbsup

I'm a sucker for big powered cars but I think I want to enjoy the SC set up for a while until I have an urge for TT.

Like many of us, I have mod bugs and I've been ordering parts even before I bought the car. :lol

Here is a list of what I've ordered so far...

* Exoticare 3rd Gen Keys
* Exoticare hot buttons
* A set of Bridgestones (255/40-18; 345/35-19) for stock wheels
* Redesigned wiper set from a forum member
* Kipewing double DIN audio
* and some billet parts

Also, planning on getting the car dyno tune and bumper delete kit from Kendall.

Only have some crappy iphone pictures of her next to my friend's 458.

I will update the thread with new pictures once she goes through full detail next week.

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Welcome!

Don't pass up on the Exoticare shifter boot and bezel and grab a short throw shifter before they are gone!

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Welcome!

Don't pass up on the Exoticare shifter boot and bezel and grab a short throw shifter before they are gone!

I wanted shifter boot and bezel but it shows they are sold out. :frown

Someone who saw the pics of the car told me I already have a short throw shifter.

And I'm not sure if I do or not. I guess I'll find out this Sunday when I meet bunch of FGT owners and join So. Cal group drive.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes, definitely get on the boot/bezel wait list so I can get mine sooner!!!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Yes, welcome Greg. It's fun stuff and it just gets funner. :thumbsup

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Greg, really looking forward to meeting you this Sunday and seeing your GT!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I wanted shifter boot and bezel but it shows they are sold out. :frown

Someone who saw the pics of the car told me I already have a short throw shifter.

And I'm not sure if I do or not. I guess I'll find out this Sunday when I meet bunch of FGT owners and join So. Cal group drive.

Congrats and Welcome. I have a new Exoticare shifter boot set up if you want it. PM me. Enjoy !!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
The 458 looks like a bloated PIG next to the GT!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats again, Greg! So jealous! That Jay's 458?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Greg! Congrats as well!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Awesome GT! Looks great. Congrats!

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Thanks everyone for warm welcome.
Looking forward to having a great Ford GT ownership experience.

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Congrats again, Greg! So jealous! That Jay's 458?
Hey Ed, that's Jay's 458 and he had a real good view of tail light of GT the other night

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
It has whipple (3.4L I think, how do you guys tell?), penske coilovers, cooltech transaxle cooler, FRPP exhaust and a set of 20" HRE with PS2 shoes.

You can tell what size Whipple you have by counting the number of ribs on the main housing. The 4.0L has 14 ribs.

Congrats, the car looks great.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats Greg-TT! Cool car. I hope to meet you someday.

Special Ed

PS I think the 458 needs to be lowered? It sure is tall compared to the GT!

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Congrats and welcome. It only gets better from here! You're wise to get used to the car and the way it lays down power. Super fun, super smooth, can come on in a hurry. Excellent photos showing the Italia. Hard to believe, but it looks wider than the GT! Have fun.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
It was great running with you going up the hill to Big Bear, I have some video, I think we drag raced for a bit:). I will edit and post the video I have from behind you today when I get a chance. Great car.... I think it's about 6 minutes worth...

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats Greg and it was great meeting you on Sunday. All the best to you and yours.

Vince H

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Greg, Here's about 6 minutes of video of your Car up the Hill to Big Bear. Sorry for the close pass, she was in 3rd gear and wanted to go!!!!! Just realized, I pulled up behind you at the 3:20 mark. There were 3 Red Gt's in a Row, Sam is in front of you. Not sure if that was Ralphie or not in the first 3:20....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyjPf0jDRE

Last edited: