Newbie looking to buy, would appreciate some input

silversurfer

GT Owner
Jun 14, 2008
Hey guys, glad I found you. It seemed only a matter of time before I had an FGT in the garage. Have a few high HP toys and absolutely fell in love when i drove a stock GT about two years ago.

Fast forward to now, a friend of mine has a car for sale that is already modded (I'm a modded kind of guy) and I was curious to know your thoughts on it. I've done some searching around the site before I registered and come to understand that people aren't too fond of the KB products (and/or support) so that may be one strike against the car.

I'd be in well under the advertised price of the car but I guess I'm wondering if I'd be better off buying an unmolested one and modding to my liking. The only thing I might change on this car is trying to change the polished components out to black powdercoat, I see that Whipple makes a black supercharger for Mustangs, do they make one for the GT?

Thanks for any words of advice guys, and again..glad to be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That looks pretty sweet. You know the owner, the car looks great, and it has the mods you want....sounds like you need to write a check. :thumbsup

A couple guys already have the black whipple on their rides.

BTW - I see you are a Marvel comics fan too!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Hey guys, glad I found you. It seemed only a matter of time before I had an FGT in the garage. Have a few high HP toys and absolutely fell in love when i drove a stock GT about two years ago.

Fast forward to now, a friend of mine has a car for sale that is already modded (I'm a modded kind of guy) and I was curious to know your thoughts on it. I've done some searching around the site before I registered and come to understand that people aren't too fond of the KB products (and/or support) so that may be one strike against the car.

I'd be in well under the advertised price of the car but I guess I'm wondering if I'd be better off buying an unmolested one and modding to my liking. The only thing I might change on this car is trying to change the polished components out to black powdercoat, I see that Whipple makes a black supercharger for Mustangs, do they make one for the GT?

Thanks for any words of advice guys, and again..glad to be here.

Glad you got your account working. As I said when we talked today, if you like the mods, buy it. Will save you money....

By the way, when its time to sell that Carrera GT I see in your sig, CALL ME! :wink

Last edited by a moderator:

silversurfer

GT Owner
Jun 14, 2008
don't know the owner....know the seller. But the owner did keep good receipts. So that's worth something.

Thanks Shelby, site needed to change the verification process in order for me to get on but I'm here! I really appreciate the help. Now that I've got the straight pipes on the CGT, I don't imagine selling anytime soon...I'm a buy and hold kinda guy:biggrin. But I'll be sure to let you know.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
don't know the owner....know the seller. But the owner did keep good receipts. So that's worth something.

Thanks Shelby, site needed to change the verification process in order for me to get on but I'm here! I really appreciate the help. Now that I've got the straight pipes on the CGT, I don't imagine selling anytime soon...I'm a buy and hold kinda guy:biggrin. But I'll be sure to let you know.

Did you find out if the car had the ENTIRE Blower or just the snout....?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Straight through pipes on a CGT?

I'd like to hear that! :biggrin

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I think its snout only Shelby.

silversurfer

GT Owner
Jun 14, 2008
Did you find out if the car had the ENTIRE Blower or just the snout....?

It is snout only, you were right. Snout, TB, Xpipe, exhaust, transcooler, lots of a/v stuff.

What am I looking at for a Black Whipple Blower plus tune?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I don't believe KB currently MAKES a blower that fits the GT, do they?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It is snout only, you were right. Snout, TB, Xpipe, exhaust, transcooler, lots of a/v stuff.

$10K give or take...

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

That Depends on who does it for you but there are several great guys here on the forum (Shadowman, Torrie, and Jason just to name a few) that can set you up.