Newbie here for advice on GT purchase.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hello all, been reading on the forum for @ 3 months and doing research and the time has come to pull the trigger. With the help of GTDrummer and Shelby Im putting an offer in on a car near south carolina tmrw. The one im interested in is a low mileage white 05 with all the options. The only catch is that the car has a ford cat back exhaust on it for a louder tone. And the original comes with the car as well. Is this something that I should be worried about as a modification and does anyone have one of these. Thanks Dr V

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Enjoy the exhaust. If you got a stock exhaust, you'd probably change it anyway. The fact that it is coming with the stock one gives you an option.
Make sure you get a thorough PPI.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hello all, been reading on the forum for @ 3 months and doing research and the time has come to pull the trigger. With the help of GTDrummer and Shelby Im putting an offer in on a car near south carolina tmrw. The one im interested in is a low mileage white 05 with all the options. The only catch is that the car has a ford cat back exhaust on it for a louder tone. And the original comes with the car as well. Is this something that I should be worried about as a modification and does anyone have one of these. Thanks Dr V

A number of us run this cat back muffler. It is supplied by Ford Racing. Nothing to worry about. With the stock muffler in hand you have the best of both worlds. My advice is to keep the stocker in the closet and enjoy the extra rumble!

However, if you decide you don't want the louder muffler you should have no problem selling it.

Enjoy your new GT.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Doctr V, have we talked? I don't remember talking about this.....
Anyway, I agree with the other comments made on here.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Doctr V, have we talked? I don't remember talking about this.....
Anyway, I agree with the other comments made on here.

Yep, a few times. I sent you the email on monday about the red one and the white one. You said buy the white, the red one was way overpriced. I love both colors.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
you will be very happy with either one! good luck.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Yep, a few times. I sent you the email on monday about the red one and the white one. You said buy the white, the red one was way overpriced. I love both colors.

Got ya! Did not put two and two together. :thumbsup

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Good luck with your purchase.....and let's hope no one on the Forum gets us mixed up... ;-)

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Stock is too quite, I think cat back is really too loud (guess I'm getting old).
But it's not a problem for the car or engine.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Blue is the fastest color.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Blue is the fastest color.":thumbsup

Ditto that, and even faster with no stripe!:rofl

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
My quest continues, I have called a day late on 3 different cars this week... The one with the exhaust sat for 3 months and then goes the day I started this thread to ask if the exhaust will hurt the car. What the heck?? These things are on the move........... But im going to have one!!!!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have a 900 mile white GT on MSO that will be here tomorrow! ;)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My quest continues, I have called a day late on 3 different cars this week... The one with the exhaust sat for 3 months and then goes the day I started this thread to ask if the exhaust will hurt the car. What the heck?? These things are on the move........... But im going to have one!!!!

Spring time is when the demand should pick up. Winter is the best for buyers.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Call one of our friendly forum sponsors, and you'll likely get a more trouble free car with less risk of hidden 'surprises' (the bad kind) than going it on your own. You could be driving in 2 days ! You won't regret it.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
DRV....Come on down to Central PA> Feel free to Look mine over & Drive home....

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
DRV....Come on down to Central PA> Feel free to Look mine over & Drive home....

Thank you, I would love to ASAP but I cant get near the money that you said you already turned down last week in another email that you sent me through ebay.. No sense in beating around the bush. Your car is probly worth it but a bit more than I wanna spend.