tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
torrrie where are you?

Working behind a couple of computers :secret:

Apr 24, 2006
Appreciate the link. I was told that Hoosiers will pickup quite a bit of road debris that eventually will start eroding your paint. Can you comment?

Thanks

Yes, I put the 3M clear bra material on the lower panels both front and rear. No problems so far. In fact, I would recommend this even without these tires simply for the reason they are so exposed to any tire and road debris.

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Thats pretty low, do you have Accufab TB, inlet support and exhaust mods? 19psi should make 725rwhp+ almost always, even if it's 90deg F outside. What spark plugs, I've been using the NGK TR7 IX, gapped to .022". Did you drain some coolant out of the IC system? Install redline water wetter? Did you measure boost mechanically to verify it in fact has 19psi?

Thanks,
Dustin

Dustin, Timing for 91 Octane was 19deg which is conservative but he was having intercooler problems (over 200deg Downstream) the original day they were dynoing it and I didnt add anymore.

There is no doubt it will make 725 with a little timing...

Tony G

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Did not modify the IC system in any way except to replace a dead IC pump. The install included Accufab T/B, support tube, NGK plugs, MAFia, and Heffner exhaust. SCT tune was a canned street tune. The GT Guys did the install. We did not actually measure the boost.

725 was my expectation also. I'm not sure why it didn't reach that number. I ran a 2nd dyno a few minutes later and it was identical within 1 hp so the IC system seemed to be working properly.

Email me and I will send you the file for a few dyno pulls!! LOL

TonY G

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Dustin, Timing for 91 Octane was 19deg which is conservative but he was having intercooler problems (over 200deg Downstream) the original day they were dynoing it and I didnt add anymore.

There is no doubt it will make 725 with a little timing...

Tony G

Tony, was that 19 degrees the actually timing datalogged at peak HP RPMs, or the maximum timing set in the borderline knock table?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Bkt

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Just got quoted $3,000 to switch from the "Old Whipple" to the New Whipple"... Plus shipping & installation.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Just got quoted $3,000 to switch from the "Old Whipple" to the New Whipple"... Plus shipping & installation.

The price is not too bad, but what do you expect to gain?

Is new improved Tide better than the old version?
Was new Coke better?
How about the new services levels of the airlines?

I am not saying that the new Whipple isn't better, it probably is. However I have seem more dyno charts showing the new and old about the same than the 2 I saw that were better. One by Dustin and another showing higher HP at lower boost levels. But without a back to back comparison on the same car and dyno under the same conditions, comparisons can lead to false conclusions. That said I would rather have the new version than the old ver 1 that I have on my GT now, but IMHO the small differences I expect to see in performance aren't worth the time it would take me to swap it out. Other peoples opinions may vary.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Tuning on mine was completed on Friday. It's a gen 2 (well I hope it is- Jack was meant to supply a gen 2!).

Give me a day or so and I'll be back with full results off a Mainline dyno. The torque #s are really good, like 508ftlbs @3800rpm. But the HP are not impressive at all. A very familiar scenario to my '03 KB'd '03 Cobra on a different mainline dyno last year. Anyway, I'll get the chart and post back shortly.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

Was new Coke better?

I am not saying that the new Whipple isn't better, it probably is. However I have seem more dyno charts showing the new and old about the same than the 2 I saw that were better. One by Dustin and another showing higher HP at lower boost levels. But without a back to back comparison on the same car and dyno under the same conditions, comparisons can lead to false conclusions. That said I would rather have the new version than the old ver 1 that I have on my GT now, but IMHO the small differences I expect to see in performance aren't worth the time it would take me to swap it out. Other peoples opinions may vary.

I guess I have more money than sense, so in the next couple weeks I'm going to find out exactly what the difference is between Whipple I and Whipple II. Will be doing dyno and road testing comparisons. We just have to wait for my door to come back from Saleen (Gurney bubble).

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I guess I have more money than sense, so in the next couple weeks I'm going to find out exactly what the difference is between Whipple I and Whipple II. Will be doing dyno and road testing comparisons. We just have to wait for my door to come back from Saleen (Gurney bubble).

I look forward to your impressions of the change and the results. It would be great if you could post datalogs of the timing, boost, air inlet temp. 2, along with the HP, torque and RPM, A/F number.

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005

Was new Coke better?

Gen2 is better, no question. But I can't honestly say everybody should take there Gen1 off and replace it with a gen 2. Were talking an average of 7% flow increase at the same power consumption, therefore you can bring the speed down of the compressor and have lower temps, lower power consumption, but were not talking 50hp. The biggest difference will actually be the seat of the pants drive-ability. The Gen2 has a significantly quicker boost response, and therefore has a noticable difference when driving. Especially at lower rpms.

Thanks

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
The Gen2 has a significantly quicker boost response, and therefore has a noticable difference when driving. Especially at lower rpms.

No doubt...when I step on the gas...the boost gauge is flying clockwise instantaneously. I didn't have a Gen I for comparison, but boost seems to build much faster than stock, for sure.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
The biggest difference will actually be the seat of the pants drive-ability. The Gen2 has a significantly quicker boost response, and therefore has a noticable difference when driving. Especially at lower rpms.

Thanks

That's bascically why I am spending the money to move up. Many people here have been complaining about having to lower their revs to keep the temperature down, and I have experienced the same problem. It sounds like the the Gen2 Whipple will help this issue.

Last edited:

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Ok here we go....

Now, as I did intimate, the figures make me wonder re RWHP- just as with the result on the same brand of dyno with my '03 Cobra... I dunno though, without a baseline of another Mainline Dyno of a GT, I can't properly comment. Car has only 350 or miles on the clock still, so it's not exactly worn in, but that should be 20-30hp perhaps not this kind of HP margin.

Just to state correctly, my car has :

Whipple 3.4 running @ 19lb
SCT x-cal 2 based tune, customised locally with SCT PRP package
FRP headers
Accufab T/B w/ Bellow
Diablosport MAFia
NGK Spark Plugs
equivalent to 93 MON US fuel - 98RON local + 100RON (equiv 95MON)

gt40il4.jpg

Last edited: