New Trailer for Hauling GT w Photos

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice trailer Chris!! Does this mean I'm out of a job? hahahaha!! j/k!

NO WAY Gary! The trailer will mostly be used for local (Florida) track days. Anything over a days drive is still yours!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chris,
Great trailer! Awsone car. Do you have any self-control? Where did you buy the blue car? Hope to see it in person some day! I'll have to fill you in on my newest acqusition since we saw you in Vegas. I'll post some pics on the site when I'm ready, but it's still a secret for now. Enjoy the "bird bird".

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
....... I'll have to fill you in on my newest acqusition since we saw you in Vegas. I'll post some pics on the site when I'm ready, but it's still a secret for now. Enjoy the "bird bird".
Come On Tim - GIVE!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris,
Great trailer! Awsone car. Do you have any self-control? Where did you buy the blue car? Hope to see it in person some day! I'll have to fill you in on my newest acqusition since we saw you in Vegas. I'll post some pics on the site when I'm ready, but it's still a secret for now. Enjoy the "bird bird".

I have no self control what-so-ever. You remember me lusting over Bart's car in Las Vegas. I couldn't stand it, so I acted before it was too late. Given the results of my search (with DBK's help) I would guess by the end of the month there will be no new Midnight Blues left.

As for where I bought it...did you look at the photos??:wink Huge sign in the background "Galloway Ford" in Ft. Myers, Florida.

You have got to give us a hint on your latest! No fair teasing like that :willy

Aug 4, 2006
nice purchase chris, now you can hit the road with the rest of us PBMC track dawgs! lets see, super solo, daytona maybe! or even better, svtoa sebring?

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Thanks for pictures of trailer.

I have one being made.Carl said ill get in feb.There is no way that monster
is going sit for the winter.After driving that wipple powered car i need some sun.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have one being made.Carl said ill get in feb.There is no way that monster
is going sit for the winter.After driving that wipple powered car i need some sun.

Awesome! Carl is great to work with, and I believe you will be very pleased with the trailer. Did you go with standard height? Any options?

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Trailer

Chris, very sanitary combo. Very nice indeed. And thanks for not going with a Cayanne.

Gordo.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Very nice setup. And very helpful for me as I have the....ugh..you know....sister car to yours...the Porsche Cayenne....t-u-r-b-o (don't hate me guys, I need the extra power to tow my 20-30 lb bicycles). Heh, when I was looking to buy the VW Toureg diesel, it was not being allowed in the USA.
Anyway, our towing capacities are the same at 7700lbs. and it appears you had no problems moving the GT around. I gotta look into this.
Thanks.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
(don't hate me guys, I need the extra power to tow my 20-30 lb bicycles).
They must be mountain bikes, 20 to 30 is heavy for road bikes nowadays. One of my cousins built a bike lighter than my old Trek 5500 17 lbs, so I had to build one lighter. I got the bike down to 12.0 lbs. But in that configuration it isn't very durable (carbon tubular rims). With clinchers it very rideable at 14.3 lbs with a Powertab hub to boot.

Now even with the limited load capacity of the GT, I can still carry my bicycles. Anyone make a roof rack that fits the GT with its unique doors?

BlackICE

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Chris - i want to thank you for posting up the pix of your trailer and all the details. i just bought a trailex trailer today just like yours except mine is black. trailex is gonna deliver it to me at the 2007 barrett-jackson auto auction in scottsdale this january. it will be on display all 11 days during the event and i will be towing it home at the end of the event. to bad they don't have a new 2006 ford GT for sale at the auction because i would buy that too. i am now officially in the market to buy a new 2006 ford GT with less than 100 miles. i am seeking black with silver stripes. i had located 2 on ebay last month and 2 on www.traderonline.com but all of those seem to have been already sold, so my search continues. if you know where the car i desire resides please let me know. :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris - i want to thank you for posting up the pix of your trailer and all the details. i just bought a trailex trailer today just like yours except mine is black. trailex is gonna deliver it to me at the 2007 barrett-jackson auto auction in scottsdale this january. it will be on display all 11 days during the event and i will be towing it home at the end of the event. to bad they don't have a new 2006 ford GT for sale at the auction because i would buy that too. i am now officially in the market to buy a new 2006 ford GT with less than 100 miles. i am seeking black with silver stripes. i had located 2 on ebay last month and 2 on www.traderonline.com but all of those seem to have been already sold, so my search continues. if you know where the car i desire resides please let me know. :cheers

Congratulations on the trailer! I look forward to seeing it at BJ. I'll let you know if I come across a GT that meets your requirements.

You might think about PMing DBK. He has previously been able to help people find GTs around the country through his Ford connections.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Chris actually my trailer is a lil different than yours. its built 6 inches higher than yours and has some different accesories inside. i got the winch, tire rack, cabinet, spare tire and carrier. as you can see from my pic they are now using a lil different wheels. mine are 6 spoke. here are the pix that carl sent me yesterday. :thumbsup

6986MVC-029F-med.JPG

6986MVC-030F-med.JPG

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Did you buy their show trailer? If so I have seen it. It was at the shop when I picked up mine. Very nice! The black looks good, but didn't go with my white 'Egg.

It would look REALLY good with a black GT inside! :thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
they said that the build on this trailer was completed like 15 days ago. they built it specifically to display at the B-J this january in order to try and get people to place orders for their trailers. so this might just be the one you saw. i am not sure when you picked yours up? in addition to towing a ford GT i will be using it to tow my viper too. in the pic below here you can see my V-10 powered ford F-250 superduty that i will be towing it with. i use my open bed tilt trailer to tow my ford lightning, camaro SS and my sandrail.

6986scan0004.jpg

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I was there 17 days ago. Wow, seems like longer than that. Anyway, my guess is yours is the trailer that I saw. Very nice.

Nice tow rig too. With that Superduty you won't even know you have the Trailex behind you!

See you at the BJ Wednesday dinner.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
they said that the build on this trailer was completed like 15 days ago. they built it specifically to display at the B-J this january in order to try and get people to place orders for their trailers. so this might just be the one you saw. i am not sure when you picked yours up? in addition to towing a ford GT i will be using it to tow my viper too. in the pic below here you can see my V-10 powered ford F-250 superduty that i will be towing it with. i use my open bed tilt trailer to tow my ford lightning, camaro SS and my sandrail.

6986scan0004.jpg

very nice looking toys... congrats on your purchase.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
...You remember me lusting over Bart's car in Las Vegas. I couldn't stand it, so I acted before it was too late. ...

AH...HAAAAAAH! So my plan worked. First I forge credentials showing you as a Ford GT engineer, then I entice you into my garage to focus on my GT. What 'till you see what is coming next! :wink

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
AH...HAAAAAAH! So my plan worked. First I forge credentials showing you as a Ford GT engineer, then I entice you into my garage to focus on my GT. What 'till you see what is coming next! :wink

That was an expensive meal! You have something else up your sleeve? Uh oh...

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Mine is going to be black also

Im glad to see one in black. And it will have an all black whipple monster in
side.Now do i have to get a speed yellow trailer for the other?