New to me...

JsmithGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2008
Houston, TX
GT School

(Have you put a folding chair beside it in your garage yet???! lol!)

I almost choked on that line..... I DO have a chair in my garage so I can just sit and look at the GT !!!! :lol

Richard Hille
The GT School

I saw an exert from the GT school on Speed Channel...Is this still being offered...I'll clear my schedule now!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Bony ,
The avatar is me being goofy at a pops concert with my wife !! I can't seem to embarrass her any more !!! My hat is a sandbox bucket .I now realize I can only embarrass my kids !!! I'M OK WITH THAT !!
Happy holidays !!

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ron in fine holiday form how could it get any better ? :lol

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Matt,
Welcome...I too am new to the fold...just purchased my first GT one month ago...the car is incredible, Nothing I have owned compares....but the same goes for this forum and the people you will meet....

Welcome Matt and JsmithGT,
Welcome to the board and here, you'll find lots of useful information to help you get the most enjoyment out of your GT, whether it is for the show or the go. I too came from the Porsche camp but when confronted with a decision to keep either the FGT or the GT3, the GT3 had to go. I'm absolutely not knocking the GT3 but the FGT is just that much more special. If I had the garage space, I'd have kept the GT3 also. My GT3 reamined pretty much stock after 4 years, but the FGT has gone through many many transformations and it's been a fun journey and I wish both of you will enjoy in the coming years.
Happy New Year and be safe.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I know I am quite the Newbie ... here however I am a Porsche Guy I cant even count the number of GT3's and 911's I have had from turbos to cup cars... Typically run on the six speed site and Rennlist ... I do a lot of DE's and Instruct for almost every driver Group at VIR ... i have been doing DE's for 9 years with countless numbers of laps at VIR, watkins Glen , Mid ohio, CMP...

But I will say I bought my first Ford GT today!!!!!!!
I am really excited about it ... I know very little about them other than the Basics!!! but would love to learn more about them... i did buy the car from a guy i know who deffinitely knows something about them... this is Basically my first tru post here so give me a break and let me enjoy the excitement !!!!!!!!

I am happy about it and will post a pic or two after Christmas!!!!!

Merry Christmas to Me!!!!!!!!

Matt

Congratulations Matt. Welcome to the FGT family. It's OK to have a Porsche in your life. I still have two. Hope to meet you at a track event some day.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I saw an exert from the GT school on Speed Channel...Is this still being offered...I'll clear my schedule now!!!

Mr. Smith,

Our next GT School (a two day school in California) is sold out. I have been talking with my Lead Instructor, Neil Hannemann (he was also the Chief Engineer of the Ford GT Project and a four time World Challenge Champion) and we are considering taking the GT School on the road next year.

If we decide to do a series of GT Schools around the country, one will be in Texas, probably one in the south east, one in the north east, one or two in the mid west.

I'll keep the Forum updated as things unfold.

Richard Hille
The GT School
2005 Ford GT #916, white/stripes

JsmithGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Mr. Smith,

Our next GT School (a two day school in California) is sold out. I have been talking with my Lead Instructor, Neil Hannemann (he was also the Chief Engineer of the Ford GT Project and a four time World Challenge Champion) and we are considering taking the GT School on the road next year.

If we decide to do a series of GT Schools around the country, one will be in Texas, probably one in the south east, one in the north east, one or two in the mid west.

I'll keep the Forum updated as things unfold.

Richard Hille
The GT School
2005 Ford GT #916, white/stripes

That would be great, I would definately attend.....Your title says tall car guy did you modify the seat or need the gurney bubble for helmet clearance....I'm looking at options...I'm 6'2"...

Thank you,
John
2005 Ford GT #102, Black..Stripe Delete.

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Another lucky Chap joining the GT fold.

Though Porsche and FGT are totally different in my book.

I wouldn't be able to get Porsche out of my blood....no one car can capture everything.

Nothing sings like a 911 RS at full chatt.

Given all.....If I had to make that horrid decision then the RS would have to go in favour of the GT

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
That would be great, I would definately attend.....Your title says tall car guy did you modify the seat or need the gurney bubble for helmet clearance....I'm looking at options...I'm 6'2"...

John, I am 6'6" tall and yes, I got my seat modified for extra room for my helmet. I'll post any information about future schools here on the forum.

Richard Hille
The GT School

JsmithGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2008
Houston, TX
John, I am 6'6" tall and yes, I got my seat modified for extra room for my helmet. I'll post any information about future schools here on the forum.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Richard,
Thank you..What was modified, and who did the work....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
John ,
This is your answer!!
Their is a man Named Steve Hemstock who is truly a master craftsman .He does high line upholstery ,restyling, lowering kit for head room and reproduction work . Steve has done all the GTX1 interiors,from custom seat work to dashes .( See the studio thread on the forum) If you need seats fixed or new leather skins ,custom stitching , Steve is a great guy to know .I can attest to him being a real down to earth good guy !! Very passionate about his work .A real pleasure to know and do business with .Also very well known and respected in the industry!His company name is Knights auto works
His phone # is 715-702-2727.
Hope this helps!!
Bests ,Roketman

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
John,

I had my seat done by the GTX1 guys, so it was probably done by Steve Hemstock. It definitely gave me an inch and a half to two inches extra headroom with no loss of comfort.

Richard Hille
The GT School
2005 Ford GT #916

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ron..... another avatar... but a good one,... great group of guys.

JSmith..Knights Auto is a top craftsman, however, any top upholstery shop can open the seat up and install Memory Foam which will give you a 1" to 1.5" drop. I had mine done here in Fresno. Cost me less than $200.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Unfortunately, the memory foam remembered Bony's old size butt and had to be resized a second time.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Bony ,
Your ass is a cl ass ic !!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
930man: Welcome to the Fraternity. I have a 997 Carrera S and I say this with "hat in hand" as it certainly doesn't approach some of the awesome Porsches owned by you and my FGT bretheren here but I love it just the same. There is something special about driving a Carrera (but the FGT is my first love without a doubt).

Thinking of buying a GT3 and giving up the Carrera S. I'm not really a track guy (as my user name would indicate) but love the GT3. Any advice?

BTW, just so you know, I hope your FGT is Red because they are the fastest of the breed. Don't let any of these characters here bull$#@* you and tell you otherwise. Trust me on this one!

:thumbsup

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Waxer ,
You say that to all the guys with red cars !!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
BTW, just so you know, I hope your FGT is Red because they are the fastest of the breed. Don't let any of these characters here bull$#@* you and tell you otherwise. Trust me on this one!

:thumbsup

Really. Then why are all of Matech's FGT's B-L-U-E!!! And just look at all the R-E-D cars they beat over the last 'season! :lol

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Pssst...Guys..inside tip from a good source: Matech is painting their cars RED for the GT1 campaign. They need to go faster then last year.

Pockets: You silly guy. Yes its true. You saw red Ferraris, Red Corvettes, Astons etc ..but did you see any RED FGTs in the Euro FIA series. No, of course you didn't silly... Why not you ask? because Matech was already committed to the "BIG BLUE" thingy and had all their signs printed, advertising, tee shirts, hats, key fobs and all that and thus realizing RED is faster if they put any RED FGTs on the track the BIG BLUE FGTs would've obviously lost to th RED FGTs and then how would have "Big Blue" have won????. It would have been embarassing. Like Duh.

:wink

ROKETMAN: Actually, no. All the guys with RED FGTs already know they're the fastest. Its the guys with all the other colors that need to be edjemuhcated.

GO BIG RED!!!! :thumbsup

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Inside tip guys from a good source: Matech is painting their cars RED for the GT1 campaign. They need to go faster then last year.

:wink

GO BIG RED!!!! :thumbsup

If true, then what that tells ME is OBVIOUSLY Matech musta been given a H.P. penalty by the sanctioning body for whoopin' ev'rbuddy too dang often last season in themthere BLUE cars...! :biggrin