• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well I've got Jake at Project 321 fired up on some more projects.. Here are some preliminary drawings of the two sill plate options .They will be billet aluminum with Carbon Fiber inlays.

When I approached Jake on this sill plate project I had 4 goals I wanted to achieve. The more billet area set offers these (4) advantages:
1) Scuff resistant in the foot swing area.
2) Reusable ( the stock ones are not).
3) Better looking than the plain stock Sills.
4) They can be personalized.

One type will have more CF area. The set with more Billet will have a rough aluminum raised section near the front that will be scuff resistant. The back shorter section will be customizable and include the car year and last 4 of the VIN number..

On the set with the Blue color the light gray or white area is a raised rough aluminum area. This will not show the heal scuff marks. The Blue area is recessed and should not get scuffed. The black area is a recessed CF inlay and should not get scuffed

They will be available in the same Anodized colors as the Coolant Tank Cap Sets

I need some feed back on the " 4X Le mans Champion" text. Use it or lose it?
If you have a set of the Project 321 caps you know the machine work is top notch aero space quality !!:thumbsup

I just added a poll . Of course we want you to have it your way so I will talk to Jake about the option to include it or leave it off. Please note that I am not financially involved with this company and the only thing I gain from these projects is some more cool GT parts !!

I do want to thank you for the support of these projects. Jake and the people at Project 321 put in a lot of time, effort and money to make this happen. Without your support they would not continue to make us these cool goodies.. Typically I'll approach Jake with some ideas and design goals and he does the rest !!

These will be cool and we got more stuff coming !!:thumbsup

Updated Nov. 28 2008.. These are the actual pieces. Jake is now taking orders.. These make great GT stocking Stuffers.

Please note : No GT's were harmed in the making of this product.
:biggrin

Attachments

• Helenor_sm.JPG
    Helenor_sm.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 4x_lemans_sm.JPG
    4x_lemans_sm.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 275
  • helboy_full_sm.JPG
    helboy_full_sm.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 276
  • hellboy_sm.JPG
    hellboy_sm.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 273
  • red_lemans_sm.JPG
    red_lemans_sm.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Lose it - the GT's are making their own history....

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

I don't know Stormcat - Start a POLL!

Can't forget the 40 year old in your face F ENZO lineage of the car!

If Lemans never happened - Hot Wheels would have never made a GT40, there would never have been GT40 slot cars and GTJOEY and others like me would be driving Jaquars :eek

I say be proud of the history...... Badge it :thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

+ 1

Pricing?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

If Lemans never happened - Hot Wheels would have never made a GT40, there would never have been GT40 slot cars and GTJOEY and others like me would be driving Jaquars :eek

I too am proud of the history. We would not be here on this site without it !!:thumbsup

+ 1

Pricing?

Pricing and more deatils will be coming soon !!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Damn you DevilCat - more cool stuff to trick up my car. Bony may be the carbonfiber meister, but we'll be the billet masters. Count me in for RED. Good thing you're not female, cause you should would be a temptress.

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
I'm in.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Lose it & put the effort into personalizing it. We all know what the original won. :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Damn you DevilCat - more cool stuff to trick up my car. Bony may be the carbonfiber meister, but we'll be the billet masters. Count me in for RED. Good thing you're not female, cause you should would be a temptress.

got it.. Frank ,, one set of " Red " ..:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Oh sh-t, we are going to have a lot posts from Frank, saying where are my still plates, are they done yet?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Oh sh-t, we are going to have a lot posts from Frank, saying where are my still plates, are they done yet?

Still plates ?? Are those used for making alcohol ?? :biggrin

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Jake told me about these when I ordered my Epic Orange cap set, and so I've been anxiously waiting for these to match since then! The renderings look GREAT :thumbsup

Lose it & put the effort into personalizing it. We all know what the original won. :biggrin

I agree with Mr. deGo........ :bored. I agree with TRENT!! :biggrin :cheers

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
carbon + black for me! vin # would be nice. I like both designs

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Stormcat Jason had mentioned something like this coming in the past too me. Will being him at SEMA and picking up my GT500 stuff then.
The door sills look great and colour matching to engine items is good. Little confused about the black areas. On my car noticed the areas off scraping on entry mainly, is closer to the front of the sill where the word "Ford" is located on your pics.
Great to personlize with year and car #. Matches the whells nuts that Derry did for many of us.
I like the "LeMans" reference. Ties the old in with the new. As others have said if not for the Ferrari wars and the GTs winning 4 in a row, I doubt these would be here.
Blue version for me.
keep up the good work guys.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
BRIAN: Black w/Carbon Fiber suits me just fine.
The reference to the bit of LeMans racing history that actually put our cars on the map is a brilliant idea, especially as that "Old-School" squib would be blended with 21st century techno-carbon fiber lookks!
Gotta love it...just my opinion and PM when available, please.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Dave: Black w/Carbon Fiber suits me just fine.
The reference to the bit of LeMans racing history that actually put our cars on the map is a brilliant idea, especially as that "Old-School" squib would be blended with 21st century techno-carbon fiber lookks!
Gotta love it...just my opinion and PM when available, please.

Paul, thanks for the input !! Who is Dave ?? ...:biggrin .
PS : I need some Investment advice...:thumbsup regards, BRIAN ..:wink

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I just added a poll . Of course we want you to have it your way so I will talk to Jake about the option to include it or leave it off. Please note that I am not financially involved with this company and the only thing I gain from these projects is some more cool GT parts !!

I do want to thank you for the support of these projects. Jake and the people at Project 321 put in a lot of time, effort and money to make this happen. Without your support they would not continue to make us these cool goodies.. Typically I'll approach Jake with some ideas and design goals and he does the rest !!

These will be cool and we got more stuff coming !!:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormcat Jason had mentioned something like this coming in the past too me. Will being him at SEMA and picking up my GT500 stuff then.
The door sills look great and colour matching to engine items is good. Little confused about the black areas. On my car noticed the areas off scraping on entry mainly, is closer to the front of the sill where the word "Ford" is located on your pics.
Great to personlize with year and car #. Matches the whells nuts that Derry did for many of us.
I like the "LeMans" reference. Ties the old in with the new. As others have said if not for the Ferrari wars and the GTs winning 4 in a row, I doubt these would be here.
Blue version for me.
keep up the good work guys.

On the set with the Blue color the light gray or white area is a raised rough aluminum area. This will not show the heal scuff marks. The Blue area is recessed and should not get scuffed. The black area is a recessed CF inlay and should not get scuffed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Poll started.. : ) we missed ya at the rally...

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Stormcat,

I will be interested in buying the sills too; need to see the final configuration to decide which style/color to pick! thanks!

Gaby