Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"...and it's now easy for me to see why its values have climbed as high as $400,000..."

...try $500K+ for a Heritage 'wrapper' car... :wink

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Loved the part in the video with him getting in and out with the car parked next to him. How many times have we all done that maneuver?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Loved the part in the video with him getting in and out with the car parked next to him. How many times have we all done that maneuver?

Clarkson's exit was almost as good as his driving the Reliant Robin.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
bad AC?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

After 10 years my AC is still freezing in the scorching Florida summers.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
10-4 on the AC in AZ also. 11 years on.

Car is bullet proof reliable!

One more reason I love it.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Not liking door dings, I have really tried to avoid that situation. Hate doing the duck walk as well. The only time I can remember it happening was at one of Chip's Rallys to the Rally, and some donkey in a Ford GT parked that close.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The FGT doors and the exit routine have passed into GT lore and legend. When I take my car to Cars and Coffee, I'm automatically given a wide space to exit. I can see people around me nodding with understanding and hear dads telling their sons about the Le Mans origin of the cut-away doors. One of the many charms of owning such a great car.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Too bad we don't have a button on our key FOBs to lower the driver's window so we can push and steer the car out of a tight parking spot. Sure would help avoid the duck walk.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
FTA: "expected that the mid-2000s Ford GT would be a lot like an overgrown Viper -- in other words, poorly made, shoddily stitched together and falling apart, with a pickup-truck engine and a rough, vague transmission. After all, this was an exotic supercar designed when Ford was still making the New Edge Mustang. The Five Hundred sedan. The Freestar minivan. The ZX2. The freakin' ZX2! How can a company that makes the ZX2 also create a world-class supercar?"

Had the reviewer looked at any of the contemporary reviews from 2005-06, he'd have seen the GT was anything but crudely constructed. In some ways the interior was spartan, but never rough.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
New Hope Concours last weekend. I was the only car given two spaces compliments of the doors! I won my class (still on the Deferred List, dammit).

Howard

Attachments

• New Hope, 2016 (13).jpg
    New Hope, 2016 (13).jpg
    164 KB · Views: 385

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
FTA: "expected that the mid-2000s Ford GT would be a lot like an overgrown Viper -- in other words, poorly made, shoddily stitched together and falling apart, with a pickup-truck engine and a rough, vague transmission. After all, this was an exotic supercar designed when Ford was still making the New Edge Mustang. The Five Hundred sedan. The Freestar minivan. The ZX2. The freakin' ZX2! How can a company that makes the ZX2 also create a world-class supercar?"

Had the reviewer looked at any of the contemporary reviews from 2005-06, he'd have seen the GT was anything but crudely constructed. In some ways the interior was spartan, but never rough.

He is obviously uneducated in regards to our GTs. However the ZX2 wasn't a bad car, we race one in Chump and LeMons races. Ford of Germany engine with Mazda platform..it is actually quite competitive..

Attachments

• IMG_3951.jpg
    IMG_3951.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I think the seats are very comfy... the bolsters are good and wide and I don't even feel the holes.

Can you feel the aftermarket inserts?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think the seats are very comfy... the bolsters are good and wide and I don't even feel the holes.

Can you feel the aftermarket inserts?
:agree: and the a/c works great too.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I assumed the trim rings on the holes created the problem. I've never sat on a seat with them; happy to hear from others with more knowledge.

I've driven my GT from Los Angeles to Denver, and then from Denver back to LA, non-stop both ways.

Seat comfort? NOT. EVEN. A. REMOTE. ISSUE. And my wife (who is much more sensitive to seat comfort issues) rode with me coming back, non-stop.

And she concurs.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I did not notice any difference in comfort with the seat inserts.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I think it's great that our old cars are still being reviewed today. It says a lot about the appeal, and hopefully bolsters the continued value appreciation.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Thoughtful review. Surprised that he took ten years to find one to drive. His GT perm-a-grin is pretty obvious.

I've not had any issues with the seats, other than the seat bottom is a bit too long for me, but my #2 son has complained that his skinny back gets sore from the seat back "vents". Which has not stopped him from either driving it or riding in it…ever.

Even with 10.5 years of ownership, it still brings "that" good feeling everyday when I see it. And still answer those same questions when getting gas or in a parking lot. Had a 4 year old girl and a 7 year old boy in the car for pictures last night. Mom saw the GT in the driveway and stopped. Mom's comment to her son "your Dad is going to be so jealous, this is his favorite car" and you and your sister are in it!".

The GT is the gift that keeps on giving enjoyment to everyone, even if they haven't a clue as to what it is.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I had one of my GTs at the Jack Roush open house last night and the continued annoying comment came up that they heard the GTs are a bitch to get in reverse. I just tell them not at all if the shift cables are adjusted correctly. I have no issues "ever" getting into reverse on any GT. in fact I'm glad it's not any easier!