New recall?

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
No, there's not a recall on the cars.

But even though I sold my GT today, I'm asking the rest of you guys to RECALL how useful this forum is, and sign up as a paying member.

I put my money where my mouth is. Even though I was planning to sell my car, I signed up as a $250 lifetime member a couple months ago. Why? Because the site had ALREADY provided at least that much value to me! (Note: Higher and lower price membership levels are available.)

SIGN UP AS A PAYING MEMBER TODAY! Get off your rich, semi-rich, or flat-busted asses, and sign up as a PAYING member on this great resource put together by our friend Dave, a.k.a. "DBK".

This forum will never be big enough to be supported solely by advertisers, simply because of the small production run of the GT. So DO IT! Sign up now!

Dave's post is here http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548 , or just sign up by clicking on User CP on the above task bar, then on the bottom left in the miscellaneous section click Paid Subscriptions. From there you can paypal Dave directly. If you do not have access to paypal or do not want to use it, PM him and he will give you his address to send any donations.

(Dave did not ask me to post this, and in fact, I didn't even tell him I was going to.)

Attachments

• subscribe.jpg
    subscribe.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Paul, you are absolutely correct. As for me, I am in this for the long haul and want to keep this site going forever. I love it and probably spend too much time here (my wife thinks so). Great bunch of people here. My hat is off to DBK for all the hard work. Thanks, TI :thumbsup

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Paul,
Many thanks for the kind words! It's sad that you don't have the car any more as it was nearly one-of-a-kind and you've done so much for GT Owners as a whole. I hope you stick around and continue to contribute as you've done in the past, as you have a near encyclopedic knowledge of the car. I think everyone who saved some money on the car because of Ford GT Prices should send that money towards you instead!

Dave

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Centerpunch,

Do you plan to buy another GT at some point?

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
No. Although the GT is an amazing car, I have discovered I am not a "supercar" guy. For me, wanting one was much better than having one.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
don't have the money but maybe someday. :cheers sad to see a Ford GT go but glad to see a great member stay with us. :cheers :thumbsup

GRTG4CE

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Hello Paul,

Although we have not officially met in person or on this sight thanks for the e-mail. Dave has done a "FANTASTIC" job on this sight and I am sorry to say I was not aware of the levels of memberships. I would be more then happy to become a "Life Time" member and should we ever need any additional support ( $$$) please don't hesitate to give me a call (559-284-1611). Paul do you have a phone number for Dave so that I can call for his assistance ??

Have A Great Weekend Paul,

GRTG4CE

John

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Centerpunch your rally cry has been heard. DBK I want to support your site. More often than not it is sustaining the site that is important. How is the financing of this site going?? My intentions are to donate but in a delayed fashion for interest of seeing this site is still up 6months or a year from know.
SO what is the financial situation and your preference.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Dave I pm'd you many weeks ago about this, but did not get a reply [also some contributors here also want to become sponsors, so answer your email dang it!]

I don't see the price tags for the different levels of membership here or at the linked thread. Can you illuminate those of us in the dark?

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Red Rocket said:
I don't see the price tags for the different levels of membership here or at the linked thread. Can you illuminate those of us in the dark?

Click on "User CP" above (user control panel), then click on "paid subscriptions" to see your options.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks again Paul!

Rocket, I'm in the process of replying to those who want to be vendors! Thanks for alerting me.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s anyone who wishes to donate can simply take the steps shown by Paul in his first post. Many thanks to those who do, as well as all who participate in this great community. :cheers

Aug 25, 2006
I have made mention before; this is truly an awesome site. Likely one of the best out there regardless of marquee and yes the machine needs to be oiled from time to time.

I for one have $$ supported both the board and the sponsors because I want to see this watering-hole remain for many years to come.

If you are one that visits as a car knut considering that one day you may take the plunge and purchase a GT; I hope that day comes and I personally welcome your visits and yet if you are one of the few that own one or more of these awesome gal's then I dare say that there is no better centralized place to share experiences and gather great information.

If within your budget to contribute then by all means do so and yet if it is not in the budget NBD because a quality board survives on a variety of oils; $$, personal participation that includes valued contributions such as the sharing of real time experiences, etc.

All the best

Shadowman

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
centerpunch said:
No. Although the GT is an amazing car, I have discovered I am not a "supercar" guy. For me, wanting one was much better than having one.

Paul,

I certainly enjoy owning my car as well as all of the other toys and "stuff" I've accumulated. Having said that, your post resonates. Having this stuff is not nearly as much fun as wanting and getting it, be it a supercar or any other material thing.

Kirk

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
OK, how many of you cheap bastards have signed up as paying members?

(And believe me, after spending thousands of hours running FordGTprices.com, saving probably 500+ people at least $10K each, and having only a couple dozen people pony up a 1% gratuity on the money I saved them, I know EXACTLY how cheap 95% of you guys are............)

DBK, how many paying members do you have?

Last edited:

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
centerpunch said:

Centerpunch, Your note got me off my butt to join.

Craig

PS I've had the same issue with some women. :wink

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Welcome Dave.

I see you can only pay using paypal. What do those of us who only have credit cards do? If you pm me I can give you a yankee $$ VISA #.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks for the reminder Paul.....

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
++1. And for me, the rarity of the gal makes it tough to enjoy taking her out for a good hard ride. But I am more than sufficiently satisfied peeking in to the garage a few times a day and seeing the most spectacular car ever built. Everything beyond that is pure upside.
Yep, I think I'm in for the long haul as well.
But I respect your decision and also agree about this forum. Owner or not, please pay to participate. The info and camaraderie is invaluable.

Paul,

I certainly enjoy owning my car as well as all of the other toys and "stuff" I've accumulated. Having said that, your post resonates. Having this stuff is not nearly as much fun as wanting and getting it, be it a supercar or any other material thing.

Kirk

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
OK, how many of you cheap bastards have signed up as paying members?

(And believe me, after spending thousands of hours running FordGTprices.com, saving probably 500+ people at least $10K each, and having only a couple dozen people pony up a 1% gratuity on the money I saved them, I know EXACTLY how cheap 95% of you guys are............)

DBK, how many paying members do you have?

Hey, centerpunch, I take it you still must be bitter about that dame beating you out for the Secretary of State job? :rofl:rofl:rofl :cheers :thumbsup