New Owner

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
As others have said--been lurking for awhile. I appreciate the professionalism and collegiality of this forum. Picked up 05 #1110 (silver/black) last Monday. I stretched to the ragged edge to obtain this car, including selling my beloved 67 big block Corvette. Based on first impressions, it will definitely be worth it. First dumb Q: I assume the Ford-provided cover is kind to the paint?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I've been using the cover and it hasn't caused me any problems (on a dark blue car I'm sure they'd be obvious if it did).

Congratulations on the purchase! Trust me when I say that I can relate to the "stretch" to buy it. Trust me futhermore when I say it is well worth it!! :banana

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome DeaconBlues! I also have silver/black '05 #1377. You're going to love this car! - it's definitely worth it.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hi Deacon Blues-

I use the cover on my GT all the time. I have not had any issues.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
DeaconBlues said:
As others have said--been lurking for awhile. I appreciate the professionalism and collegiality of this forum. Picked up 05 #1110 (silver/black) last Monday. I stretched to the ragged edge to obtain this car, including selling my beloved 67 big block Corvette. Based on first impressions, it will definitely be worth it. First dumb Q: I assume the Ford-provided cover is kind to the paint?

I'm sorry you had to part with your big block Vette. The way prices have shot up on muscle cars, you probably did real well in terms of selling the Vette. I bought a Marina Blue '67 BB Coupe 2 years ago and have been sitting on it as an investment that I can also drive and show. See photo of what I consider 2 of the most beautiful American made sports cars.

Attachments

• DSC03641.JPG
    DSC03641.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC03638.JPG
    DSC03638.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 76

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Welcome to the forum Deacon :cheers

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
DeaconBlues said:

Deacon, I have really bright lights right over my car and have noticed small lines in the blue stripe (car is white with blue stripe)!! So I bagged up the stock cover for road trips and bought a California Car Cover super soft flannel cover for inside the garage. Spec FF FF16717fG NO GROMETS.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Deacon, check your private messages please.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Welcome,
Calif. Car Cover is the way to go !!
Sorry about the Vette but the GT is worth it.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Welcome aboard!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Deacon, VPC beat me to it! That's very sound advice on the cover, i.e. only use it when the car has just been cleaned. I tend not to use covers on any of my cars, despite them all having one - I guess it depends how dusty it's going to get.

Welcome to the Forum - Deacon Blue refers, I guess, to Walt and Donald?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Bill Briley said:
Welcome,
Calif. Car Cover is the way to go !!
Sorry about the Vette but the GT is worth it.
I think the Ferrari car covers are definitely more kind to the paint... The car cover is nice, but I think not to the ultimate kindness to the paint. .. Particularily if you have a dealer throw it over an unwashed car... like happened to me.- Thanks to Florida Chris to have pointed my attention to that one, some time ago..

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ByeEnzo said:
I'm sorry you had to part with your big block Vette. The way prices have shot up on muscle cars, you probably did real well in terms of selling the Vette. I bought a Marina Blue '67 BB Coupe 2 years ago and have been sitting on it as an investment that I can also drive and show. See photo of what I consider 2 of the most beautiful American made sports cars.

glad to see your baby is back in the garage!

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
I think the Ferrari car covers are definitely more kind to the paint... The car cover is nice, but I think not to the ultimate kindness to the paint. .. Particularily if you have a dealer throw it over an unwashed car... like happened to me.- Thanks to Florida Chris to have pointed my attention to that one, some time ago..

exactly, mine is still in the bag it came in.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK said:
Welcome to the forum Deacon :cheers[/QUOTE

sit down, pour a cold one, enjoy, welcome! :cheers

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Thanks to all for the advice and kind welcome!
ByeEnzo: Beautiful combo. The 67 is a true investment.
Neilda: Absolutely correct. :biggrin

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
don't use my cover..ever, rather have the dust then the scratches.WELCOME, you'll love this car liuke we all do...yeeeehahahah

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Deacon, I guess Angular Banjos sound good to both of us then.....!

Not sure where you're based, but ***an is touring with the new album very soon (Morph The Cat).

I can see you in your GT already - drive west on Sunset to the sea, turn that jungle music down etc.

Perfect car, perfect tastes!! I can't think of a better combination.

EDIT: For some reason Donald's last name got bleeped out, and I've just worked out why! The first three letters are, I think, rude in the USA...

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Neilda: I'm in the high desert southwest so the drive would be 50 miles north to Durango, Colo and north into the Rockies. Not this time of year, though! Yeah, my wife says I'm stuck in the 70s. I say So?

cciinc

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Car Cover

Welcome Mr. Deacon Blues! Must be a Steely Dan Fan.

I recently posted the same question and received great response. I chose California Car Cover as my choice. It will take 15 days to make and a few more to receive it but will be well worth it.

As soon as I receive it and try it out I will let you know.

Congratulations!

TC