New Owner

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
I was under the impression that the billet arms could have the bushings pressed out and replaced.

Maybe not?
Well check my signature…village idiot here. I misunderstood the shop. The Sway bar bushings on my car are bad, not the control arm bushings. So that is easier, but I still don’t have an answer to a question that I didn’t need to ask 🤣. Sway bar bushings are enough for now for me!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
There are a few places where you can get excellent service/knowledge. Rich Brooks and Bob Ida are 2 of the best places to get your car set right. I had Rich inspect my car, prior to purchase, and sent it out to him to have everything set right after I bought it. If I need anything other than an oil change, I'll drive down to Bob's place in NJ, and let him take care of it. You will enjoy the hell out of it, when you finally get to drive it!!! Welcome to ownership of the best car you could ever want!!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Occasionally tracking these cars is generally not an issue under most circumstances. If you don't get these cars on a track, you will never experience the performance and thrill, they provide.

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
Occasionally tracking these cars is generally not an issue under most circumstances. If you don't get these cars on a track, you will never experience the performance and thrill, they provide.
Oh I would like to some day but I think I need to learn using someone else’s Miata first! I was asking more to know if the car was tracked are there wear items that I should have inspected/replaced before i take possession.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Tracking the GT is a blast. I equate it to learning to ride a dirtbike on a CR500 though. It can be done but be careful!

Reactions: 2112 and ScottK

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oh I would like to some day but I think I need to learn using someone else’s Miata first! I was asking more to know if the car was tracked are there wear items that I should have inspected/replaced before i take possession.

Take a high performance driving class. I did mine at Bondurant but it's closed. They do one a Spring Mountain here in Vegas that is supposed to be good too.

You should be able to tell how much if any track time by examining the tires. Light track time should be no issue. These are workhorses.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Well check my signature…village idiot here. I misunderstood the shop. The Sway bar bushings
Mine had a slight rattle in bumps. GT 101 sent me replacements in neoprene. lasts longer than OEM rubber, cost very reasonable, rattles all gone.

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
Mine had a slight rattle in bumps. GT 101 sent me replacements in neoprene. lasts longer than OEM rubber, cost very reasonable, rattles all gone.
I did not see any way to order from GT 101, did you do so through an email request?

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I did not see any way to order from GT 101, did you do so through an email request?
email is david.jones@gt101.co.uk. phone is. +44 1206562800

Reactions: Submoose

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I hope that helps. https://gt101.co.uk/ford-gt/

There is also a nifty little device that helps prevent voltage surges to the gauges. I got one several years ago. I don't know if he is still producing them. I have 41kmiles, no gauge problems. I do also wait until the gauges initialize before hitting the start button.
contact Jay at gtsaver@cox,net or analogdesigner on the forum. or. www.analogdesign.com

Reactions: 2112 and Submoose

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Congrats.. Was watching that auction.. Yellow is a special color.. Almost bought one in 2007 , wish i had. The only time you over pay is if you park it and sell it tomorrow. After your first rally with the forum, the smiles, non ending grin, will tell you what it's worth doesn't matter. Someone else in your family will sell it.. So where is this bad boy(gal) going to be located?
Great list from many, but the 69b302 from upstate had some not so obvious items. Kevin(Special K) and Tony (2bjshelbys) has some important got ya's that have caught a few(like many) out.
Congrats again. Enjoy and drive; that's where the smiles are.