New owner

OTG

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
I saw the guy who just bought a Heritage asked to be changed to a GT OWNER - please do the same for me. Mine is not a Heritage, it's better - black stripe and decal delete. \m/ SLAYER \m/

Got a lot of good info as a lurker here and hope y'all can help me with any questions that may arise with the car. For instance - why is my door ajar light on? I carefully shut the clam and trunk and both doors and they all seem closed. I will post pics once I have permission to do so.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

Once you get your profile up, consider becoming a member; then think about attending Rally 10 in Dearborn at the end of August - See the Rally 10 section

:cheers

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Probably because you "carefully" shut the clamshell.

Try it again by placing your hand right in the middle by the third brake light and use a "decent" amount of pressure. You have to shut it hard enough to get it down good. Try it a couple times if it doesn't go off, then you will get a feel of how you need to do it. I am sure that's what the problem is.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Probably because you "carefully" shut the clamshell.

Try it again by placing your hand right in the middle by the third brake light and use a "decent" amount of pressure. You have to shut it hard enough to get it down good. Try it a couple times if it doesn't go off, then you will get a feel of how you need to do it. I am sure that's what the problem is.

Yep, mine does that too

Sometimes I have to start at one side of the clamshell and push down every couple of inches to make sure it is totally closed to turn off that light

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Also be sure the front trunk lid is latched tight. It is hard to tell by looking so open and shut it if it is not the clamshell.

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I saw the guy who just bought a Heritage asked to be changed to a GT OWNER - please do the same for me. Mine is not a Heritage, it's better - black stripe and decal delete. \m/ SLAYER \m/

Got a lot of good info as a lurker here and hope y'all can help me with any questions that may arise with the car. For instance - why is my door ajar light on? I carefully shut the clam and trunk and both doors and they all seem closed. I will post pics once I have permission to do so.

As a relatively new FGT owner (right at 1 year) I struggled with that as well. It was the front "trunk" that wasn't closed all the way. Fiddle with that first.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I saw the guy who just bought a Heritage asked to be changed to a GT OWNER - please do the same for me.

Done. Congratulations on the new car.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats

Vince H

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Both trunk and clamshell can give door ajar lights. I am not of the kind that lets it sit on the latch and then push it shut. I bring the trunk down to about 6 " and let it drop. The clamshell I bring down about the same, maybe a little more depending on temp and how stiff the struts are. I don't get false open alerts any more.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
If you think getting it fully closed is tricky try getting it open by yourself. Can you say "Chinese fire drill".

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you think getting it fully closed is tricky try getting it open by yourself. Can you say "Chinese fire drill".

With driver's door open, reach in and release latch. Support hood at center with left hand. Release driver's side latch. Then leaning into passenger compartment reach across and release passenger side latch. Usually takes me about 10 seconds.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
With driver's door open, reach in and release latch. Support hood at center with left hand. Release driver's side latch. Then leaning into passenger compartment reach across and release passenger side latch. Usually takes me about 10 seconds.

there is a "designed in" TELL for the front hood/ bonnet. If the windshield wipers only run full speed, i.e. no intermittent option its the front hood/ bonnet that has not closed....

OTG

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Thanks guys and Mods. I had a courtesy trade of an old car to get in line for a GT3RS with local P-car dealer. Since I'm a little low on "the list" I figured I'd run my GT through the dealer to reduce the cash and tax outlay (that the dealer was holding). Luckily, when my car was delivered, I met a GT owner at the Porsche store that showed me around the car. I think he was a little hesitant to slam both the clam or the trunk since it wasn't his car and the trunk was the issue. Car looks like a supermodel compared to my new Z07 gutter slut. (Too bad I can't figure out how to attach a pic via my iPhone 6).

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Too bad I can't figure out how to attach a pic via my iPhone 6.

You'll probably figure it out

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to the best car forum OTG! Hope to meet you at the Rally!

Ed

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Welcome!!!! You are going to love that car........ Eric

sluggo

GT Owner
May 28, 2015

I took my GT to Sunrise Ford in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles and made fast friends with the service manager. He took the car under his wing and went through the few problems the car had. Bill was an astronomical $562, but that included a 2nd key and remote. One of my complaints was that the engine light flickered on an off intermittently accompanied by an occasional ding of a warning bell.

Ford fixed that by running a computer analysis and some other hocus pocus. They told me there was nothing wrong with it. Now the engine light is fine, no more bells and whistles, but the door ajar light won't go off. Doors shut properly and nothing wrong with the trunk closing. Soooo what to do? What else....I'm blaming it on Ford and let them worry about in next week when they fix the air bag recall.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
... but the door ajar light won't go off. Doors shut properly and nothing wrong with the trunk closing. Soooo what to do? What else....I'm blaming it on Ford and let them worry about in next week when they fix the air bag recall.

Try opening and closing the hood and clamshell. Don't be "kind" to it by dropping it to the latches and trying to push down with the heel of your hand. Let them drop from about 6".