New Owner...

ASASN

GT Owner
Apr 10, 2006
Hello.......

I've been lurking around for awhile, but just recently put my hands on a 05 GT #118, Black, loaded, minus stripes!!

I have around 350 miles myself on the car, bought it from a friend of mine as part of a package deal (along with a 65 427 Cobra).....car had 1317.7 miles on it at time of purchase......

I must say, I've driven alot of cars and owned alot of cars, but honestly.....I haven't been in anything that has surprised me as much as this car....what an incredible package! I couldn't be happier with the all around ride, power, quality and heritage of this car......well, does need a little more power, but that's easy enough to solve!!

The cars may be alot of money, but believe me, it's worth the price of admission......everytime I get in the car and drive it, I know I'm in something special!!

In a nutshell, I guess I'm triing to say........I'm damn proud to have this car in my stable..........

Take care all.....

Mike P.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
congrats

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome!
My advice...
1) as you exit the car look at the top of the door and stand up not out. You will never hit your head if you always do this. Normally, I would say "look where you want to go" but in this case "look where you don't want to go."
2) drive it, drive it, drive it...it was meant to be driven, not garage art.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome, where you located?

ASASN

GT Owner
Apr 10, 2006
Thanks guys........

Havent hit my head yet.....got getting in and out pretty much down! I'll probably forget at some point and time and learn my lesson...and I do plan to drive it, drive it and drive it......and really looking forward to the fall and winter!!
If I sell a couple of things, I may buy another as garage art....

I'm located in South Central Ga........Tifton, to be exact!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ASASN-

Are you headed to VOI-9? Lots of Viper owners over here on the GT dark side...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ASASN said:
Hello.......

I've been lurking around for awhile, but just recently put my hands on a 05 GT #118, Black, loaded, minus stripes!!

I have around 350 miles myself on the car, bought it from a friend of mine as part of a package deal (along with a 65 427 Cobra).....car had 1317.7 miles on it at time of purchase......

I must say, I've driven alot of cars and owned alot of cars, but honestly.....I haven't been in anything that has surprised me as much as this car....what an incredible package! I couldn't be happier with the all around ride, power, quality and heritage of this car......well, does need a little more power, but that's easy enough to solve!!

The cars may be alot of money, but believe me, it's worth the price of admission......everytime I get in the car and drive it, I know I'm in something special!!

In a nutshell, I guess I'm triing to say........I'm damn proud to have this car in my stable..........

Take care all.....

Mike P.

tell us about the 4000 CSX car, body from Kirkham, CAV, Tijuana, Prison? Motor?
Lots of Viper, Cobra, Lambo owners here share the GT love.

ASASN

GT Owner
Apr 10, 2006
Thanks again guys......

boner....The CSX is a 65 Shelby American Cobra 427 Aluminum (Kirkham) Phantom Roadster, Shelby Aluminum 427 Side Oiler, Top Loader 4-Speed, etc.........or to simplify things according to the Shelby World Registry documentation....1 of 10 Phantom Cobras produced, this is #2 of 10 ever produced, no 2 cars are the same color.....mine is Deep Midnite Blue Metallic....hope that answers your queston!

Fla Chris......I will not be attending the VOI this year! My wife and I are avid and loyal College Football fans.....Texas fan since the age of 6! So our Satudays are booked from now til Jan......every now and then we make an exception and sacrifice a Sat for an event, but not very often....I make the exception more than my wife.....she's worse than I am....

White Petunia......yeah, it's pretty bad, but it's worse 55 miles south down in Valdosta, closer to the Fla. line! Thanks for your kind words....I'm very blessed to have these cars.......and the package deal was just something I couldn't pass up.....I really wanted the Cobra being it is what it is, the GT was just the cherry on top.......and couldn't be a better topping in my opinion!

Thanks again for the kind words guys....hope to meet some of you in time!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ASASN said:
Thanks again guys......

boner....The CSX is a 65 Shelby American Cobra 427 Aluminum (Kirkham) Phantom Roadster, Shelby Aluminum 427 Side Oiler, Top Loader 4-Speed, etc.........or to simplify things according to the Shelby World Registry documentation....1 of 10 Phantom Cobras produced, this is #2 of 10 ever produced, no 2 cars are the same color.....mine is Deep Midnite Blue Metallic....hope that answers your queston!

Thanks for the explanation, is the phantom the same as the 40th anniversary car? The 40th anniversary cars have silver colored guages. Who assembled you car, Roy Hunt?

You have a great collection going there... some nice tracks in your area to execise them at as well :biggrin

ASASN

GT Owner
Apr 10, 2006
bony.....car was assembled by Steve Sanderson in Texas!

I don't track the cars that much.....drag or road courses! Yes, you are correct though, there are alot of very fine road courses in our area....I usually reserve the road racing to the Shifter Karts......alot less expensive to repair if you happen to make a mistake.....

Later