New owner in SoCal

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I wish my Nightmist GT500 had a parchment interior (like Mr. MoJoRison‘s). Then again, mine is unrestored too, yours looks pristine. What # is your car (I have #875).

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I just ordered new rear clamshell struts from Kendall at Cooltech. I've replaced the OEM struts before with OEM, and this time around I wanted to try the stronger replacements. My clamshell holds open currently, but only when it feels strong enough against mild breezes.

Thanks for the order Randy. Just for the record, our gas struts are exactly at the OEM specified pressure. Yes, they likely feel a lot stronger than any of the OEM versions that may be available, perhaps only because the OEM versions have been on the shelf for several years and they DO deteriorate in performance.

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
I wish my Nightmist GT500 had a parchment interior (like Mr. MoJoRison‘s). Then again, mine is unrestored too, yours looks pristine. What # is your car (I have #875).
I'm # 1724 not "The blue lady" but my blue lady

Reactions: 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I'm # 1724 not "The blue lady" but my blue lady
875 spent it’s first 20 years in California. A few years ago, Hot Rod magazine ran some vintage photographs from Riverside Raceway and low behold, 875 (with original owner) was in the picture (it still has the CA plates). It was a parade lap feaTuring Mustangs…and one GT500. 😎

DB904583-C1BD-4841-92ED-98FBFD6FCA2A.png

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks for the order Randy. Just for the record, our gas struts are exactly at the OEM specified pressure. Yes, they likely feel a lot stronger than any of the OEM versions that may be available, perhaps only because the OEM versions have been on the shelf for several years and they DO deteriorate in performance.
Ford has new shocks out now. Different vendor

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Adam - thank you for the photo! Too cool. I need one of those in my life. Currently working on resurrecting a newly acquired full size Joust machine for the hangout. Motherboard is toast, ordered a replacement and will clean up the glass and cabinet.

Attachments

• IMG_7693.jpg
    IMG_7693.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: Twturbo

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats! Great collection.

Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congrats on your car

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Congrats Adam! Are you twnturbo on Bringatrailer? I think i saw you there.

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Congrats Adam! Are you twnturbo on Bringatrailer? I think i saw you there.
Yep & i think i pm you for advice on the blue no stripe car a while back on BAT ,but i'm a stripes guy at heart & this one was meant to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: drilling and extrap

intence

Feb 27, 2009
Congrats. It finally came. Hopefully I can pick up another soon 🙂

Reactions: drilling

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This is an old thread that might be of some use to you