New owner in SoCal

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Hi guys i'm Adam i did recently change my profile name i was (67gt500) for a a few months & switched names to match my socials ,but i do know a few guys on here from back in the day i think Ryan & Ed .I've been lurking here for years & finally pulled the trigger on a "05" Midnight Blue low milage, one owner, 3 option car.I was seriously looking for almost a yr but had to have Midnight blue, to go with my very rare "67" Shelby GT500 in Nightmist blue with parchment interior ,with 2 Gt's a week it seemed like on BAT & the usual websites ,still not a single Blue with white stripe (i'm a stripes guy) car in 9 months.A few months back i mentioned on a thread here on the forum, i was looking for a Blue car & B.M.F Dan reached out & said he had a customer ready to let go of a Blue car so we worked out the details & i'm now have my perfect Ford pairing in all blue with white stripes .
I had done a bunch of research here on the forum & knew i wanted to do a few basic things to the car & Dan had done a PPI on the car so we knew some basic wear items needed to be replaced ,like some worn suspension parts & seals,oil change, oil pump belt, new Bridgestone tires as it had the original Goodyears still & replace the tach with an Oem unit .My additional mod list consisted of the rear clam shell latch release kit, blue tooth kit,hard wired battery tender cable, the seat hot buttons,Ford racing muffler & Ford pulley & tune & replace the gray calipers with new red calipers (3 option car) brake flush/bleed,i also wanted to lower the car & just felt the front sits way to high at stock settings.Choose to have the stock shocks coil over kit with adjustable perches installed & we went 1" inch drop in the front & 1/2" inch in the rear ,which made it sit just right in my opinion, very subtle & not obviously lowered which i didn't want.
So just wanted to give Dan B.M.F a shout out for helping me get all these things done & finding the car for me ,received it last week & absolutely love it ,just drove around town a bit so far, till i get full PPF on the whole car later this week then i'll be driving it .I notice some SoCal guys on here i'm at most of the usual Orange County car hot spots on the weekends with my cars so hopefully meet a few guys around ,i do see several GT's around town but i must say i've never seen a Blue one here in SoCal, although i'm sure there's few hiding out .Only thing missing from my list is the hot buttons waiting for the Cooltech guy to get some new stock on those, but i did get the upper pieces from the vendor on here .Here's a few pics ,i plan to be pretty active here on the forum ,like i am on the SAAC forum.IMG_2698.jpgIMG_2700.jpg

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Nice pair. Welcome to the FGT ownership club.

If you plan to drive it, I recommend that y ou do not make a bunch of mods up front. Go drive it a few thousand miles first, then decide what you want to change. Although you may like the lower look, you may decide to stick to stock height for real-word crappy roads, sharp driveway entries/exits, speed bumps, parking lot blocks, etc. Mine is pretty close to stock height, and it doesn't look like it sits too high, unless I park it next to another FGT that was lowered!

Reactions: Twturbo

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Nice pair. Welcome to the FGT ownership club.

If you plan to drive it, I recommend that y ou do not make a bunch of mods up front. Go drive it a few thousand miles first, then decide what you want to change. Although you may like the lower look, you may decide to stick to stock height for real-word crappy roads, sharp driveway entries/exits, speed bumps, parking lot blocks, etc. Mine is pretty close to stock height, and it doesn't look like it sits too high, unless I park it next to another FGT that was lowered!
I only lowered it 1” in the front and 1/2 in the rear for this very reason.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Hi guys i'm Adam i did recently change my profile name i was (67gt500) for a a few months & switched names to match my socials ,but i do know a few guys on here from back in the day i think Ryan & Ed .I've been lurking here for years & finally pulled the trigger on a "05" Midnight Blue low milage, one owner, 3 option car.I was seriously looking for almost a yr but had to have Midnight blue, to go with my very rare "67" Shelby GT500 in Nightmist blue with parchment interior ,with 2 Gt's a week it seemed like on BAT & the usual websites ,still not a single Blue with white stripe (i'm a stripes guy) car in 9 months.A few months back i mentioned on a thread here on the forum, i was looking for a Blue car & B.M.F Dan reached out & said he had a customer ready to let go of a Blue car so we worked out the details & i'm now have my perfect Ford pairing in all blue with white stripes .
I had done a bunch of research here on the forum & knew i wanted to do a few basic things to the car & Dan had done a PPI on the car so we knew some basic wear items needed to be replaced ,like some worn suspension parts & seals,oil change, oil pump belt, new Bridgestone tires as it had the original Goodyears still & replace the tach with an Oem unit .My additional mod list consisted of the rear clam shell latch release kit, blue tooth kit,hard wired battery tender cable, the seat hot buttons,Ford racing muffler & Ford pulley & tune & replace the gray calipers with new red calipers (3 option car) brake flush/bleed,i also wanted to lower the car & just felt the front sits way to high at stock settings.Choose to have the stock shocks coil over kit with adjustable perches installed & we went 1" inch drop in the front & 1/2" inch in the rear ,which made it sit just right in my opinion, very subtle & not obviously lowered which i didn't want.
So just wanted to give Dan B.M.F a shout out for helping me get all these things done & finding the car for me ,received it last week & absolutely love it ,just drove around town a bit so far, till i get full PPF on the whole car later this week then i'll be driving it .I notice some SoCal guys on here i'm at most of the usual Orange County car hot spots on the weekends with my cars so hopefully meet a few guys around ,i do see several GT's around town but i must say i've never seen a Blue one here in SoCal, although i'm sure there's few hiding out .Only thing missing from my list is the hot buttons waiting for the Cooltech guy to get some new stock on those, but i did get the upper pieces from the vendor on here .Here's a few pics ,i plan to be pretty active here on the forum ,like i am on the SAAC forum.View attachment 69102View attachment 69103
Thanks again Adam. Glad to help you get into a one owner car.

Btw your car is a 4 option car, just had grey calipers not red as the 4th option. Black is standard caliper.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats!! (y) 🍻 I think your 2nd pic shows how awesome the blue looks in person; a lot of times it comes across in pics as almost black, which is fine but I prefer to see the blue.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Btw your car is a 4 option car, just had grey calipers not red as the 4th option. Black is standard caliper.
You painted these red then? Looks good (y)

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Welcome, and congratulations!

Since you're going to drive your car, you might consider getting the billet clamshell vents (painted to match). It will look totally OEM but you won't have any problems with warping or cracking, as the original plastic ones sometimes do.

Reactions: RPM217 and Twturbo

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
You painted these red then? Looks good (y)Thanjs & no we actually replaced the calipers with the red ones, I kept the gray ones along with the Goodyear tires and exhaust

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Welcome, and congratulations!

Since you're going to drive your car, you might consider getting the billet clamshell vents (painted to match). It will look totally OEM but you won't have any problems with warping or cracking, as the original plastic ones sometimes do.
Thanks I did check those out and & didn't think about having them painted to match

Last edited:

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal

Ok thanks I didn't realize that I thought gray was the standard color

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
You painted these red then? Looks good (y)
Brand new calipers. Hardly worth the time messing with painting them versus buying new

Reactions: extrap

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Congratulations!
Best color combinations!
Andy (ajb)

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
Congratulations!
Best color option in my opinion!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
congrats! great color

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Met a guy at Peterson C&C a few years back with your same color stripe delete GT. I want to take that bumper car for a ride!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Brand new calipers. Hardly worth the time messing with painting them versus buying new
And if you ever wanted to return it to "stock", you could always reinstall the original calipers. Sounds like Adam bought the car to drive it (as did I), but they are pretty valuable cars at this point so probably not a bad idea to bubble wrap the originals and stick 'em on the shelf.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looking forward to seeing you at the local So Cal meet ups and events! Congrats on a beautiful car and beautiful color.

Just installed the Ahlman Performance Ohlins two weekends ago and love the refinement in handling.

Got any pics of that bumper car in the back?

I just ordered new rear clamshell struts from Kendall at Cooltech. I've replaced the OEM struts before with OEM, and this time around I wanted to try the stronger replacements. My clamshell holds open currently, but only when it feels strong enough against mild breezes.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
And if you ever wanted to return it to "stock", you could always reinstall the original calipers. Sounds like Adam bought the car to drive it (as did I), but they are pretty valuable cars at this point so probably not a bad idea to bubble wrap the originals and stick 'em on the shelf.
Brake fluid attracts moisture so fill the calipers with ATF.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Gorgeous color and BMF is the best!

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Looking forward to seeing you at the local So Cal meet ups and events! Congrats on a beautiful car and beautiful color.

Just installed the Ahlman Performance Ohlins two weekends ago and love the refinement in handling.

Got any pics of that bumper car in the back?

I just ordered new rear clamshell struts from Kendall at Cooltech. I've replaced the OEM struts before with OEM, and this time around I wanted to try the stronger replacements. My clamshell holds open currently, but only when it feels strong enough against mild breezes.
Here you go Syco per your request the bumper car ,i picked this up along with all my memorabilia at the Pomona antique auto swap meet IMG_2708.jpg