New Owner - Found My Midnight Blue!

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
I purchased '06 #1118 yesterday and drove it the 235 miles home, what a "Landjet". It was one of only 4 Midnight Blues left in the Ford Inventory list, a 4 option car with 2.8 miles on it. Still has all the stickers and the seat plastic. (Any advice on removing and preserving the stickers will be appreciated). Zymol wax treatment starts tomorrow. Yesterday was 40 years in the making and the greatest day in my life. Thanks for all your help, I look forward to participating in this forum actively, now that I am finally an Owner.:cheers

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Noobies UNITE! Congrats! You're in for a whole bunch of fun!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I purchased '06 #1118 yesterday and drove it the 235 miles home, what a "Landjet". It was one of only 4 Midnight Blues left in the Ford Inventory list, a 4 option car with 2.8 miles on it. Still has all the stickers and the seat plastic. (Any advice on removing and preserving the stickers will be appreciated). Zymol wax treatment starts tomorrow. Yesterday was 40 years in the making and the greatest day in my life. Thanks for all your help, I look forward to participating in this forum actively, now that I am finally an Owner.:cheers

Congrats!!!!!! 'Bet it only seemed like it took 15 minutes to make the entire trip home, didn't it!:lol

You won't be sorry you bought it. They're really "something else." You're gunna LOVE that thing!:thumbsup

Oh! Excellent color choice, by the way!!!:biggrin

(You might want to seriously think about installing a "windshield film" on the rig real soon to protect same from small stones, etc., BEFORE it takes "a hit.")
(The front fenders have to come off to change a windshield remember.)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
All the best with your newest family member

Shadowman

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations and welcome!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Congratulations!!!!

Out of curiosity, do you know where the other 3 are?

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
Yes, I know where the other 3 are;
One is in Eastern Long Island, 631 765-9200. The Dealership Owner, Howard Lucas, seems set on keeping the car for himself. The other two are in California, one @ North County Ford in Vista. Try contacting the Owner direct at seanc@northcountyjeep.com. They are a Ford dealer and wanted $187K a month ago. It wasn't titled yet but they had around 250 miles on it. They had a different salesman call me everyday, each of them telling me a different price. The other is @ Hemborg Ford in Riverside, but Mr. Hemborg did not have any interest in selling when I contacted his secretary, Hollie Ellis. If you need more info, let me know. The Vista GT was on eBay @ # 2801 0185 2762 with some decent pics.

Last edited:

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
Hey Empty,
Thanks for the info on the Color Production Numbers.
I found that most dealers really don't know much about the production numbers on these cars.:thumbsup

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Yes, I know where the other 3 are;
One is in Eastern Long Island, 631 765-9200. The Dealership Owner, Howard Lucas, seems set on keeping the car for himself. The other two are in California, one @ North Country Ford in Vista. Try contacting the Owner direct at seanc@northcountyjeep.com. They are a Ford dealer and wanted $187K a month ago. It wasn't titled yet but they had around 250 miles on it. They had a different salesman call me everyday, each of them telling me a different price. The other is @ Hemborg Ford in Riverside, but Mr. Hemborg did not have any interest in selling when I contacted his secretary, Hollie Ellis. If you need more info, let me know. The Vista GT was on eBay @ # 2801 0185 2762 with some decent pics.

I tried to buy a gt from north county and they wanted 75 K over sticker in jan of 06 . I also asked about the blue one after I had mine and they wanted in the 200 K range about 3 months ago, so I dont think they really wanted to sell it then.

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
Agreed,
I told them they would be keeping that car for a long time. Is that your Formula Car??

06#1118:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey Empty,
Thanks for the info on the Color Production Numbers.
I found that most dealers really don't know much about the production numbers on these cars.:thumbsup

"No problemo", sir. :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome !!!

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
No it is not me. I post joke avitars all the time.