New owner,First thread, warn me please.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The weight up high raises the CG and makes weight transfer worse while cornering. The better acceleration makes it a worthwhile tradeoff.

I think I said that! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think I said that! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:cheers

Almost, you should have used laterally instead of vertically.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Almost, you should have used laterally instead of vertically.

But da weight be RAISED "vertically" ... which is "bad" ...And it's "bad" because dat den causes pblms laterally...which I assumed peoplez would know - or 'figger' out fer themselves! :willy:willy:willy

Now, doggone it, Clinton! Go back to yur New Year's Eve celebratin'! :lol :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I press clutch in, shift to first, shift to second, shift to reverse, release clutch. It drops right in reverse when I do that process.

Remind me not to sign you up as my get away driver. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Remind me not to sign you up as my get away driver. :lol

Whadaya plannin', Neil? "Curious minds", and all that... :biggrin

('Can't be anythin' too major...after all, Madoff didn't need one!)

('Pbly wishes he'd had one now though...:lol)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I don't recall if anyone else mentioned this-check the nuts that secure the clamshell vents. I had some back completely off. Use blue Locktite or a similar product and tighten the nuts LIGHTLY. By the way, I bought a bag of these nuts from Ford if anyone needs one. They are natural, not black like the original nuts. However, I can black oxide them or you can use the tried and true Sharpie trick.

Also, the filler plug for the transaxle has a sealing washer but the shop manual (my edition at least) didn't show one. Make sure you use the washer.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Welcome to the "Club", however, let me point out that the beauty of this forum is that it is not a club at all but a "Community". A community of belivers without red tape, committees, boards, etc. It is the best form of organized anarchy with one true mission to promote the marque and help one another. Hope to meet you soon.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Welcome to the "Club", however, let me point out that the beauty of this forum is that it is not a club at all but a "Community". A community of belivers without red tape, committees, boards, etc. It is the best form of organized anarchy with one true mission to promote the marque and help one another. Hope to meet you soon.

Thanks Tim That's just the kind of attitude that REALLY makes this forum stand out from the others i have been on. I noticed it right away, no joke im not just blowing smoke, You guys are a real breath of fresh air after being on another forum for one of my other cars :thumbsup:thumbsup

I really appreciate it. Lorenzo

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Warning , Stay away from Jones ,Cmoody Soroush and Waldo !!!! Wild party animals !!!
Very volatile at Rallies!!!

I resemble that remark!:cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on the car and take everyone's advice. My only real recommendation is that you drive it every chance you get and always remember that it's probably more car than you are driver.

What he said!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Warning , Stay away from Jones ,Cmoody Soroush and Waldo !!!! Wild party animals !!!
Very volatile at Rallies!!!

Whoa roketman --I see you left yourself off THAT list. :bs

I know the author has invoked the personal censorship rule.

BTW fjp is Chairman Extraordinaire of the Party Animal division of the GT Forum. :cheers

And of course, after last night's Detroit drink fest, DBK is far and away the leader of the pack for those GT owners that are following him on that road to ruin. still feeling good Davy? Did you ever find your coat? Brrrr it's cold outside.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
congrats on your purchase! I can't believe no has warned you the perpetual problem with FGT ownership!!

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE WHIPPLE/PULLEY & TUNE/TT/3.9 Gears modded boys on this forum!! Otherwise, you'll feel the 550hp as insufficient!! :eek

I, for one, is waiting for my warranty to run out (10 more months to go.....):frown This waiting is killing me, slowwwwwly.:rofl

GTED

Gee Ted - there's a simple solution to waiting for 10 more months. Drive it often and far. Much more fun to get out of warranty due to miles rather than time.:thumbsup

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Congratulations on the car and take everyone's advice. My only real recommendation is that you drive it every chance you get and always remember that it's probably more car than you are driver.

Im sure of that!!! So is this one.

DSCN0113.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Lorenzo: Just remember RED FGTs are the fastest. Its been proven over and over again. Just do a search here for fastest color. Us RED FGT guys have to stick together. Don't be deceived the other colors especially those with solid white FGTs. :eek ........Uh oh! Ooops!:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Im sure of that!!! So is this one.

DSCN0113.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

Is the exhaust on the ZO6 stock? 'Appears it has headers on it, but, I don't recall what the stock manifolds looked like on the one I saw a year or so ago.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Is the exhaust on the ZO6 stock? 'Appears it has headers on it, but, I don't recall what the stock manifolds looked like on the one I saw a year or so ago.

Yes It has LG pro long tube headers, X pipe, Borla stingers,LG tunnel plate, Katech torquer cam, C6R valve covers and springs, katech coil relocation brackets, Haltech killer bee intake Calaway eibach coil overs, phadt raceing sway bars, caravoggio flat bottom stearing wheel, forged 360 wheels on Nitto Invo's, ceramic brakes and a few other things as well. For some strange reason lately all my free time has been spent on a differant car however??? :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes It has LG pro long tube headers, X pipe, Borla stingers,LG tunnel plate, Katech torquer cam, C6R valve covers and springs, katech coil relocation brackets, Haltech killer bee intake Calaway eibach coil overs, phadt raceing sway bars, caravoggio flat bottom stearing wheel, forged 360 wheels on Nitto Invo's, ceramic brakes and a few other things as well. For some strange reason lately all my free time has been spent on a differant car however??? :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Geeeee! Now, what OTHER car could that possibly be! :rofl

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Geeeee! Now, what OTHER car could that possibly be! :rofl

The one he drives! :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006