New Owner, and 1st Question

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
Hello, I am the new owner of Red '05 #159. Car is used, with 4700 miles. I know a few owners here, and some of you may know me from Corvette Forum (traded my C6 Z06 towards this GT). I am sure I will have plenty of upcoming questions about my new used car.

Was checking out two friend's cars this weekend and noticed that my car does NOT have the brown line across the passenger side of the windshield (antenna, or electrical connector?). The wiring to/from my interior mirror goes up to the headliner, rather than to this line on the windshield as on my friend's cars. Is this something found on early cars? Or conversely, I wonder if my windshield has been replaced (although you would think a replacement would have the brown line/connector). Thanks for any and all advice!

Everett Ogilvie

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome!
What radio do you have?
Where you located?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I don't know what he is talking about, I fell like a poor excuse for an owner now :confused

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
during the '05 build, the antenna was moved from the a pillar to the roof. All '06's have the antenna in the roof.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
In the windshield

Mine was built July 2005, 1490, and the antenna is in the windshield.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Welcome aboard Everett. I am Surprised to see that you have Succumb to the Dark Side and traded the Z06 for a GT.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
everetto said:
Hello, I am the new owner of Red '05 #159. Car is used, with 4700 miles. I know a few owners here, and some of you may know me from Corvette Forum (traded my C6 Z06 towards this GT). I am sure I will have plenty of upcoming questions about my new used car.

Everett Ogilvie

Congrats to you Everett! :cheers I don't want to alarm you in anyway but make sure the recall on your car has been addressed! I'm not an expert but a lot of threads on this forum refer to all '05 models with a build # of less then 500 to have suspension arm fractures and a crank issue. I'm sure it has been rectified but better safe then sorry. You will find a lot of helpful people and info on this site and again I'm not wanting to put doubt in your mind, just trying to be informative. Drive it in good health and great choice to trade up.
Dan

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
Thanks Guys. When I got the car I had them pull any/all service info they could for the VIN, and the recalls have indeed been done (suspension pieces, etc.). The A-arms look nice, but I want to visually compare them with the production pieces.

So, have we determined that the windshield on my early car might be the original (no brown line for the antenna or electrical connection)? If "early" cars had unique windshields I would be interested to know the approximate date/VIN of the change.

(the car has the McIntosh sound system).

Thanks again Guys.

cciinc

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Welcome to Ford Country!

I also sold two prized Corvettes to aquire a 2006 GT. I parted with a low mile 95 ZR-1 and a 67 435 coupe. Having been a GM guy for years, it has been difficult chomping down on Crow after Crow. My GM buddies won't talk to me and I burnt so many bridges with the Ford guys 30 years ago that the ones that are still living won't talk either. But it's worth it! The car is awesome and it speaks for it self.
Congradulations and hope you have great luck with the car!

Tom
New Mexico

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
cciinc said:
I also sold two prized Corvettes to aquire a 2006 GT. I parted with a low mile 95 ZR-1 and a 67 435 coupe. Having been a GM guy for years, it has been difficult chomping down on Crow after Crow. My GM buddies won't talk to me and I burnt so many bridges with the Ford guys 30 years ago that the ones that are still living won't talk either. But it's worth it! The car is awesome and it speaks for it self.

Tom
New Mexico

I agree, but I am hanging on to my '67 Vette for the duration.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, I'm also gonna hang on to my 67 big block coupe. It's probably appreciated more than my Ford GT has depreciated... I hope. Love looking at those 2 cars side by side in the garage. AC

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
cciinc said:

Tom
New Mexico
Hi Tom - like you, I have owned and parted with many Corvettes over the years, and we know well the guy who took the ZR-1 off your hands... too bad I couldn't afford to have kept them all, along with the GT!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations and welcome Everetto! :cheers