new owner: 2 questions

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Just got my GT last night and Ive been driving non stop. :biggrin Couple of quick things:

1. I just took out the duffel bag with the car cover and noticed a plug at the end of a wire just sitting in that compartment. It looks kinda like a plug you would have on an electric razor. Anyone know what Im talking about?

2. In my 3-4 hours of driving, the car just turned off 3 seperate times when I came to a stop. Engine temps were never over 205ish. I thought it was because I was low on fuel but it happened once again right after I filled up. ??? On a dry sump setup, am I not supposed to let it get below 1/4 tank???

Kumar

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Just got my GT last night and Ive been driving non stop. :biggrin Couple of quick things:

1. I just took out the duffel bag with the car cover and noticed a plug at the end of a wire just sitting in that compartment. It looks kinda like a plug you would have on an electric razor. Anyone know what Im talking about?

2. In my 3-4 hours of driving, the car just turned off 3 seperate times when I came to a stop. Engine temps were never over 205ish. I thought it was because I was low on fuel but it happened once again right after I filled up. ??? On a dry sump setup, am I not supposed to let it get below 1/4 tank???

Kumar
Kumar,

Congradulations! The car probably has a problem that has been described in the past, as it happened to mine. Check the list here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864

The cable with the plug sounds like your battery trickle charger, sort of...

Hope this helps, Jay
Looks for GTsaver products at: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Last edited:

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
thanks i will read that link

Glad to hear the plug is for the battery charger. I drive the car every couple days so I wont be needing that :)

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Great, now I have to find a dealer I can trust and who wont keep the car for several days. Lets see how this goes.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulations on the new car. You definitely have a problem. Intermittent stalling is not normal by any means. You have quite a few competent people in your area that can service your car. Check the forum for postings and sponsors.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome to the Family !!!! :cheers

boondocksts

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2006
Congrats :thumbsup :bigthumb:

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome & Congratulations!:cheers

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
The stalling is far more wide spread than people realize. Not just on new cars.

Dave

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Thanks guys.

I will take care of it eventually but I didnt want it to be a bummer right away. tonight I left the car in gear and pushed the clutch in slowly whenever I rolled to a stop and the car never died. Jesus, talk about a lot of attention.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Take the car to either Middlekauf Ford up in Plano or Sam Pack Ford in Carrollton. At Middlekauf they know us since they hosted our GT Guys day and take care with the cars. At Sam Pack ask for Brian Youth(sp) hes a great guy and makes sure our cars are taken care of.

Matt

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Check for loose battery cable.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Jesus, talk about a lot of attention.

'You referring to YOU here on the Forum - or the CAR in traffic!!!!:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Thanks guys.

I will take care of it eventually but I didnt want it to be a bummer right away. tonight I left the car in gear and pushed the clutch in slowly whenever I rolled to a stop and the car never died. Jesus, talk about a lot of attention.
Yes, I had one hand on the steering wheel while going around a corner when my engine quit. Due to the instant loss of my power steering, I almost crashed into some other cars.

My local dealer chipped the paint on my fender while replacing the fuel filler neck. Since then, I always put a protective sleeve over the gas pump nozzle to prevent any metal from ending up on the internal O-ring seal of the fuel filler. I have not yet decided to sell this as a product because it looks too weird when using it at the gas pump. Jay

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Take the car to either Middlekauf Ford up in Plano or Sam Pack Ford in Carrollton. At Middlekauf they know us since they hosted our GT Guys day and take care with the cars. At Sam Pack ask for Brian Youth(sp) hes a great guy and makes sure our cars are taken care of.

Matt

thanks for the suggestion man

I will probably take it in next week. Gotta enjoy spring break.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
'You referring to YOU here on the Forum - or the CAR in traffic!!!!:lol :lol :lol

LOL The "what do you do for a living?" and "will you marry me?" might get old soon. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
LOL The "what do you do for a living?" and "will you marry me?" might get old soon. :lol

No they won't!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Well Im taking it in to MIddlekauf Ford tommorrow. The car died 3 seperate times at the same red light. It was only doing it in neutral but not its even doing it in first gear and when I am at a complete stop. :thumbsdown

Whats the over/under on how many days before I get my car back? :frown At least its supposed to rain for like the next week.