mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Hello Ladies and Gentleman,
Two years ago I bought a midnight blue, no stripe, Heffner TT car from Shelby at Elite.
I have been watching here for some time and have learned many valuable things from this great forum.
The advice about Shelby on the forum was spot on, as working with him was absolutely perfect, as was the car.
I have made a number of mods on the car based on what I have learned here.
Now I would like to join you all as a participant.
My Best,
Mark

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome aboard!!!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Welcome Mark. I agree that the information our fellow members share is invaluable.

Vince H

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Welcome to this great place!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Great to see ya here! Was wondering when you would surface :)
Stick around....

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Thanks for the welcome guys!
Looking forward to being part of the family.
Mark

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Welcome Mark. The TT's can be beasts!! They definitely have their own character in contrast to a SC car. Take your time getting to know the car and the limits. I still remeber one of the first TTs we did for the mile venues and we had a lot of datalogging on it. At one point we though we were getting clutch slip in 3rd gear at about 100mph. Upon inspection of the data, it was brief wheelspin!! There's not many cars out there that will want to light it up at 100! Cold surfaces and or small bumps under hard acceleration can be entertaining to say the least. And, as others have said, feel free to chime in - there's a whole lot of collective knowledge here on the forum and no dumb questions. Welcome aboard.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mark, welcome to our little exciting world with your new GT. Be careful while enjoying your monster. Get ready to stand in your garage and just stare at pure beauty and excitement . ENJOY.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Gentlemen,
Thank you for the advice.
It is well received as you know of what you speak.
Right foot on cold tires and pavement is not a good idea.
And, front tires need to be pointed straight ahead.
Like many members here I have cut my teeth on an SC Viper, big inch Superformance Cobra, and SC Vette.
The thing that really gets my attention is my Roe SC Viper pickup.
These high horsepower cars all require "maturity".
I do stand in the garage and stare!
Mark

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
welcome Mark!

Ed

PS Hope to see you at the Rally

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Hey Mark, glad you went public! Great comment about the Viper and GT requiring 'maturity' to drive. So true. Enjoy your car in fun and safety.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Thank you!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Funny story about the effect of this car on people.
A while back the wife and I did a run with the F car guys to benefit Autism Speaks.
At the lunch break a guy driving an Enzo comes up to me and says,"I just can't believe it, we have X million in F cars here and the car getting all the attention is an F ing Ford".
Priceless!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Funny story about the effect of this car on people.
A while back the wife and I did a run with the F car guys to benefit Autism Speaks.
At the lunch break a guy driving an Enzo comes up to me and says,"I just can't believe it, we have X million in F cars here and the car getting all the attention is an F ing Ford".
Priceless!

Ya, but the flip side is most of us at one time or another have been asked whether our car is, (A) A "kit car", or, (B) "The new Mustang!" :lol

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Ya, but the flip side is most of us at one time or another have been asked whether our car is, (A) A "kit car", or, (B) "The new Mustang!" :lol
That couldn't have happened to you, unless you took the picture off of the wall!!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
welcome and post some pics, we all like that!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Welcome, and yes, pics please. Sounds like a fun car.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Haha, rough crowd!
RPM217 I live in PC and believe I have seen you on King St and in Rye Ridge with your previous GT.
Will post some pics as soon as one of my kids shows me how.

Dave pickles

GT Owner
May 26, 2013
Wakefield, England
Hi to all fellow gters,
Iam a new member and i have finaliy got on the forum to tell some storys about owning a gt over in England.I have had a few cars in my time ,noble,porsche gt3rs,f430 all have been good cars ,but theres nothing that turns heads, or stops traffic like the gt. Where ever you go your never alone!I bought the car last july with 3200 miles on the clock a two owner car,a week later it was at the le mans classic 650 miles away,1st tankfull averaged near 30mpg (carnt be right can it?) so try again,i did 28 this time! I drive the as much as possible and road tax is only £220 ayear (f430 over £400!) I service it myself as the dealer is 200 miles away. We have just returned from a trip from Wakefield ,Yorkshire down through the channel tunnel to the 1st stop at the Millau bridge (the worlds tallest suspension bridge) approx 650 miles from home.
Day 2 early start 640 miles ahead via Barcelona, Benidorm to our destination Cortes de baza in Southern spain.In the nine days we were staying in the cave house we visited various destinations inc Gibralter,Albox,Castril including mountain passes and a wonderful dam,Then including a shopping trip for provisions what a challange to fit that in but surprisingly did it there was pop behind the seats etc etc.
The trip home was via Madrid to the ferry at Santander northern Spain which was a 23 hr crossing,It could have proved difficult opening the car doors when parking on the ferry but thankfully it went ok!when waiting to board the ferry we met a 458 spider owner who was expecting to get 16 mpg i replied i would be happy with 25 mpg he laughed.The ferry crossing took us to Portsmouth then had a five hour drive home up the country.3316 miles and average fuel 27.027!car total 14500mi