New member from Germany

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Hi guys,

a big hello from Germany and also a very big thank you for this informative forum. In the past weeks I tried to absorb all the comprehensive information here to be ultimatively prepared in buying my 1st supercar. Of course in reality it went totally different, on thursday I inspected this 2006 blue-white monster (2nd car I visited, and surprisingly it was in the same town I live in) and was totally hooked after the owner turned on the engine (ok, the paint scheme is not bad either) :facepalm: So in the end, after 45 minutes it was absolutely clear that I was in need of this car and on friday the deal was closed :biggrin

The previous owner bought the car from Loder (small tuning company) who imported it in 2006 from the US, added some big 21" wheels and carbon air intakes, changed some things on the engine (+exhaust) so it is producing 630 hp on the wheels. Otherwise it is stock and has 6500 miles on the odometer. I am pretty sure that I will enjoy this car as much as everyone else on the forum.

I am having an IT background in software development, but have done other things before. Do not wonder that I might ask a few questions in the near future, here in Germany these cars are everything else than common (I never saw one on the streets prior buying). If you have any questions, just let me know and I will happily answer.

Matthias

PS: What do I need to do support this forum more, guess there is some kind of membership ?

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Wilkommen! Viel Spaß mit ihrem neuen Spielzeug!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
A very warm welcome to you. Yes there is are memberships; annual or lifetime which you can subscribe to. This is a very helpful forum which you have probably seen if you have visited often. Lots of help and tips have already been contributed. A couple of key things to be aware of. The car can get away from you quickly if you are not familiar with lots of horsepower; the back end can break loose so be ready for it. Also, if you leave it parked for some time, make sure you "plug" it in with the charger that came with the car.

Welcome and enjoy your car. Post some pictures!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Matthias, Welcome To Our little GT Group of friendly, happy owners. Enjoy this Forum and your New Ford GT. Tomy Hamon

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats, and welcome. Keep the shiny side up.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Hi Mathias

There are guite some GT's in Germany. Sascha is the man to talk to over there and lives about 1km from the Nordschleife. He's got a customer with 7 FGT's !

He's currently doing a Lambda -TT conversion on my black one.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Thanks for the warm welcome messages.

Some of your advice has already been take care of. Still looking for applying for a membership. Whom do I need to contact ?

Matthias

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Matthias, please check some of the recent old threads. I believe some the European GT owners are getting together the last weekend in August in Berlin. Desi (GT owner) is there. Are you on Main or on Oder?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Main of course :) i found a link somewhere but seems my membership status wasn't sufficient.

August sounds good.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Since you are not an owner, you do not have access to Private Messages and the owner's thread.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
How to get owner Status ?

Sorry for asking, didn't find anything in profile or settings.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You contact one of the Moderators and DBK must change your status to Owner from Spectator. Moderators are: DBK, ChipBeck, Tim Cantwell and Shelby 18.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Matthias,

I sent a private message to Dave B telling him you'd like some membership info. He used to be DBK. He is now DB4-12K.

Gary

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Thank you very much, that's very encouraging.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
If that isn't fast service, I don't know :)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If that isn't fast service, I don't know :)

:thumbsup :biggrin