:banana PIKO6

Attachments

• DYNO4.jpg
    DYNO4.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 6,529

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Very impressive. But hard to believe a pulley will do that alone, 100 hp increase.

Dave

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Stupid question: What is the drawback of a shorter pulley?

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Very cool piko6, any chance you can give us the specs and sources of the parts you used??

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
wonkawonka said:
Stupid question: What is the drawback of a shorter pulley?

If it gets to be too small it can over tax and over heat the supercharger causing pre-mature wear at the least and potentially other problems.

Same if the boost is played around with.

Dave

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome numbers! So this was only on a chip and pulley, or were there other supporting mods? 625 on just those wouldn't surprise me, considering the 4.6 DOHC will put down 600+ with a bit over 20#s from a twin screw and a few supporting mods.

The most interesting thing for me is how it affects the character of the car. I don't know a single person that's drivien the car that doesn't agree it could easily handle more hp without killing the balance or turning it into a straight line-only car. I think 625-650rwhp would be ideal. How is it?

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Fing awesome dude!

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
I think with the twin screw you shouldn't have to many worries about overheating the blower at least at this boost level. Usually overspinning and heating the blower results in a power loss as the engine nears redline. As you can see, the motor makes power all the way up the rev range. Nice numbers, give us a report on how the car drives :thumbsup

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
Thnak you all on the comments!!

i have indeed only done the computer at first and then the pulley..
must thank dustin whipple for the instruction how to do it...

the numbers are very real and the car feels insane now
given that the cars gearing is very tall now it feels really tight

my next move is the rubber (more of it.)

1st gear right now is almost useless second gear breaks loose between 3-4 k RPM 3rd gear is awesome 4th is out of control..

i am still only using 93 octane gas. I never did use higher than that..

The car feels very natural with all this power on it the sound of the scharger is a bit different (higher pitched).. VERY VERY RESPONSIVE throttle and the PSI on the boost gauge does get burried now since the max PSI is now 21 istead of 12.5

thanks

piko6

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
piko6 - if i am hearing you right you are saying that stock your motor made 12.5 psi and now you are making 21 psi :eek man that is a big increase in boost. i assume you are running some kind of boost guage other than you stock boost guage? if so what source are you using to guage your boost with? i would have thought that at that boost level you would me puttin down at least 650 rwhp. i bet if you were to tune your motor to run on 100 octane unleaded that you will make at least 675 rwhp. 104 octane unleaded might just just make 700 rwhp. i assume you are not running the stock spark plugs anymore? what kind of plugs are you runnin now and what are they gapped at? also how much timing are you runnin now?? it looks like your A/F ratio is 12.5:1???

are you running the stock header, cats and exhaust sytem? for some reason i think you are. at this boost level if you get the bigger header and ditch the cats and go with a custom built straight thru exhaust system you should be looking at 750 rwhp with a tune for 104 octane.

Last edited:

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
FAST FREDDY!!!

I wil be honest with you....

i have done everything stock except for the computer program and the pulley including spark plugs boost gauge and exhaust etc etc

the reason i know i am pumping that much is becuase whipple said so with th epulley i have they did testing before i put my pulley on mine..

the gas is indeed only 93 regular octane and that is it..

i agree with you though that the car can indeed do more safely with more mods,,, the biggest concern at this point is definately rubber...

i loose traction in second gear without touching the clutch

thanks

piko :biggrin

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
so you are using the stock blower then with a different pulley? whipple has 2 different sized superchargers, a 2.3 L and a 3.3 L. the same pulleys on these different superchargers will make different amounts of boost. so if you are comparing your stock supercharger to the 3.3 L supercharger then you are not making 21 PSi of boost. now if you are comparing your pulley to the pulley that whipple uses on there 2.3 L supercharger than you probably are making 21 psi of boost. did you verify which supercharger whipple is using to get their results with your pulley sizes? i know dustin at whipple is doing work with a ford GT and the 3.3 L supercharger. i run whipples 2.3L supercharger on my muscle boat engine. with a 502 cubic inch chevy V-8 marine engine and a mere 6.5 psi of boost i dyno'd 688 hp and 789 tq on a engine dyno this week. i have include a copy of my dyno sheet here :thumbsup

6986scan0007_-_resized-med.jpg

Last edited:

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
FAST FREDDY

i am just repeating of what dustin said the psi would be,.....

he said 21 psi on my 2.3 L as the way he tested it...

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
WOW!
The shape of the torque curve is interesting.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Hmm...I expected much more than that @ 21 PSI. Mabey I should skip on building up a 5.7+L engine from a Ford GT block and heads:willy

Basic bolt-ons, stock longblock 04 cobras put that rwhp down at 21 PSI with a tune, coupled with more drivetrain loss than a Ford GT. I know the GT heads for sure and most likely the cams are flowing a ton more air than the 4.6L eaton engine.

The torque curve is outstanding though...

Edit: 1 more thing. IMO I would be very careful running 93 octane with that much boost.

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
FYI:

On the Dallas Mustang web page, they state that their pulley provides 18 psi of boost...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
pump up the bass

one of 101 said:
FYI:

On the Dallas Mustang web page, they state that their pulley provides 18 psi of boost...

I'm going into clinic 23rd december... 21 psi, make no mistake... I want it hard, girls ! :biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
WhiteBlueGT said:
they may try and void the warranty but I also heard thay they can't void it unless they can prove it had something to do the the parts that failed.

This is true, but more boost can pretty much be cited as a component of any type of engine failure. That said, I honestly wouldn't worry about anything going wrong, at 21lbs, most certainly not with the block.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK said:
This is true, but more boost can pretty much be cited as a component of any type of engine failure. That said, I honestly wouldn't worry about anything going wrong, at 21lbs, most certainly not with the block.

Here is the dope:
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of the law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle maker's brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name...” (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).