New Heritage owner

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I finally pulled the trigger and am the proud new owner of an '06 Heritage GT. Lots of future questions for the experts on here but for now I only have one.

The previous owner said that all Heritage Edition cars were 'hand painted'. Is that true? If so, only for this color schema?

Thanks for any info you may have on this.

PS On these boards, I am listed as 'spectator'. Is there anyway to get listed as 'owner'?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Welcome Ramair. Everybody loves the Heritage.

Vince H

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hi Guys,

I finally pulled the trigger and am the proud new owner of an '06 Heritage GT. Lots of future questions for the experts on here but for now I only have one.

The previous owner said that all Heritage Edition cars were 'hand painted'. Is that true? If so, only for this color schema?

Thanks for any info you may have on this.

PS On these boards, I am listed as 'spectator'. Is there anyway to get listed as 'owner'?

Done!

Congratulations on the new car.

:cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
All GTs were quote "hand painted", as in, not painted by a machine on an assembly line. Each car was also hand wetsanded and buffed. Some panels were painted more than once, so a paint meter will not indicate post production paint work on most Ford GTs.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Welcome to the friendliest forum I have ever seen. I'm new here too and can't believe how sharp these people are. There is always someone here that can answer any GT question and glad to do it. They even make upgraded improved parts and offer them to the owners of the forum, most likely at a loss once you figure in their time. These people are incredible as many of them either worked on the Ford GT program or are race car drivers, computer techs, doctors, jet fighter pilots, professional golfers, mechanics, and ordinary people like me who just loves cars in general. Go to "my profile' to update your info re: owner.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Congratulations.....now post pics or it didn't happen!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup

Consider coming to Rally 10 in Dearborn at the end of August! We'd love to see you there!

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats, let the fun begin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Welcome and congrats!

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
You all are so friendly! I feel very welcome and thanks for the answer about the painting and the INSTANT change to 'owner' from the admin folks. Awesome!

LOL! on the post pics comment or it never happened. I tell you what, I am itching to drive it! Car arrived on Sunday May 3rd and it has rained every day since! And I live in a near desert (Colorado). Very unusual weather. Anyhow the car is stuck in my garage but I will post the 'first' pic of it coming off the transport at midnight Sunday. That was tough to watch. The shipper had to pull some Dukes of Hazard action just to get in the car! Not a very clear pic but a historic one for me! I also have a story about the transport from the previous day that ended up funny but to me was harrowing for about 6h. More on that later this weekend. :)

Thanks again guys (and gals?) :)IMG_0707.jpg

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Welcome !
You just got yourself a timeless beauty. Enjoy it (driving it, of course) in good health.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Car arrived on Sunday May 3rd and it has rained every day since! And I live in a near desert (Colorado). Very unusual weather.

Where in CO? It's been nothing compared to 9/11/13 when the 13 foot wall of water came through Lyons. The Lyons folks are getting paranoid though. A friend moved his cars to higher ground in my garage.

We had a wet spring about 10 years ago, and then it didn't rain again until some time in September.

Congrats on the car!

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
We live near Boulder and yep people here are ultra paranoid re: 2013 flood re-lapse....Thankfully we missed it since we moved to Co in June of 2014 (from south Florida).

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Congrats.

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
Thanks Simon. I cant wait to drive it. :) Its been raining non stop since she arrived on Sunday!

I am a GT virgin....

This video has me beyooooond stoked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frr6PDLLDyU

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
Guys,
How easy/straightforward is it to replace the numbers on the Heritage cars? Something most on here would do themselves? I am reasonably handy but not sure if this is worth considering or not. I have '5' now but down the road in a year or 2 I may want to swap out. Also where can we find replacement numbers and how much do they go for?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Guys,
How easy/straightforward is it to replace the numbers on the Heritage cars? Something most on here would do themselves? I am reasonably handy but not sure if this is worth considering or not. I have '5' now but down the road in a year or 2 I may want to swap out. Also where can we find replacement numbers and how much do they go for?

It's very easy to replace the numbers and certainly something you can do yourself. It's about as difficult as putting an optical screen protector on a phone or iPad. Ford sold a kit at one time. I'm not sure if they are still avialable, but you can have any vendor who does this sort of thing make you whatever numbers you want. Some members here have made them in the past. Perhaps they will chime in. Also, search "custom static clings for cars" on the Internet Machine.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The number kit that came with the cars was available from Ford when I looked in 2011 the going price was about 2500. The gt guys will make whatever numbers you want.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Thanks Simon. I cant wait to drive it. :) Its been raining non stop since she arrived on Sunday!

Welcome! Shoot a PM my way when you are ready for a cruise.... if it ever stops raining... I'm over in Lafayette.

You ever go to the Boulder/Lafayette C&C?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome and congrats.
Best,
Mark