New guy!

Titanboy_24

Jun 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Hey Guys,

My Name is Lucas Scarfone, I'm 16 and I live in Ontario, Canada. I have admired the new GT since it first came out, it is simply amazing! I am an amateur photographer as well, you can see some of my pictures on my web site (www.scarfonephoto.com). I've been lucky enough to get the opportunity to shoot a black w silver stripes GT in the near future, so with permission from the owner I'll be sure to post the photo's here after. Are there any members from around the Ontario area? I'm looking forward to learning more about one of my favorite supercars!

Take Care,

Lucas

Last edited:

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Good to see you here Lucas. I bet you can guess why Im here. Dont tell anyone yet :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome lucas, when you come to fresno, stop by for a giant steak, ice cold beer, big nasty black :biggrin cigar and GT ride :thumbsup

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
bony said:
welcome lucas, when you come to fresno, stop by for a giant steak, ice cold beer, big nasty black :biggrin cigar and GT ride :thumbsup

Careful with the cigar grandpa, he said he is 16 :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AZGT said:
Careful with the cigar grandpa, he said he is 16 :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

ok, hey kid, when you come to Fresno, we will take a ride in the GT and then we will have milk and cookies :cool :thumbsup :tongue :cool

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And meet the avatar girls? Even I'd come for that!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Bony, this reminds me of an amusing aside....

On the Aston Martin forum there was a young guy of 15 who was clearly a massive Aston Martin enthusiast. He pitched onto the forum with an incredible amount of passion, knowledge and a degree of humility and was accepted by us all within a few months as being 'one of the gang', despite his youth.

His biggest wish was to visit the UK and to see Astons being made - however being only 15 this was something rather out of reach financially.

So, being a nice guy, I said OK, you come to England - I'll pay your airfares and you can quench your thirst of Aston Martins.

What I hadn't figured, in my genuine innocence, was the check with mum and dad.... "mum, dad, I've met these guys in England on an internet chat room and they want to fly me out to the UK to meet with them......". :lol

The long and short is that his dad is bringing him to the UK this coming August as a result - and I'll take them for lunch in London and make a fuss of them. So it worked out. But I thought it was amusing that I had completely ignored how this might look from the other end of the telescope! Certainly if my son or daughter was about to fly off to America to meet some 'guys' from the internet I'd be worried!!

So Lucas - if you're ever in London, look me up. But bring your dad...!

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Neil, I may be in my 30's but are you grooming me?!? :rofl

The thought never crossed my mind... should I be worried?!? :biggrin

The problem is that we are all generally passionate about cars, and more than happy to help as a result of this shared enthusiasm. However, the world is a cold and cynical PC-gone mad bundle of nerves and as such makes you feel like you should change the way you approach situations.

As a side note - my daughter - who is 3 - has wanted me to go and watch her swimming class for weeks. So this Monday I thought, why not!

I cut the time from my schedule and went to watch both my daughter and wife in the local Health Club pool (note, not a public pool). My wife asked me to take our camera, so that I could take some shots of them and send them to our family in Canada.

So, class is over - pool is clear bar 3 other mothers, and 3 other children, all of whom my wife knows. I now decide to take some pictures of my two (no one else was in the pictures and it was obvious that they were not in range - or even background of the photos I took); however, the swimming teacher came over and gave me a lecture (in a nice Private Healthclub fashion) about the Children’s protection act and how I was not allowed to take pictures in the pool area because other children could be captured on film!

:eek

These are the same people that have stopped parents from video recording school concerts for exactly the same reason - including nativity plays!??

:bs

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Lucas,

Can't wait to see the photos of the GT! :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My daughter is 8 years and my wife and I ran into this one a while back - no cameras in the swimming pool. Actually I'm happy with that, I just didn't consider that the photographs could be wrongly used, end up on the web etc.

As to the Nativity plays - our school bans that because they have their own professionally shot videos, yours for $35. Nice work if you can get it!

Titanboy_24

Jun 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Neilda said:
Bony, this reminds me of an amusing aside....

On the Aston Martin forum there was a young guy of 15 who was clearly a massive Aston Martin enthusiast. He pitched onto the forum with an incredible amount of passion, knowledge and a degree of humility and was accepted by us all within a few months as being 'one of the gang', despite his youth.

His biggest wish was to visit the UK and to see Astons being made - however being only 15 this was something rather out of reach financially.

So, being a nice guy, I said OK, you come to England - I'll pay your airfares and you can quench your thirst of Aston Martins.

What I hadn't figured, in my genuine innocence, was the check with mum and dad.... "mum, dad, I've met these guys in England on an internet chat room and they want to fly me out to the UK to meet with them......". :lol

The long and short is that his dad is bringing him to the UK this coming August as a result - and I'll take them for lunch in London and make a fuss of them. So it worked out. But I thought it was amusing that I had completely ignored how this might look from the other end of the telescope! Certainly if my son or daughter was about to fly off to America to meet some 'guys' from the internet I'd be worried!!

So Lucas - if you're ever in London, look me up. But bring your dad...!

Wow, thats an amazing story! I joined ferrarichat.com when I was only 14 years old, I have always been kind of mature for my age so I never posted anything stupid etc. The guys there were amazingly supportive of my passion for Ferrari's and one of them even gave my my first ride in one.

Even now that I am 16 I feel like one of the group at meets and track days. It's people like you who give us young enthusiasts the motiviation to work harder and strive to attain these cars in the future. Once I got a tase of what it was like to ride in such amazing cars I won't settle for anything less :biggrin If I am ever in the UK you will be the first to know!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Thanks Lucas!

Some of the reasons I encourage and support enthusiasm for cars of this type are firstly to keep you off motorbikes until you're a bit older and secondly to show you that hard work does eventually pay off! There are no short cuts.

So keep your studies up - do the best you can. I know that sounds a bit old fashioned - but do keep at it.

Anytime you're in the UK let me know.

Neil