New Guy in the Fold

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
This is my first post on this forum. I have always wanted a Ford GT and my bank account finally agreed.

I assume am the newest Ford GT owner having just gotten my car yesterday. It is a 2005 with Vin 0157 and is red/white. I have 3 of 4 options. It had 171 miles yesterday and will have more today. I plan on using the car 500 to 1000 miles a year. I am not planning on telling anyone a few years from now that it has 250 miles.

I did not get the optional wheels but would like to get a set although the std wheels look fine in my opinion. I know that a set of option wheels is crazy expensive but if any of you have a line on some I would appreciate it. I want good ones and they can be with or without tires. Because I know what the new ones are from Ford I am prepared for the news.

Let me know if you have any tips for these.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to the site! Check out the FAQs here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-Ford-GT-F.A.Qs

Should be some good reading to start.

Check with either of these guys for take off optional wheels:

richbrooks@thegtguy.com

shelby@eliteautosllc.com

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats, and welcome!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
You just made one of the best decisions of your life. Enjoy...and remember Cold tires + Full throttle 1st gear do not mix well.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Congratulations on getting your car and welcome to the best auto board ever!!

Re: optional forged wheels, you'll find 'em through DBK's referrals or Fleabay or ?? They are around.

Re: one of the options your car did arrive with, the subwoofer monster between the seats -- some like it, most don't. If you don't, again DBK's referrals can help correct w/o destroying originality.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Welcome- from North Texas.

Enjoy!

Eddie

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations and welcome to the BEST Forum around. Houston is attracting a good group of Ford GT owners in recently purchased GT's. We have a great group of owners in and around the Houston area. As some will tell you "you might as well move a chair to your garage so you can just sit and admire your new GT". You'll see what I mean soon. Welcome aboard. Tomy Hamon

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CONGRATS and welcome to our little zoo!

(...you may as well set up your folding chair in the garage next to your GT right now.) ('Inside joke that you'll "get" very shortly! :lol)

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
Congratulations and welcome to the BEST Forum around. Houston is attracting a good group of Ford GT owners in recently purchased GT's. We have a great group of owners in and around the Houston area. As some will tell you "you might as well move a chair to your garage so you can just sit and admire your new GT". You'll see what I mean soon. Welcome aboard. Tomy Hamon
Tomy, you are the guilty party for getting me started on this. Your GT was the first one that I saw at Lakewood Wheels & Keels. I used to be a mechanic at Russell & Smith so I had always had an affinity for Fords. I had my 355 in the show that year. Still have that and now with the Ford GT parked next to it. Hopefully we have an event in our area in the near future

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Congrats
I am getting very close myself. I hope to report good news by the end of FEB.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats and welcome!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Welcome! And nice color....

H

HHGT

Welcome and a great color. The forum will provide endless source of knowledge and access to some of the best car guys in the world.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Congratulations on the best acquisition for a car! You could also look at some hot aftermarket wheels if you're going to spend some $ for wheels. There are plenty of gorgeous wheels in all sizes!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Welcome to the brotherhood.

Congrats. Awesome car and awesome forum. You will love both.

BTW. Great color choice.... and the fastest color too (don't let them tell you otherwise here).

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Welcome from the Left coast.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Think of it this way.Your Ford Gt is like the hot chick you never get sick of!
Read up on the Ford Gt forum rallies .The best time you can have if you're a Ford Gt owner!
Welcome to the club and enjoy.You can join to get more options on the forum.Ask DBK

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum. PD

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome Mooney56! You chose the best car forum around to join. All great guys (& gals) - well, watch out for the Dr Frank fellow. I wish I could say that I kept my GT to a low mileage limit but I can't stop driving it. I'm at 36,000+ with no end in sight. I guess it's a toy for me & not an investment. Congrats on the cool car!

Ed

PS I love all the colors of the GT!