New GT Tub Question

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
I have a question regarding the carbon fiber monocoque in the new GT. Is it a full tub, including the pillars and roof (ala the LaFerrari), or is it a less complicated "Safety Cell" just featuring the bottom half, or so of a tub, like McLarens use?

I know we've seen that the tub obviously is visible at the door sills and portions of it make up the dashboard, but I've not been able to find out whether it includes the roof/pillars/etc. My guess would be no, but I've been wrong before.

La Ferrari
Ferrari-F70-carbon-monocoque-placement2-626x382.jpg

McLaren
0910_HPC_FOD2.jpg

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hope it has a safety cage, otherwisw it will be excluded from certain competitions.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
This is very interesting. I did not know there was a difference in McLaren and Ferrari tubs. I assumed they were all the same.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
That pic is a 12C/650 tub. The P1 tub is like the LaF tub.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472091364.000935.jpg

P1 monocoque.

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
I got to crawl all over the car at Laguna Seca early in the morning and I think it is a full tub...ie roof + pillars (safety cell). Weight savings were certainly extremely important and I have heard claims the power/weight ratio will be the best in the market so I would assume full "safety cell". I also notice the glass in the doors and other areas was extremely thin...
No mufflers either

Brian

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I have it on good authority that it has a full cage, good news 'cos that means I can run it in the high speed classes at the Big Bend Open Road Race