New GT Specs are here

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!
Just waiting for the email to order! CANT WAIT!!!!!
I know you are all going to race it to the local cars and coffee! So I understand why HP and weight numbers are so important!
Im willing to bet 99% of us will not be able to drive it at its limits on the street or the race track!
So just enjoy owning, driving and sharing a true legend!
Just my simple minded 02

I hear you man! The nice thing about Big horsepower if you're slow on the twisty sections you can make it up in the straights!! Big horsepower and fantastic brakes help me catch up . That's My Style ..:biggrin

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I hear you man! The nice thing about Big horsepower if you're slow on the twisty sections you can make it up in the straights!! Big horsepower and fantastic brakes help me catch up . That's My Style ..:biggrin

:lol

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Dialing in the full wet Weight :

Car = 3054 lbs ( Ford)
Fuel = 92.72 lbs (15.2 gal x 6.1 lbs / gal) ( Ford listed capacity)
H2O / block coolant = 41.86 lbs ( 20.1 Qts x 2.0825) ( Ford listed capacity. wght based on 8.33 lbs/ gal )
Engine oil = 27.54 lbs ( 15.3 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
Hydraulic Sys. Fld = 15.3 lbs ( 8.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans gear oil = 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )
* Trans Clutch Fluid= 11.7 lbs ( 6.5 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( * estimated capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Brake Fluid = 1.98 lbs ( 1.1 qts x 1.8 lbs) ( Ford listed capacity. oil wght based on 7.2 lbs/ gal )

Total wet weight not including washer fluid should be 3256 lbs +/- a few pounds. I had the estimate the transmission fluids. I couldn't find the hard capacity numbers..

If we go by Raj Nair's quote, the car weighs 3173 with all fluids except fuel. 15.2 lbs of fuel weighs 93.9 lbs, so that brings the total wet weight to 3269. But yea, we're all in the ballpark.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
The car in that test session was a car with standard wheels, standard air conditioner, standard radio and standard exhaust.

The Heritage car comes equipped with air conditioner and radio, and the CF wheels are not available for it. You cannot delete the air con or radio from the Heritage car.

Do we know how much weight adding the carbon wheels and removing the AC and radio will save?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do we know how much weight adding the carbon wheels and removing the AC and radio will save?

Carbon wheels are 9.1kg total. Exhaust is 22 lbs. Ti lugs about 2 lbs. The rest puts the car in the 31XXs.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I did 2.42 in my Tesla P100D.... and 2.61 in my McLaren....

Tesla has made 0 to 60 times pretty much irrelevant.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
16f662f82cb6b0ab967b65eec5f2e757.jpg

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA

Amazing!!!! More please!!

Is the silver one TT-05 or a new silver with a single center stripe?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That one is TT-05.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

When I see this picture, I think, "who gives a crap about horsepower and weight?". This is the most bad-ass looking car ever built!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What's the red line limit?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Yes very clean and not over done.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
0-60 mph times were irrelevant before Teslas were clipping off 0-60 times under 3 seconds. Acceleration from 60 to... is what its all about. I am sure that the NFGT will be a rocket from a roll while being able to stop and turn on par with or as good as the best of the best super/hyper on the road. Would really love to see Billy Johnson take a shot at a dry Nurburgring. Could a sub-7 min lap around the Nordschleife be possible for the NFGT? I think so. I am sure that Raj, Dave P., Jamal and the Multcimatic guys have "thought" about this as well. Looking forward to seeing what happens... If you're going to go out and dominate the competition then you might as well check all of the important boxes. LeMans - check, Daytona 24 - get the pencil ready, Vmax of 216 mph is as fast as any hypercar short of the new Chiron - check, Nurburgring is probably not too far down the list.

sub 7 min ring time? now that would be something...

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
0-60 mph times were irrelevant before Teslas were clipping off 0-60 times under 3 seconds. Acceleration from 60 to... is what its all about. I am sure that the NFGT will be a rocket from a roll while being able to stop and turn on par with or as good as the best of the best super/hyper on the road. Would really love to see Billy Johnson take a shot at a dry Nurburgring. Could a sub-7 min lap around the Nordschleife be possible for the NFGT? I think so. I am sure that Raj, Dave P., Jamal and the Multcimatic guys have "thought" about this as well. Looking forward to seeing what happens... If you're going to go out and dominate the competition then you might as well check all of the important boxes. LeMans - check, Daytona 24 - get the pencil ready, Vmax of 216 mph is as fast as any hypercar short of the new Chiron - check, Nurburgring is probably not too far down the list.

Would love to see that with a top notch driver that knows the ring on a dry day. I agree with you, will be under 7 minutes because of the superior aerodynamics of the GT.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I wonder what it can do at WGI full course with a set of slicks.....

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Looks like I see a strong preference for the No Stripe option based on DBK's photo. That would be my choice also if by some miracle I get selected for last 250 cars.

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
When I see this picture, I think, "who gives a crap about horsepower and weight?". This is the most bad-ass looking car ever built!

Drop the mic because nothing more needs said.

Vince H

*The specs are what Ford promised as far as I'm concerned.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
The car is straight crack

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I wonder what it can do at WGI full course with a set of slicks.....
I let you know what it does with the Pilot sport cups around the Glen! Wonder if will be faster than my Cup car
Heres what it looks like in my 05 996 GT3 cup car 1.56.5
The previous best time in a 996 gt3 cup was Leh Keen at a 156.9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3r2iHlGTo

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The car is straight crack

......and I'm as nervous as a crack baby waiting on mine!