New Gt Lacking Performance - Any Ideas ?

JOHN DISALVATORE

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2006
POTOMAC MARYLAND
MY NEW GT IS LACKING PERFORMANCE BIG TIME - ANY THOUGHTS ?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well you must be a professional racer! What street cars have you driven, or owned that have a faster top speed, quicker acceleration, or better cornering?

BlackICE

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I know! I know! Because it is a Ford POS! :wink
Maybe you have it in reverse.
Maybe you are mistakingly stepping on the center pedal.
Oh, did you try pushing the button that reads "START".
If none of these apply, please be more specific.
Sounds like a troll to me.

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Lack of performance

Could it be that you haven't driven enough continuous miles yet? A new GT is inhibited by the computer until you drive something like 20 continuous miles. Then the machine starts performing as expected. It's set up that way to prevent pedal stomping joy rides by the folks testing and preparing your vehicle. This specific topic has been addressed in other threads if you search.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Emergency brake

The emergency brake handle should be down.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
JOHN DISALVATORE said:
MY NEW GT IS LACKING PERFORMANCE BIG TIME - ANY THOUGHTS ?

Troll! :bs

Pipelion

I haven't bought one yet because they don't break the darn sound barrier.

Allan :frown

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
:thumbsup
fjpikul said:
The emergency brake handle should be down.

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
Trolling without bait

Spectator.....that means its all in your head.....add some premium gas.

and a match

Art T :bs

JOHN DISALVATORE

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2006
POTOMAC MARYLAND
Thanks for your reply. My GT now has 500 miles and the performance has not improved at all. I professionally raced cars for ten years until 2003. This car has a hard time turning the tires over in 1st or 2nd gear. maybe the timing is a issue. The boost goes to 13 under power. ??????????

JAM-GT said:
Could it be that you haven't driven enough continuous miles yet? A new GT is inhibited by the computer until you drive something like 20 continuous miles. Then the machine starts performing as expected. It's set up that way to prevent pedal stomping joy rides by the folks testing and preparing your vehicle. This specific topic has been addressed in other threads if you search.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
John

The car is quick but not the fastest car made. Thus are your expectations too high? The car is approximately a 11.8-12.0 second quarter mile car. Is this what you expected or did you believe it would beat just about anything. The Carrera GT and Saleen are substantially quicker for example but much more money.

Dave

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I believe the Bugatti is a tad quicker too. Perhaps sir would prefer that one? :biggrin

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Take it to a chassis dyno and see what it lays down. Should be 500+ I heard 532 from one source. If not find a good dealer and start whining.

One of the guys at Dallas Mustang said that there is a lot of timing pulled out at low rpm. They have a tune that fixes that, but your warranty might get pulled if you load the tune.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
JOHN DISALVATORE said:
Thanks for your reply. My GT now has 500 miles and the performance has not improved at all. I professionally raced cars for ten years until 2003. This car has a hard time turning the tires over in 1st or 2nd gear. maybe the timing is a issue. The boost goes to 13 under power. ??????????

Put the car on a dyno a check it out...

Just tried to Google you but not much came up... but is this you: HERE
No wonder the GT feels a bit slow if you're use to go the distance in 7.670

:lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Slow GT

It's been covered in previous threads, if the tires and the pavement are cold, you don't get off the line as fast as when it is warm. Maryland seems kind of cool this time of year, not like the boys have it in sunny Calif and Florida......but, if it's not at least jerking your head back something must be wrong!

NASTYGT

GT Owner
Mar 14, 2006
Long Island
Sounds Like There Is A Problem . I Wiped Out My First Set Of Rears In Only 3000 Miles . My Car New Had 15psi Maybe Air Intake Problem Like A Bad Filter Or Two. Back To The Dealer If You Can Find One Willing To Work On It.

JOHN DISALVATORE

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2006
POTOMAC MARYLAND
BLACKICE, I ALSO HAVE A SL65 - E55 BENZ AND THE FORD FOR STREET CARS. I HAD EVERY MUSCLE CORVETTE FROM 1966 TO 1970 (THE 427/425 AND 435'S). ALSO HAD IN 1969 A COPO CAMARO AND THE LIST GOES ON. BUT RIGHT NOW I AM TRYING TO GET THE FORD TO RUN BETTER. I TOOK IT TO THE TRACK SUNDAY AND FROM AN IDLE OFF THE LINE IT RAN 12.52 @ 122. I THINK IT SHOULD BE 1 SECOND BETTER AND 4-6 MPH MORE. I WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINION ON THESE NUMBERS IF YOU ARE A PERFORMANCE NUT TOO. ALSO WHAT CHANGES HAVE TURNED OUT TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE. THANKS JD

BlackICE said:
Well you must be a professional racer! What street cars have you driven, or owned that have a faster top speed, quicker acceleration, or better cornering?

BlackICE

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
12.5? What kind of 60ft? You should easily roll a half second off that with any kind of decent 60. 122mph, especially on such a tractable mid-engine car shouldn't make you spin too bad unless the track is very poorly prepped...

JOHN DISALVATORE

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2006
POTOMAC MARYLAND
I NOW HAVE 500 MILES. WENT TO THE TRACK SUNDAY. RAN 12.52 @ 122. I KNOW THERE IS A LOT MORE THERE JUST HAVENT FOUND IT YET. ALSO WHAT ARE THE BEST GO FAST CHANGES FOR THE BUCK. THANKS

JAM-GT said:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do you have your timeslip? Look at the 60 ft and that will tell you alot. If it's anything above 2.2 you have your answer immediately on the poor performance.