New front screen by the GT Guys

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Hey sandman do you ever go to Euro Sunday's in Sacramento or do you know of any car meets that are close to Davis? I'm in Davis. You're completely right about gravel,straw,bugs, and rice. That little screen does nothing when your behind someone and they have a mattress fall out of their truck giong 75mph on the I-80. :frown

Been to Euro once at a friends request. I'm not really into car shows or lots of people so I don't know much about the local car scene.
Welcome to the valley all kinds of stuff in the air!:lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GTGuys, I'm in for one if you can use it on an '05. Frank

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Rich/Dennis -

I'm very interested - would like to know more about the installation procedure.

Thanks, Ralphie

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'd be in for one too!:thumbsup

John

Cancel. I just took a look and I have one already.

Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Definitely interested...price??

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I'm very interested also.

Thank you for all you do for us. :thumbsup

--

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
definitely interested...price??

ditto !!!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I'd be in for one as well.

Jeff

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
front screen

Very neat looking piece. Good job GT Guys as always!

When I removed the stock screen on my GT it ran noticeably cooler on road tracks.

Ed

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Right you are, Ed. After changing over to the later style, only on the hottest track days does the engine temp really start climbing. I have seen this piece the GT Guys have created and it is quite good, and a breeze to install. I think it is a great option for general driving. Now I probably can't get anything for my original early '05 slightly used grille.

Good pics John.

Pete S.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I'm interested as well guys! Good job!

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Front screen

Thank you to all for the kind words. We thought this would be a nice piece for a person that wanted to keep the road debris out of the cooling module and give them the option to easily remove it to track the car for better cooling. The early 05' cars had this screen material as the actual screen but through testing it was proven that the screen blocked a fair amount of air flow. This is why they changed to the 3 column grille that is on most of the cars today. Actually you can't even buy the early 05' grille anymore as this was a running change and the part was replaced. If you look close the hex pattern is the same pattern as the screens in the clamshell air intakes and the side scoops. As far as install and removal all you have to do is clean off the front of the condensor (if you want to), remove the 3 T27 torx screws the go straight up, hook the new screen over the bottom of the old one, rotate up, and reinstall the 3 torx screws. No need to remove the fascia as this piece goes directly over the top of the existing one. If one wanted to they could put some tape or thin felt inbetween the two to avoid damage but we haven't seen any when we have removed them for inspection. They are hand built just like our rear bumper delete screen and powdercoated to match the original grill. I have attached 2 pics to show the one we installed on Shelby18's car and one of just the screen. When it is installed you can't even tell it is a seperate piece.
We were planning on selling these for $450 plus shipping. If you are interested please send me an email at richbrooks@thegtguy.com. We are building another batch and they should be ready to ship out in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• GT-122.jpg
    GT-122.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 274

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Yep, I love it. I have this on my TT car also! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, Mr. WiseGuy Rich, so does it fit an '05 (with current grill), or not? Please, no engineering answers, just a simple yes or no.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Screen

OK, Mr. WiseGuy Rich, so does it fit an '05 (with current grill), or not? Please, no engineering answers, just a simple yes or no.

If you have this grille you can use our filler screen.

Attachments

• IMG_1252 - web.JPG
    IMG_1252 - web.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 226

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Since I have an early '05 with the screen, I'm going to take that as a no.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Received mine today and it looks great! :thumbsup

Looking forward to installing it this weekend. :banana

Jeff

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Rich-

You have to excuse poor old Dr. Frank. He doesn't like any complicated (technical) language. Jest, yep's and noooo's for him. Keep it simple.

Just like he learned all that simple stuff in medical school.

Frank, jest send him yur money and Rich will make it work for your 05.....

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I have had to back off due to engine temps on a few road courses, even full course at Miller, maybe it was from the heat coming of the Porsche Cup car I was pushing :wink. That said, I have not tried back to back runs with/without the screen.

Jeff - did you ever digitize and upload that video for forum viewing?

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I did post it.....

Here it is again! Good times! :cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM_6trJKeF0